British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

A very small part that can be rectified by the powers that be and less wishy washy rules and a strong slap on the wrist. I don't agree with what Rathbone did, why or what were the perceived benefits? However, without Rathbone there may not be a Peterborough Speedway, so if keeping a track going with all of the benefits to the sport that provides then that's a strange way helping the sport to die.

So we allow promoters to break the rules because if we dont a track may close, that way madness lies

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

So we allow promoters to break the rules because if we dont a track may close, that way madness lies

might as well let riders decide when and if they will ride here too :wink:

The only good thing out of this is Peterborough won't win the fours tomorrow. ;)

If Ged has taken a payment from Torun, it proves he is only thinking about his own pocket and if he is still promoter at Peterborough next year the fours should be moved to another track who's promoter cares about these shared events. What he has done has already affected the crowd level by what some fans comments on this forum are saying, which affects the payments to all the other clubs in the Championship and he is getting reimbursed by the Poles.

:rofl:

• Like 1

Certainly not but he didn't because the rule wasn't there was it. That's why they seemingly got away with it. Holder should have got 28 days regardless of who gives permission. Rathbone should have been put on licence for 12 months and warned of future conduct. If he chooses to then walk then that's his choice. If he's a speedway man (as Tsunami says) then he'll take it on board and carry on. If speedway's not for him (Tsunami's verdict on Rick Frost) then he'll move on.

The point that you seem to be missing is that we're only discussing this because Rathbone kept peterborough running in the first place when the sport was already dieing a slow death, so that's a funny way of being part of the cause of it!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

always a good read is the perteborough thread .

its got everything inc comedy ..

always a good read is the perteborough thread .

its got everything inc comedy ..

You certainly add to that aspect ;)

holder should get a 28 day ban minimum or longer like his brother they should not be able to treat british speedway like this when they sign a contract to ride over here it must be enforced . well done GED NO LONGER TRUST and I am a long time panthers fan.

• Like 3

holder should get a 28 day ban minimum or longer like his brother they should not be able to treat british speedway like this when they sign a contract to ride over here it must be enforced . well done GED NO LONGER TRUST and I am a long time panthers fan.

Trouble is that amongst all of the hot air, whatever contract was allegedly in place it wasn't worth the paper it was written on,

If "Contractually and by agreement the rider should be at Peterborough, not in Poland." then I'm sure that he would have been and the action by the authorities would have been swift and decisive if he wasn't. It wasn't, Holder has missed another fixture and we're still waiting one week on which suggests that there's a big loophole to close off.

Edited by Crump99

Its a poor state of affairs when the Panthers management think that the prosperity of a rider comes before the prosperity of the club. If I were a Panthers fan I wouldn`t be going to anymore meetings, they`re pointless meetings now.

• Like 2

I certainly won't be spending £64 on 4 challenge matches or whatever it is with a bit part team.

• Like 1

Its a poor state of affairs when the Panthers management think that the prosperity of a rider comes before the prosperity of the club. If I were a Panthers fan I wouldn`t be going to anymore meetings, they`re pointless meetings now.

Rathbone's quotes is the first statement (5/8/17) suggest that there was some benefit to the club although the PR was missing any detail.

benefit to the club eh ! the club being rathbone , is it not .

come the final day , ged will take any cash out of the panthers coffers , take his bond from the bspa and sod you all .

IN GED YOU TRUST yea , right o .

i had respect for anyone trying to save a club , but this guy has now shown his true colours .

i feel for panthers fans ( bar one ) after being promised a team that could have , maybe even should have been up there with the best . he let it self destruct for a fistful of dollars .

maybe another good guy can come in and take the steering wheel and put the club on the straight and narrow .

maybe its time for fans to show some solidarity and miss a few meetings , hit him in the pocket .

and dont forget to boo that aussie money grabbing scumbag when he returns .. show him and marrowbone who actually pays the bills .

benefit to the club eh ! the club being rathbone , is it not .

come the final day , ged will take any cash out of the panthers coffers , take his bond from the bspa and sod you all .

IN GED YOU TRUST yea , right o .

i had respect for anyone trying to save a club , but this guy has now shown his true colours .

i feel for panthers fans ( bar one ) after being promised a team that could have , maybe even should have been up there with the best . he let it self destruct for a fistful of dollars .

maybe another good guy can come in and take the steering wheel and put the club on the straight and narrow .

maybe its time for fans to show some solidarity and miss a few meetings , hit him in the pocket .

and dont forget to boo that aussie money grabbing scumbag when he returns .. show him and marrowbone who actually pays the bills .

You need to be careful Jenga, you are starting to put some sensible posts out!!

I agree, real losers in this are the vast majority of Panthers fans who deserve a lot better, especially those who contributed to the begging bowl when it came around to "keep the club afloat", I'm guessing they may not be so willing now, and questioning if their money was (well) spent!

• Like 1

Rathbone's quotes is the first statement (5/8/17) suggest that there was some benefit to the club although the PR was missing any detail.

That might be the case in the short term but in the long term its a different kettle of fish, the fans will vote with their feet. Plus its not fair on the teams Panthers are visiting its more than likely that attendances will be down at these tracks, after all who wants to see a team that has already given up the ghost before a wheel is turned. That's my opinion. Edited by dornier