British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Holder will get the push from Lynn due to poor form. KK gets the push from Poole soon after. Holder signs for Poole and his form picks up.

What's the point of that?! If we wanted him he'd be at Poole now!!

Whoever is signed if changes are made needs to be available for most of the fixtures otherwise it's a waste of time.

Don't think Holder is taking the p!ss as he is pony everywhere at the moment.

Whoever is signed if changes are made needs to be available for most of the fixtures otherwise it's a waste of time.

Don't think Holder is taking the p!ss as he is pony everywhere at the moment.

Holder scored tonight exactly as expected. He repeated his performance as he scored similar in the playoffs for Poole at Monmore last season. He hates the place.

Indeed, my point was more of a general one referring to his season as a whole so far. He gets round Lynn ok but hasn't scored over seven there yet.

Atm holder is averaging below 6 so tht will be enough to strengthen up when needed surely.

Just replace ur no7 with a rider around 6-7pt mark. As it looks like somerset are in the same boat.

Holder scored tonight exactly as expected. He repeated his performance as he scored similar in the playoffs for Poole at Monmore last season. He hates the place.

The issue is he hates every where. With his attitude it's not going to get any better.

I don't think team is as bad as its performing. The problem is they don't ride to their capability. Holder has to be the worse performing rider in the league at the moment, but that not say he a bad rider or that he isn't trying, he needs help to overcome that problem, Lambert is doing OK; Batch is not far off but does have his off nights, Porsing is a worry, should be doing far better than he is, Rose not bad, but should be scoring more, Huckenbeck will get better and was a match winner at Somerset, Bailey is just out of his depth...

There's not many people out there to strengthen what we already have. There is not a lot wrong with the team apart from the fact they're not winning races. The magic ingredient to motivate them is missing and that's the Team Manager.... I'm sure with the right man in charge this team will be ok.......

• Like 1

The issue is he hates every where. With his attitude it's not going to get any better.

I don't claim to know loads about him, but it appears that he always has something to moan about? Track is too wet, too grippy, too slick, too round etc etc... always an excuse.

I don't claim to know loads about him, but it appears that he always has something to moan about? Track is too wet, too grippy, too slick, too round etc etc... always an excuse.

Then has the cheek to call us moaning poms. The wonderful irony is that nobody moans more than Aussie speedway riders.

But why? He is a world class rider who must have ridden hundreds of different tracks in his career all over the world. I'm sure there are those he likes, and those he doesn't, but if he has a negative attitude to racing at the moment, we really don't want him as the No 1 rider in our team. It will drag the whole team down, and we will be in the same situation we were last year. Losing NKI was a huge blow and the sacking/replacing of Rory Schlein was a mistake we may live to regret.

Current averages (bonus points) including yesterday's meeting

Robert Lambert 7.83 (8.00)
Troy Batchelor 7.67 (8.33)
Chris Holder 5.41 (6.12)

Lewis Rose 5.40 (6.40)
Kai Huckenbeck 4.84 (5.47)
Nikolas Porsing 4.76 (5.52)
Josh Bailey 1.60 (1.87)

Total 37.51 (41.71)

It's clear to see the Lambert, Batchelor, Rose & possibly Huckenbeck are safe

Holder, Porsing & Bailey at the moment have the axe over them

Missing NKI big time 100% but gotta get over it 😕 Chris must and will sort his gating out everywhere, it's not just for us. If we don't support him he'll never settle in, just imagine how he must feel about leaving a club that he's been with since his early days here, somewhere he thought he'd spend the rest of his career in the UK, somewhere he made his home, where his child was born and lives, just put yourself in his shoes. OK he's an Aussie, used to travelling but I think he has feelings, he's not a robot. Speedway is no ordinary 9-5 job, you can't fluke it or hide away til you are in a better place or pull a sickie or two. He's gotta tough it out, put things right, he deserves support doesn't he, he's a top rider, he'll sort it!!

• Like 1

Missing NKI big time 100% but gotta get over it Chris must and will sort his gating out everywhere, it's not just for us. If we don't support him he'll never settle in, just imagine how he must feel about leaving a club that he's been with since his early days here, somewhere he thought he'd spend the rest of his career in the UK, somewhere he made his home, where his child was born and lives, just put yourself in his shoes. OK he's an Aussie, used to travelling but I think he has feelings, he's not a robot. Speedway is no ordinary 9-5 job, you can't fluke it or hide away til you are in a better place or pull a sickie or two. He's gotta tough it out, put things right, he deserves support doesn't he, he's a top rider, he'll sort it!!

Iversen is a massive miss I agree but are you seriously suggesting that the club sits on it's hands and allow Holder to achieve an absolute p!$$ poor average?

Holder has to be moved on and unfortunately that includes Bailey too.

Regardless of personal reasons or feelings, if he's not delivering on track it has to be Bye Bye.

Here's my reshuffle

1. Robert Lambert 8.70

2. Michael Palm Toft 6.98

3. Troy Batchelor 7.36

4. Nickolas Porsing 6.99

5. Richie Worrall 8.49

6. Lewis Rose 5.97

7. Kai Huckenbeck 5.14

• Like 2

Palm Toft's average is incorrect, Scranny.

Just how long can the club wait for Holder to turn it around? That 'loyalty" to riders has gone on too long in the past with poor seasons ( not just the odd bad match or patch ). Josh Bailey will bounce back and may feature at reserve again - even this season. If the promoters and the owner don't want to see crowds falling lower and lower they need to act now or at least put a time limit on Holder's "turn it around" time.