British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

The rules say a national league eligible rider not that they have to be riding in the NL as far as I could see anyway

and to be elligible to ride NL the rider has to have an average of under 4 at the start of the season.
  • Like 1

Ged should snap Adam Roynon up ASAP.

Adam has only been struggling because he has been riding at the difficult No.4 position.

Would be a high scoring reserve for Panthers.

When the new averages come out this should be the 1-7

1. J. Holder

2. Wilson-Dean

3. Starke

4. Hansen

5. Ostergaard

6. Roynon

7. Bacon

I'd rather have Lambert and that says a lot.

Roynon is on last years machinery and as the press release states, considering retiring.....hardly says, 'sign me' does it?

• Like 1

Adam has only been struggling because he has been riding at the difficult No.4 position.

No he shouldn't, been there read the book seen the film and watched him score bugger all at most away tracks.

Roynon has been struggling for the last 5 years, it doesn't matter what position he rides at.

The rules say a national league eligible rider not that they have to be riding in the NL as far as I could see anyway

The rules say 2 riders who have competed in or are eligible to ride in the NL. Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Would be a high scoring reserve for Panthers.

When the new averages come out this should be the 1-7

1. J. Holder

2. Wilson-Dean

3. Starke

4. Hansen

5. Ostergaard

6. Roynon

7. Bacon

No way, I don't understand the reason for such a kneejerk reaction , we tried that towards the end of last season and what a disaster that was . If we are at some stage to change any riders lets do it with those with that will improve the team , Roynon for Lambert is not an improvement.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

Very impressed with Danny Ayres yesterday, & would love to see him in the side. How we do it is a problem, but he would improve his average in my opinion.

Lambert 5.25 and Bacon 2.00 out and Ayres 3.70 and Wajknecht 2.53 in

Edited by 2ndbend

Tempting but no. The mug in me thinks that Lambert could smash in scores again and will Ayres do that? Not to the same degree.

Rather sign Busch and Ayres if Redcar keep Garcia

I'd say Ayres has the more potential to kick on though.

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

I'd make that move personally if both are available.

The problem would then be both riders riding in all 3 leagues though.

Edited by Flappy

I think the problem with replacing Lambert at the minute is his father he is the commercial manager at Peterborough and has.brought in quite a bit of local sponsorship and hired the boxes out. Would the promotion want to upset him before giving Simon a change at reserve ?

The problem is the Panthers have got lots of fixtures coming up in the next few weeks including quite a few home meetings

• Like 1

I think the problem with replacing Lambert at the minute is his father he is the commercial manager at Peterborough and has.brought in quite a bit of local sponsorship and hired the boxes out. Would the promotion want to upset him before giving Simon a change at reserve ?

The problem is the Panthers have got lots of fixtures coming up in the next few weeks including quite a few home meetings

If we let his average drop to 3 to give the said chance ato reserve and it doesn't pay off our season will be over due to the make up of the side bring heavily reliant on all 7 improving their averges greatly Edited by Flappy

Tempting but no. The mug in me thinks that Lambert could smash in scores again and will Ayres do that? Not to the same degree.

Rather sign Busch and Ayres if Redcar keep Garcia

Are you using the Ged Rathbone average calculator, thinking of bringing in two riders totalling around 8.3 to replace two on 7.25 :nono:

Don't see Busch being anywhere near a comeback, and if he is Redcar would be mad to keep Garcia instead

Fair point but not a lot of sympathy tbh. Should have seen that potential conflict (if it exists) in the first place. They have a bloke, Bratley, virtually living on site (unless he's moved) who could have quite easily picked that up. I don't know if they considered that or approached him.

Agree with Mad Max - Busch's injuries certainly sounded like it would take more than 28 days to heal. If he was fit enough to make a comeback would be straight back into our side I would think.

Am surprised no-one has picked up Ayres though.