British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Just seen some photos of some absolutely shredded tyres from today...Wonder if they are the new "harder" compound tyres brought in for this season!.. Obviously no good on tarmac!.....Also just read that Johnson said the riders were full of praise for the track...Bull####!

he said the riders praised how smooth the track was relative to last year....

Where's Holder's club race suit?

It'll be interesting to see how we get on against scunny Friday as it's vital that a team built to win at home lays down a marker

Edited by Flappy

It'll be interesting to see how we get on against scunny Friday as it's vital that a team built to win at home lays down a marker

Especially against a team that won't be tipped to do very well.

My major concern is will the track be in good shape with a good top dressing of shale, I think the top dressing on Sunday must have come from a broken down egg timer . If they can't get it right which often seems the case then they should look to bring in someone who knows what they are doing .There are a few good one's about with the experience and knowledge of how to prepare a track surface and yet at the showground we have one of the best racing circuits in the country the track has been laser levelled to take out all the humps and bumps to create a nice smooth surface and yet after 6 races on Sunday we had a blue groove riders busting a gut around the outside going backwards , sorry but I find this totally unacceptable . Sunday should have been a showcase for Peterborough in front of a bumper crowd which was let down by a poor track surface which seem devoid of shale , hence we had tractor racing after every 2 races , I can understand the need for regular watering as it was quite windy , but grading after every 2 races, who wants to see that.

The track was exceptional for the pl 4s last season considering the number of races. Give jack a track surface like that wknd and he wont dissappoint.

• Like 2

Lambert and Hansen injured this afternoon in Lambert's testamonial

...Oh dear..Osterguard had a mare as well..Our boys don't seem to like Sundays (or coming up against good opposition!)..Any news on how bad the injury's are?

...Oh dear..Osterguard had a mare as well..Our boys don't seem to like Sundays (or coming up against good opposition!)..Any news on how bad the injury's are?

Simon is battered & bruised but ok.

Lambert and Hansen injured this afternoon in Lambert's testamonial

Simon is battered & bruised but ok.

..And is king Ken ok?

He looked fine after the meeting

so just flappy living up to his name then

Lukas will have to find something else to feel gloomy about now 😜

Good to hear that it appears neither are in too bad a way 👍

If anyone is interested I have a Peterborough coat that belonged to Peter Karlsson when he rode there, size large. I am selling it & all proceeds will go straight to his Farewell Fund Account. Open to offers & will be delivered to the track for collection. It is in great condition & I can provide a photo if you pm me.