British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

British Under 19 Championship

I cant find any news or details anywhere on the forum (If there is sorry)

Wednesday 14 September 19:30 sees Birmingham Speedway host the British Under 19 Championship at Perry Barr.

Previously named riders to compete:-

1. Alfie Bowtell (Mildenhall), 2. Jack Thomas (Kent), 3. Zach Wajtknecht (Somerset and Birmingham), 4. James Shanes (Kent), 5. Max Clegg (Wolverhampton, Edinburgh and Cradley), 6. Jack Smith (Birmingham), 7. Ryan Kinsley (Kings Lynn), 8. Jamie Halder (Coventry), 9. Luke Harris (Eastbourne), 10. Kelsey Dugard (Isle of Wight), 11. Nathan Greaves (Sheffield and Kings Lynn), 12. Jack Parkinson Blackburn (Birmingham), 13. Josh Bailey (Scunthorpe and Kings Lynn), 14. Dan Bewley (Edinburgh and Belle Vue), 15. Luke Ruddick (Mildenhall), 16. Ellis Perks (Plymouth and Eastbourne).

Reserves: 17. Ben Basford ( /Cradley), 18. Layne Cuppitt (Isle of Wight).

Can anyone advise of the known replacements for injured riders?

I cannot believe the apathy towards this meeting as the best prospects for British Speedway will be on duty at the meeting.

Not well publicized by either Birmingham or BSPA and no one on here cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Birmingham web site has this line-up:-

Alfie Bowtell, Jack Thomas, Taylor Hampshire, James Shanes, Max Clegg, Jack Smith, Ryan Kinsley, Jamie Halder, Luke Harris, Ben Basford, Nathan Greaves, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, Dan Bewley, Callum Walker, Ellis Perks.

Reserves Connor Locke, Joe Lawlor.

Im very much looking to this, its the future of this country and a decent line up. Admission prices remain the same as a normal Brummies match.

I know people will look to Bewley or Clegg to win this but dont right off James Shanes, if theres a dirt line on the outside i honestly wouldnt rule him out. He was superb last week!. Hoping JPB and Smithy do well on their home track.

Gonna leave early as the Villa are playing at home and the traffic will queue down the Aldridge road, shouldnt affect fans coming from the motorway or the A34.

• Like 1

Don't think a couple of them mentioned will be riding

Don't think a couple of them mentioned will be riding

I think Clegg could start 15m back in all his races and still win at a canter considering the injuries to others.

I think Clegg could start 15m back in all his races and still win at a canter considering the injuries to others.

looking forward to this one, yep Clegg must be favourite but only seen Dan Bewley ride 4 times & been so impressed

If Bewley is riding then he has a chance, was under the impression he was out for the season.

If Bewley is riding then he has a chance, was under the impression he was out for the season.

You are right mate, just found out now I'm bloody here! :sad:

You are right mate, just found out now I'm bloody here! :sad:

Hate it when actual riding lists aren't declared in advance when its obvious that riders won't be there but clubs still advertise them in the line ups right until the last second.

Congratulations to all who competed. Surprised to see Jack Smith included as he was withdrawn on Monday following a head injury which i thought invoked the concussion ruling?

Hate it when actual riding lists aren't declared in advance when its obvious that riders won't be there but clubs still advertise them in the line ups right until the last second.

Congratulations to all who competed. Surprised to see Jack Smith included as he was withdrawn on Monday following a head injury which i thought invoked the concussion ruling?

That was the actual point of the tread as no one could name the line up until last minute, that prevented me from going.

I enjoyed the meeting, total respect for ALL the riders for putting on a show. Disappointed that Bewley couldn't ride as maybe Max Clegg wouldn't have won it so easy. Still congratulations to Max, he deserved it. Didn't always gate, in the heat with Perks, he passed him on the back straight. Then Heat 20, Shanes had the beating of him right up-to the last bend, when Max got Shanes on the line to win the title. Great way to win it.

So happy for Jack Smith that was a great podium. Very impressed with Layne Cupitt, he rode well.