British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

For those of you who didn't set your alarm to listen to our interview with Darcy and Lizzie :-)

We split the chat into two parts. Part one is HERE and we talked about the accident, Darcy's rehabilitation and hopes

for the future.

Part two is HERE and looks at the fund raising meetings in Brisbane and in the UK.

He was very pleased when I mentioned the reaction from Kings Lynn fans on facebook and these pages.

If you could share these links on your social media pages peeps it would go a long way to filling both of these meetings and raising

much needed funds for Darcy's continued progress.

Thanks for your help and see you on the book tour later this year!

Just watched the Mike Bennett and Darcy Ward interview, Great stuff very good and informative well done

• Like 3

Just watched the Mike Bennett and Darcy Ward interview, Great stuff very good and informative well done

Yeah, I too watched the interview and thoroughly enjoyed his lay-back style that comes across. It was obvious him and Darcy go back many years and appeared well at ease,,,,

Question!! Was it the camera position or has Mike put on a bit of weight since moving to Aussie land?? probably having too many bar-bees and beers in the top sun..... :t::t:

• Like 1

Question!! Was it the camera position or has Mike put on a bit of weight since moving to Aussie land?? probably having too many bar-bees and beers in the top sun..... :t::t:

I'd love to say it was the camera angle but. . . .too many BBQs over Christmas to blame :-)

• Like 1

I'd love to say it was the camera angle but. . . .too many BBQs over Christmas to blame :-)

But kangaroo steaks aren't fattening 😁

But kangaroo steaks aren't fattening

But the twenty cans of Fosters with each steak is :D

I've also just watched Mike Bennetts interview with Darcy & Lizzie, and thought what a great interview it was. Mike, you always put people at ease, and it was nice to see the two of them so relaxed and positive in their outlook. Darcy must have had many dark days since the accident, and to have a network of friends and fans around him that wish only good for him, must be a big comfort. I hope the two benefit meetings go well for him and he continues to progress well with his rehab.

• Like 2

Liking the look of the 2 Easter meetings. Brings back memories of The Old Premier League days.

Liking the look of the 2 Easter meetings. Brings back memories of The Old Premier League days.

Reminds me of the old BL days of home and away against Ipswich 😊

Yes looks good,also a full August too which is good in my book.Only at work for 3 meetings which is pretty good too,started my rain dances already :P

Trees surely the Old Farm derbys were both on Good Friday. Not spread over 2 days

Edited by semion

Trees surely the Old Farm derbys were both on Good Friday. Not spread over 2 days

Most certainly were.

Half the fun was seeing how many of the riders overtook you between Lynn and Ipswich. The fastest on the track weren't always the fastest on the road lol.

In my younger, more foolish days, we did a treble header. Lynn in the morning, Ipswich in the afternoon and Peterborough in the evening.

• Like 3