British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Would Joe Jacobs get a brit reduction? We'd have 5.32 to play with as we started the season under the limit.

Huckenbeck not a bad shout either.

Even if like tonight it's costing us points? Only the top 4 make the play offs and he's going backwards.

Bacon too really is struggling too

Remember changes can't be made after may this season

What do you mean changes can't be made after May?

Haven't PL clubs just made some changes?

I was just thinking about Grondal?

What does everybody think...

No idea where that came from :o

Apologies it's July. No idea where I got may from

Any have decent brit 3 pointers out there? It'd mean replacing Lambert with someone like Grondal, Etheridge etc though and losing BWD from reserve.

Could Joe Jacobs get a reduction at all?

I feel we have to stick with Lambert and Bacon and hope they improve..

So long as we keep winning at fortress showground and it looks like we are heading towards the play offs - I'd keep them for at least the next couple of months... give em a honest chance.. :t:

• Like 1

From what I've seen on Bacon this year, albeit only twice it just doesn't look to me like the Showground suits him. However, as been mentioned it's difficult to find a suitable replacement. I thought Nathan Greaves looked good in the Under 21's, I think he'd be worth a go.

From what I've seen on Bacon this year, albeit only twice it just doesn't look to me like the Showground suits him. However, as been mentioned it's difficult to find a suitable replacement. I thought Nathan Greaves looked good in the Under 21's, I think he'd be worth a go.

No thanks , he's been around long enough, to have improved a lot more , i'd rather stick with Tom Bacon and give him the chance. Most of the NO;7's in the championship are having a tough baptism of fire and IMO we should stick with him all season regardless if he is struggling, if the lads showing the commitment and is eager to impress then lets give him a bit of confidence and give him that chance with management and riders helping him with advice , who knows it might just work for him.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

No thanks , he's been around long enough, to have improved a lot more , i'd rather stick with Tom Bacon and give him the chance.

Wajknecht

No thanks , he's been around long enough, to have improved a lot more , i'd rather stick with Tom Bacon and give him the chance. Most of the NO;7's in the championship are having a tough baptism of fire and IMO we should stick with him all season regardless if he is struggling, if the lads showing the commitment and is eager to impress then lets give him a bit of confidence and give him that chance with management and riders helping him with advice , who knows it might just work for him.

I don't dispute that he's giving it his best but I just don't think he'll cut it at Peterborough. Different tracks would suit him better. He wasn't anywhere near to Mountain or Hume last week and although they're both doing ok, they're not setting the world alight.

• Like 1

Bacon needs to find the confidence to move away from the relative safety of the inside, a different approach to using the track could be a changer

• Like 1