British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Buster got rid of the yellow and green half way through an injury ravaged 1993 season when we sat bottom of the league....most probably a coincidence but the change led to a much better half of the season. I think the first meeting after the change (and a couple of team alterations) was a home win against a Wolves side flying high at the top of the table with Bo Brhel breaking the track record to boot.

Yellow and blue race jackets appeared at the beginning of the next season and have remained ever since except the Silver Machine years, and as somebody has said it fits in with Lynn FC and the yellow and green is very much a Norwich colour scheme.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Yes, whatever happened to that project?

Was it still Kings Lynn in all but name? And it's results embedded in Kings Lynn's history? Or was it classed as a different club, with its own set of stats, and is therefore another "Defunct" club?

Waggy moved it on to Oxford.

The results at Kings Lynn and latterly Oxford are embedded in each teams' history.......as RW says. it was just a marketing tool.

Is he going to wear shell suits on race night?

It's compulsory! :-)

Here is our interview with Jason Crump talking about the Darcy Ward fund raising meeting this coming weekend at North Brisbane Speedway.

Feel free to share :-)

Good luck to Gavin for the presenter gig in the coming season. . . I'm sure I have a spare ski suit I can send back with Mr Holder :-) :-)

• Like 2

Caney n Bennett. Sounds like a dodgy 70s double act ala Cannon n Ball. Rock on Mikey 😂

• Like 1

It's compulsory! :-)

Here is our interview with Jason Crump talking about the Darcy Ward fund raising meeting this coming weekend at North Brisbane Speedway.

Feel free to share :-)

Good luck to Gavin for the presenter gig in the coming season. . . I'm sure I have a spare ski suit I can send back with Mr Holder :-) :-)

Another good interview with a well known name from speedway, Thanks Mike.....

Its amazing, you emigrate to the other side of the world and find so many people there that have a connection with the Kings Lynn Stars. Especially when you have been invited to commentate on the forth coming Darcy meeting. It must feel like home from home.

Ps. Like the new Camera position, it shows you in a much better 'lite' :t:

• Like 1

Super interview Mike, it was nice to hear Jason again and I dreamt I was back on the terraces at Kings Lynn all those years ago when we had "Team Australia"

Thanks again, and perhaps you could update us all on how the meeting on Saturday goes?

Dave.

• Like 1

Josh Bailey............with Ryan Kinsley on stand by

Is this a prediction, or have I missed the announcement?

Trucks r us are your new sponsors

• Like 1

Time will tell if Trucks r us sticks with the club like Roger Warnes Transport

• Like 1

Time will tell if Trucks r us sticks with the club like Roger Warnes Transport

Cracking sponsor if it is them though, even for a year or 2.

Cracking sponsor if it is them though, even for a year or 2.

well it 100% is Trucks R Us

Its good news for speedway for Tru7 to be expanding its sponsorship and taking on a 'B' team.... 😛😜

• Like 2