British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Really good team - needs one of the top 4 to step up whether it be on rotation meeting by meeting or 1 full time to lead the scores.

If that happens BWD/Lambert at reserve will be a huge plus scoring heavily from their rides and covering any misfire above.

Play off challengers for sure.

• Like 4

For the life of me I just can't see this as a play off team at all. Looks poor actually.

Knowing the owners trigger happy fingers I'd expect changes fairly swiftly if they lose much ground early on.

Looks better than Scunny and Berwick, but that's about it IMO.

• Like 1

Totally underwhelmed by this team

• Like 1

Delighted to see BWD get a place this year. He wont let you down, a real racer who never gives up. We were gutted to lose him last year at Arlington because of the rule change. As a life long 'Posh' fan but never a Panther (E o E S G did not exist then) I will follow them this year and hope to get a chance to see him when visiting family up there.

• Like 1

So it seems the know it all's knew it all...average side for me but we will see..they said that about Somerset at the start of last season.

• Like 2

So it seems the know it all's knew it all...average side for me but we will see..they said that about Somerset at the start of last season.

Oh dear, will you never learn? No apostrophe in "all's". Regards, Dick Touchy

I'm not a panthers fan myself, but I think the team looks brilliant, starke has kicked on in the past couple of seasons which is pretty good and BWD is decent around most places, and once again having a 5.02 reserve is brilliant, it then means you will always have someone strong, or someone who needs to gain a bit of confidence again at reserve. As always though, it's wether or not this team stays injury free which will determine wether or not they are play off contenders, but my the looks of things this team will be strong hpboth home and away, and will probably be able to keep a 100% home record also! This will be one of the many teams I will follow through updates next year and also through averages to see how the team is progressing!

I'm quite happy with the final 1-7. Plenty of scope for average increases from Holder & the reserve pairing, a point each is not unreasonable. Ully will be better than last season & the rest are all capable of chipping in with heat wins.

Cautious optimism for a play-off spot, but fancy a cup win.

• Like 1

It's a great team for those that mostly watch their team at home. Full of never give up racers.

Exactly and that's at least 90% of fans.

• Like 2

we look very good at home should go unbeaten which will be good after last season away? also does any one know if they got the track work done to level it out with lazers to make it more consistant

Oh dear, will you never learn? No apostrophe in "all's". Regards, Dick Touchy

Sorry for my lack of grammatical correctness.. didn't think it would be too much of an issue on a speedway forum. Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem to have been much of a secret tbh so I wouldn't call anyone who knew that a know it all by any stretch of the imagination.