British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Their are not enough riders willing to ride in the UK for one league, plus it would shift the balance of power back to the riders which would ensure prices go up and clubs ending up like Belle Vue, Leicester and Plymouth amongst others.

• Like 2

Can't disagree with any of that & not advocating one league, just not a fan of doubling up. Not sure how it can be avoided though.

Add BWD to them, assuming he signs. Can see him at Kings Lynn or Leicester

And maybe Hansen and Lambert - BV KL Leicester and Wolves still to complete.

Their are not enough riders willing to ride in the UK for one league, plus it would shift the balance of power back to the riders which would ensure prices go up and clubs ending up like Belle Vue, Leicester and Plymouth amongst others.

150 riders listed in the averages & only 133 needed for the 19 teams, so on the face of it one league is achievable!

• Like 2

150 riders listed in the averages & only 133 needed for the 19 teams, so on the face of it one league is achievable!

add a sprinkling of injuries, other league commitments ,retirements and those whose average no longer fits with the new Premier League conversion rates..

would never work nor be financial viable for the bulk of riders...

add a sprinkling of injuries, other league commitments ,retirements and those whose average no longer fits with the new Premier League conversion rates..

would never work nor be financial viable for the bulk of riders...

No, don't agree. All the riders listed could ride in a 45 point team & for every retiree/stay away there is a new rider coming in (e.g. all the new 2 pointers, new foreigners & Jan Graverson).

Doubling up can only be avoided by having one league, it's a necessary evil to make ends meet for riders who don't get a gig abroad.

Fixed race nights for Premiership & Sky - Monday & Wednesday. Championship any other nights to fit in with other European leagues as it minimises guest manipulation for double uppers

There are not enough riders available for 1 league to make it fair & equal due to the ease of riders being snapped up as assets.

Especially with six man teams....

Especially with six man teams....

Why six man teams?

Why six man teams?

The one thing I personally don't want to see is six man teams, had it before in the top league for one season and in my opinion it didn't work and made for dull speedway meetings if we ever go back to that could see attendances dropping off quite alarmingly .

Why six man teams?

Not my personal choice, but it has been muted recently...

• Like 1

The one thing I personally don't want to see is six man teams, had it before in the top league for one season and in my opinion it didn't work and made for dull speedway meetings if we ever go back to that could see attendances dropping off quite alarmingly .

Didn't work in the then Premiership League in 1997. The year we joined.

The Panthers fans in this thread have all had a bit of fun playing the guess-the-line-up" game. A few of the 'interlopers' have contributed some interesting stuff - and the usual suspects have done their best to suffocate the interesting stuff with a mish-mash of wind-ups and inane dross.

But now that it's looking almost certain which two riders are going to complete our line-up for next season, and even if the team is not quite what we were hoping for (me personally, I was secretly wishing for a miracle that Hans Andersen would somehow be back!) let's just be H-A-P-P-Y that Panthers are still there.

And despite some of the negativity, it just could be our season..... :t:

UTP!

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 6

Not my personal choice, but it has been muted recently...

I believe it was looked at but ruled out, thankfully.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1