Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

For a team geared up to rely on home form, it certainly was disappointing to be hammered in such a way.

Take King out of that side and replace him with a 2 pointer and it's a championship side that still would have won the meeting comfortably.

Need to beat scunthorpe Friday to set a marker.

• Like 1

For a team geared up to rely on home form, it certainly was disappointing to be hammered in such a way.

Take King out of that side and replace him with a 2 pointer and it's a championship side that still would have won the meeting comfortably.

Need to beat scunthorpe Friday to set a marker.

Carl Johnson has said they may tweak the team around for Friday and also do some work on the track. well I hope we don't turn up to find a blue groove halfway through the meeting again , as there will be a lot of unhappy supporters given we have a team of racers but not enough shale on track to do what they have been brought in to do, so 'd like to see the riders given a grippy track with plenty of shale on it but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Really?

King - championship leagues best rider

Kerr - 3rd heat leader

Garrity - number 1

Lasse - 3rd heatleader

Kenneth - premier league heat leader

Bates - second string at reserve and loves eoes

Sarj - second string

How did people think would be much closer???? Who realistically could Lambert/BWD and Bacon beat today???

Christ get off the riders back, one CHALLENGE meeting, against a team who should be in the higher league..... it's ridiculous.

After April then we can start questioning things if needed.....

• Like 9

Really?

Kerr - 3rd heat leader

Garrity - number 1

Lasse - 3rd heatleader

Sarj - second string

How did people think would be much closer???? Who realistically could Lambert/BWD and Bacon beat today???

Christ get off the riders back, one CHALLENGE meeting, against a team who should be in the higher league..... it's ridiculous.

Take King out and replace with a 2 pointer that's a championship team and fits in the limit.

Take King out and replace with a 2 pointer that's a championship team and fits in the limit.

not quite - would need to drop one of the reserves for another 2 pointer as well.
  • Like 1

not quite - would need to drop one of the reserves for another 2 pointer as well.

Don't let them stop having a go at the team after 1 meeting.... against stronger opposition.

Really?

Kerr - 3rd heat leader

Garrity - number 1

Lasse - 3rd heatleader

Sarj - second string

I don't get all this negativity 5hite , it was a glorified practice on a super slick track , when its slick and consistent as it was , they'd be only a couple of riders in the world capable of beating bjerre round showground , king is better than anybody panthers have , I thought if panthers hit 35 they'd be done well

positives

even tho bacon didn't score I thought he looked alright will face nothing of that class at reserve in champs

lambert looked ok after his bad injuries he likes it far more grippy if the track had more grip he would have scored lot more

holder got a lesson how to ride track from king and co it wont do him any harm

the track will be nothing like it was yesterday on Friday i'd expect a totally different result and I still believe panthers will be a force at home and get some right stuffings on road

• Like 3

The only positive I can see is that it was a challenge match and the result didn't really matter?

Despite the gap between the leagues narrowing in reality it is still huge.

10 points in team building terms is greater than those critising are acknowledging.

• Like 5

Agree Bruv and no Championship team is realistically going to beat a Premiership club over 2 legs to get "promoted".

Having said that there are one or two that could run Somerset close IMO with the greatest of respect to them but you'd still back Somerset over two legs.

If they are serious about promotion/relegation then in should have been Champions go up and wooden spoonists in the Premiership go down.

Guess the argument will probably be that a play off will generate a little extra income.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Just seen some photos of some absolutely shredded tyres from today...Wonder if they are the new "harder" compound tyres brought in for this season!.. Obviously no good on tarmac!.....Also just read that Johnson said the riders were full of praise for the track...Bull####!

Just seen some photos of some absolutely shredded tyres from today...Wonder if they are the new "harder" compound tyres brought in for this season!.. Obviously no good on tarmac!.....Also just read that Johnson said the riders were full of praise for the track...Bull####!

It was a red tire not a yellow aka a one from last year not this year I think.

Ah ok..Thank God for that.. Nichols said in Speedway star there was none of that happening with the tyres from last year..Although he probably never raced them on concrete!

I think we need a reshuffle, I don't think Holder is good enough as a number 1.

What would Kenneth Bjerre's average be?

The resident loony is back then!!! :D

• Like 1

He isn't actually a loony though is he, just someone with a few different user names on different threads purposefully putting things that wind people up.

• Like 1