British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

We as a fan really need something to look forward to within this season.

Pride & passion clearly missing from the management team imo.

Buster has pretty much assured us that we're remaining Elite in 17.

JC has hinted at a couple of changes for next season i.e. track prep and PR which fingers crossed that's correct.

Team wise, very difficult to be realistic rather than stupid choices like Sayfutdinov, Dudek etc.

Going by suggestions that the EDR will be dropped, 6 man teams a no go and working by current average setups,

May be:

1. Iversen 8.99

2. Porsing 4.70

3. Lambert 6.92

4. Rose 5.00

5. Smolinski 7.56

6. T.Kurtz 3.75

7. Huckenbeck 3.56

Average: 40.48

Not an overly inspired selection but can't think of much else to tickle the waters so to speak

1. Iversen 8.99

2. Lasse 4.90

3. Bjerre 5.87

4. Troy 6.26

5. Lambert 6.65

6. Huckenbreck 3.18

7. Porsing 4.70

Shade over 40.50, Troy owes Lynn another season giving how crap he's been, and Bjerre cant be as bad.

1. Iversen 8.99

2. Lasse 4.90

3. Bjerre 5.87

4. Troy 6.26

5. Lambert 6.65

6. Huckenbreck 3.18

7. Porsing 4.70

Shade over 40.50, Troy owes Lynn another season giving how crap he's been, and Bjerre cant be as bad.

If Poole want Bratchelor then that's where he'll be.

Who said we wanted Batch. I said he is a possible option considering his average is actually going to drop to somewhere near 5 ish!

1.NKI=8.99

2.Aaron Summers=4.65

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Bjerre=5.87

5.Thomas H Jonasson=6.50

6.Huckenbeck=3.18

7.L.Kerr=4.31

40.42. I'm not a Lynn fan as you can tell but I enjoy team building and I think Bjerre and Summers would be good and THJ is a good signing on that average. You will have GP rider in NKI(hopefully), THJ former GP rider, Bjerre who missed by a whisker and future GP rider(hopefully) Lambert which is a strong team.

1.NKI=8.99

2.Aaron Summers=4.65

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Bjerre=5.87

5.Thomas H Jonasson=6.50

6.Huckenbeck=3.18

7.L.Kerr=4.31

40.42. I'm not a Lynn fan as you can tell but I enjoy team building and I think Bjerre and Summers would be good and THJ is a good signing on that average. You will have GP rider in NKI(hopefully), THJ former GP rider, Bjerre who missed by a whisker and future GP rider(hopefully) Lambert which is a strong team.

We as a fan really need something to look forward to within this season.

Pride & passion clearly missing from the management team imo.

Buster has pretty much assured us that we're remaining Elite in 17.

JC has hinted at a couple of changes for next season i.e. track prep and PR which fingers crossed that's correct.

Team wise, very difficult to be realistic rather than stupid choices like Sayfutdinov, Dudek etc.

Going by suggestions that the EDR will be dropped, 6 man teams a no go and working by current average setups,

May be:

1. Iversen 8.99

2. Porsing 4.70

3. Lambert 6.92

4. Rose 5.00

5. Smolinski 7.56

6. T.Kurtz 3.75

7. Huckenbeck 3.56

Average: 40.48

Not an overly inspired selection but can't think of much else to tickle the waters so to speak

I never hinted, I know as much as you and simply gave my opinion after reading the most recent press release on the stars website.

• Like 1

Who said we wanted Batch. I said he is a possible option considering his average is actually going to drop to somewhere near 5 ish!

1.NKI=8.99

2.Aaron Summers=4.65

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Bjerre=5.87

5.Thomas H Jonasson=6.50

6.Huckenbeck=3.18

7.L.Kerr=4.31

1.NKI=8.99

2.Aaron Summers=4.65

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Bjerre=5.87

5.Thomas H Jonasson=6.50

6.Huckenbeck=3.18

7.L.Kerr=4.31

Bratchelor will be in demand as promotors will see him improving his average or will he be the new Travis McGowan who was always on a false average according to many.

As for THJ who has been poor in Sweden this season he isn't worth a 6.50 average as is a waste of time in Britain for any average as is over rated big time.

Although, it is expected the EDR will go, there must be some requirement of British riders. Each team to have say 3 Brits...... , One always at reserve

If not we will all have a team of foreign hopefuls, and no chance for the Brits to improve.... :nono:

• Like 3

I never hinted, I know as much as you and simply gave my opinion after reading the most recent press release on the stars website.

Your Dad's press release never mentioned anything about the track and PR, just that he knows things must improve next year. The one after Lakeside mentioned the track prep I guess (listening to the rides).

Everyone will think u have inside info Jonathan, it's only natural!

Bratchelor will be in demand as promotors will see him improving his average or will he be the new Travis McGowan who was always on a false average according to many.

As for THJ who has been poor in Sweden this season he isn't worth a 6.50 average as is a waste of time in Britain for any average as is over rated big time.

I believe his average is 5.69 which might look tempting given his ability and was good forPoole when he rode but it would be too much of a risk in my opinion

We risked Rory and Troy coming back from injuries this season. It didn't work. Not sure I'd risk Troy again even though he is on a low average. Wouldn't risk Bjerre either as he'd clearly lost his elite league mojo last season and who is to say he will be any better next season. Need to look for fresh young blood to freshen things up.

Happy to keep Niels but only if he commits. Robert and team Lewis are musts. Jury is out on Porsing.

• Like 2

1. Iversen 8.99

2. Lasse 4.90

3. Bjerre 5.87

4. Troy 6.26

5. Lambert 6.65

6. Huckenbreck 3.18

7. Porsing 4.70

Can't think of anything worse than a team with Bjerre & Batchelor in it.

Although, it is expected the EDR will go, there must be some requirement of British riders. Each team to have say 3 Brits...... , One always at reserve

If not we will all have a team of foreign hopefuls, and no chance for the Brits to improve.... :nono:

I agree. Think there should be a minimum of 1 Brit at reserve and 1 in the top 5.

Otherwise I think a lot of British riders will be out of work as only Coventry, Belle Vue & Lakeside seem to always include a lot of them.

We risked Rory and Troy coming back from injuries this season. It didn't work. Not sure I'd risk Troy again even though he is on a low average. Wouldn't risk Bjerre either as he'd clearly lost his elite league mojo last season and who is to say he will be any better next season. Need to look for fresh young blood to freshen things up.

Happy to keep Niels but only if he commits. Robert and team Lewis are musts. Jury is out on Porsing.

Good points !! have to agree with most you have posted. Without knowing the exact details of the league next year, it is hard to pinpoint the makeup of riders we need, but like you, Lambert and team Lewis should be the first consideration, 3 Brits on the up. Obviously Niels if he commits to the schedule, coupled with Porsing who I think will only get better. These five will form the basis of a good side, that would only need to breath in some new young enthusiastic blood to motivate it to its full potential.. I think we have exhausted the old brigade and need some new STARS to connect with our deserving Fans....

Good points !! have to agree with most you have posted. Without knowing the exact details of the league next year, it is hard to pinpoint the makeup of riders we need, but like you, Lambert and team Lewis should be the first consideration, 3 Brits on the up. Obviously Niels if he commits to the schedule, coupled with Porsing who I think will only get better. These five will form the basis of a good side, that would only need to breath in some new young enthusiastic blood to motivate it to its full potential.. I think we have exhausted the old brigade and need some new STARS to connect with our deserving Fans....

Mads kenneth and I'm sorry to say Rory as well shouldn't be considered though I doubt any would want to come back also I'd not have Kerr back either he's in the same position as Troy and Rory - and I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a new team manager as well as I think Rob will walk at end of season which is a shame as Dale certainly doesn't seem the man for the job .

A couple of middle order forgotten men just crossed my mind that are going well this season

Andžejs Ļebedevs may be worth another shot on a 4.50 assessed average

Timo Lahti seems to be on good form abroad with 5.45 average

Kevin Wolbert his last EL average was 5.04

• Like 1