British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

But harsh as he has to ride in Denmark and the other two big leagues pay more and only run once a week. A complete no brainer for him really. Sounds like he would have done all four but for those lovely Poles.

Iversen doesn't HAVE to ride in Denmark. He could have chosen Kings Lynn over his Danish club. Of course it would have upset his Danish fans as Woofinden has to British fans over here, but nothing to stop him riding for Lynn other than his will not to.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Shortcomings?

Struggling to see any actually given the points to play with.

So you think its acceptable a rider is canoodling in the pits with his girlfriend between his races? Do you think its professional and acceptable?

Do you work part time for the Daily echo reporting this shocking breaking news to the speedway suporters of Kings lynn speedway.

Anyway i would think that at his age he will be keen and able to handle more than 5 rides in a meeting. :shock:

But harsh as he has to ride in Denmark and the other two big leagues pay more and only run once a week. A complete no brainer for him really. Sounds like he would have done all four but for those lovely Poles.

It is his choice to ride where he wants to and he chose not to ride here probably for financial reasons which is fair enough.

• Like 1

Do you work part time for the Daily echo reporting this shocking breaking news to the speedway suporters of Kings lynn speedway.

Why not, nobody else will...

We have just over three points left and Lambert averages just over five so ain't going to happen. Looking at what else is around we may as well go with Josh.

Meh ...ok but seems like some of the ' team-building aves* are too high then if thats the case :/ He was a squad member this year however rather than team member so maybe he can be again?

*Maybe they should be called 'no chance of team-building' aves .... :angry:

Great but the reality is Holder is a better rider and away from home there could be a few blips away from home from KK.

You've claimed this a few times Sidney, but it's just not true. Holder had some horrible blips away from home last year, hence why:

Kasprzak 2016 away average -7.71

Holder 2016 away average -7.54

Still, a great signing for KL and a very decent side. Excluding the play offs at Monmore, Holder was outstanding for the last few months of the season.

Don't forget 'Hans was always going to be in the team' so that's nearly half the points on two riders. Be like Swindon.

so to was Gomolski but that gentlemans agreement was soon forgotten

Why not. Clearly nobody else is going to... :D

Why not, nobody else will...

i tell you what your levels of conversation are outstanding...your such a mass debator.

But trolls like you like to post on other teams threads just to get a reaction

Iversen doesn't HAVE to ride in Denmark. He could have chosen Kings Lynn over his Danish club. Of course it would have upset his Danish fans as Woofinden has to British fans over here, but nothing to stop him riding for Lynn other than his will not to.

He is on a lot more money to ride in his native country...its not rocket science byt hey it gives you a chance to slag Tai off again

It is his choice to ride where he wants to and he chose not to ride here probably for financial reasons which is fair enough.

spot on, glad not all Poole fans have the intellect of a pea.

so to was Gomolski but that gentlemans agreement was soon forgotten.

Which was always dependant on rule changes from how I understand it.

If Puk isn't obliged to ride in Denmark then fair enough. Wouldn't expect him to drop his home league in favour of the UK though.

• Like 1

As you feel Woffy has done the wrong thing in not riding here,you must also feel then that Iversen has done the correct thing in putting his home nation first.

• Like 2

Wrong Steve. It's 2 nations plus your own. Aussies exempt.

It's not an option for Niels to drop Denmark for UK.

Wrong Steve. It's 2 nations plus your own. Aussies exempt.

It's not an option for Niels to drop Denmark for UK.

The Polish speedway authorities are NOT higher than EU employment laws, even if they like to think they are. A speedway authority has no power to demand where someone works. They cannot dictate which leagues riders can and cannot ride in.

• Like 1

The Polish speedway authorities are NOT higher than EU employment laws, even if they like to think they are. A speedway authority has no power to demand where someone works. They cannot dictate which leagues riders can and cannot ride in.

So why aren't the riders rebelling??

CVS already said he expects it to be investigated and quashed.

That said, until then none of the top boys will go against the Polish authorities. You know it and I know.

At least we agree that it's totally illegal what the Poles are doing. Just a shame none of the boys will stand up to them tho.

I stuttered over my words to try to ask why the riders didn't club together and rebel over the polish 3 league rule but i don't think it really came across right. i guess out of the riders there it only had the potential to effect Porsing at some point. If none of the gp/sec riders signed polish contracts I'm pretty sure the rules would have changed within a month. Glad we have holder though! i have a good feeling about him and troy! Shame to lose Neils but Holder is a pretty cool replacement! It would be nice if he enjoys it and in 4-5 seasons time we are talking about another lynn legend! He didn't seem to pleased about the way it worked out with the Poole scenario so who knows!

It's been said that Somerset wanted Kildermand but this rule prevented it. Unfortunately Poland have all the power, not a lot the riders can do in the short term. They can't risk losing that income.

• Like 1