British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

With each team that is announced for 2017, it is quite a relief that the riders, a lot of supporters have earmarked for the Stars quad are still available, giving us plenty of reasons to be optimistic and enthusiastic about our hopes for the coming year.

The location, Holder chooses to ride, really holds the key for many teams. Of the 3 remaining, namely Belle Vue, Leicester and Kings Lynn they can all offer him top status to lead the team . Thinking about the track, Airport and facilities then BV must come high on the list. If he wants a real challenge then Leicester really does need a talisman to lead from the front and encourage the team forward. But if he wants to ride for a solid club with their own track then it will be Lynn. there are not many track abouts that are open everyday to practice and getting the bike set up for the meetings in Europe. All Clubs will have to meet his financial demands, but am hoping the track availability will swing it...

Although I had hoped he would come to Lynn, my original thought was Somerset. Now they have announced their side, my next fear is BV. Fingers crossed

Post removed got my sums wrong

Edited by B.V 72

Did anyone else hear Matt Fords interview and pick up on "no NKI this season" when talking about changes to the league following decisions made at the AGM?

• Like 1

Did anyone else hear Matt Fords interview and pick up on "no NKI this season" when talking about changes to the league following decisions made at the AGM?

Surely that is driven by the new regulations in Poland, not the agm. Kl could have fitted nki into the team just fine.

Where was the interview? Haven't heard anything, but not a complete surprise I guess. NKI took a lot of persuading to ride during this season, and the fans were extremely thankful he decided to stay the full term. He probably wants to push on with his GP plans, and like most top riders, the UK just doesn't figure in his plans for next year.

I'm sure all Lynn fans (me included) are waiting to see if Chris Holder plans to ride in the UK in 2017, we would love to have him at Saddlebow Road, that would be the icing on the cake if NKI doesn't ride.

• Like 1

Surely that is driven by the new regulations in Poland, not the agm. Kl could have fitted nki into the team just fine.

Most probably but I don't follow Poland that closely so only posted what I heard from Matt. What are the new regs in Poland please?

Where was the interview? Haven't heard anything, but not a complete surprise I guess. NKI took a lot of persuading to ride during this season, and the fans were extremely thankful he decided to stay the full term. He probably wants to push on with his GP plans, and like most top riders, the UK just doesn't figure in his plans for next year.

I'm sure all Lynn fans (me included) are waiting to see if Chris Holder plans to ride in the UK in 2017, we would love to have him at Saddlebow Road, that would be the icing on the cake if NKI doesn't ride.

It's on the Poole 2017 thread - post 2559 - S. Shovlar has 3/4 interviews listed.

With each team that is announced for 2017, it is quite a relief that the riders, a lot of supporters have earmarked for the Stars quad are still available, giving us plenty of reasons to be optimistic and enthusiastic about our hopes for the coming year.

The location, Holder chooses to ride, really holds the key for many teams. Of the 3 remaining, namely Belle Vue, Leicester and Kings Lynn they can all offer him top status to lead the team . Thinking about the track, Airport and facilities then BV must come high on the list. If he wants a real challenge then Leicester really does need a talisman to lead from the front and encourage the team forward. But if he wants to ride for a solid club with their own track then it will be Lynn. there are not many track abouts that are open everyday to practice and getting the bike set up for the meetings in Europe. All Clubs will have to meet his financial demands, but am hoping the track availability will swing it...

Although I had hoped he would come to Lynn, my original thought was Somerset. Now they have announced their side, my next fear is BV. Fingers crossed...

I cant see Holder riding at Belle vue but if he did i would think it would be Fricke in most predicted B/vue teams he would replace so if it did happen it could mean Fricke at your place ?.More food for thought in the silly season.

For what its worth thinking long term(i live in hope) for the club i would rather Fricke stay at B/vue.

Interesting that Matt did mention the likes of NKI and AJ not being able to ride Premiership but did not specifically mention Chris Holder.!!

• Like 1

A good article in the SS this morning from Armando Castagna explaining the rules that the Polish Speedway have initiated. He went on to say the authorities have not broken any rules, and that the riders would have to had signed a contract in agreeing with the 3 Club Rule. Putting aside the 2 top paying leagues namely Poland and Sweden, most of the Danes will ride their Danish home league making the total of 3. But riders like Holder and the other Aussies have a more open options, making it possible to ride in our league...

Have heard a few whispers that Holden is destine to ride for the Stars..... Fingers crossed this is correct....

"Chris Holder is the new No.1 at KL."

Is this fact Monster Daz? I thought the final parts of the jigsaw were to be announced at the supporters meeting on Dec 16th. If you are correct (not doubting your inside info for one minute!) then this is great news and will put lots of bums on seats.

Thanks also to Maneacat for the link to the Matt Ford interview.

Something I didn't want to read via this forum from Matt bloomin Ford first!!! Feckin Poland, never gonna go over there again!!

Edited by Trees

"Chris Holder is the new No.1 at KL."

Is this fact Monster Daz? I thought the final parts of the jigsaw were to be announced at the supporters meeting on Dec 16th. If you are correct (not doubting your inside info for one minute!) then this is great news and will put lots of bums on seats.

Thanks also to Maneacat for the link to the Matt Ford interview.

More rubbish stirring from kks, that's all it is

Something I didn't want to read via this forum from Matt bloomin Ford first!!! Feckin Poland, never gonna go over there again!!

I bet theyre really concerned about that Edited by therefused
  • Like 1

More rubbish stirring from kks, that's all it is I bet theyre really concerned about that

Never once thought they would be, funny you took it that way, how odd lol

More rubbish stirring from kks, that's all it is

I bet theyre really concerned about that

I would think it's an educated guess. Holder wants to ride here, he's running out of teams who could accommodate him, and MF seems to suggest there's no NKI (maybe there's a reason he knows, relating to the aforementioned rider filling the number one sized hole at Kings Lynn).
  • Like 1