British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Palm Toft's average is incorrect, Scranny.

Is it?

We would redeclare to 50 points and his starting average on the BSPA site shows as 6.98

Is it?

We would redeclare to 50 points and his starting average on the BSPA site shows as 6.98

It's 7.55 if you look at column C.

Thank goodness we are only a tiny band of fans on here

It's 7.55 if you look at column C.

Ok, so how does it work then.

Palm Toft has a new average in the Championship so how does he gain a team place in the Premiership?

Because it's a new average should it be converted to go into a higher league?

Should he be able to sign for a Premiership team on his original average?

Does he have to wait until the Premiership has new averages?

Who the hell knows!?!?!?

Thank goodness we are only a tiny band of fans on here

we might all disagree on certain things but the one thing I think we do all want is good close racing a team that puts in good performance and if we win at the end of the night that a bonus . For me it's not all about winning it's being entertained. And clearly the 2017 team hasn't done much of the above - we all miss NKI and Holder has a big pair of shoes to fill and so far he's not even come close now do we stick with him and hope ? Or do we make changes now ? I guess that's down to Buster . All I can see unless things improve and fast crowds will drop dramatically.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not many people were sad to see Rory or Kenny go, everyone was excited about Holder and the prospect of Josh Bailey getting a ride.

A few weeks in and it's all changed.

Let's support the riders for at least the first 2 months of the season maybe? FFS.

• Like 3

Ok, so how does it work then.

Palm Toft has a new average in the Championship so how does he gain a team place in the Premiership?

Because it's a new average should it be converted to go into a higher league?

Should he be able to sign for a Premiership team on his original average?

Does he have to wait until the Premiership has new averages?

Who the hell knows!?!?!?

No one really knows!

However as he rode 2nd tier last season I'd assume it's his current average they use.

It would be crazy to use a starting average when u have already achieved a new established average in the championship.

As it's the BSPA anything is possible.

Let's support the riders for at least the first 2 months of the season maybe? FFS.

Whilst true and I agree, the club can't just sit on it's hands and allow the new averages to kick in.

We'd be well and truly stuffed then.

Also to take into consideration, come the end of May we'd of completed 9 fixtures.

That would mean only 19 fixtures remain & we're already 5 points off a top 4 spot.

Time runs out very quickly in this sport

• Like 2

and the sacking/replacing of Rory Schlein was a mistake we may live to regret.

He certainly made you regret it last night :D:D:D

No one really knows!

Sadly that does appear to be the case!

• Like 1

One thing is clear whatever Buster does will be wrong. If he sacks Holder and his form returns and the new averages show a much reduced figure (as it will do) Chris will be snapped up in seconds by other teams. And we will still have to replace him with a top rider and they don't grow on trees

I should have posted this here and not in another thread.

Holder has upset a lot of fans because he was all smiles when he signed for King's Lynn - at a price / package he agreed with and then later belittles that which is on offer. Or was it just for a visa? To then have a loss of form from the off, makes some people believe that it is lack of interest or effort and IF that is the case it IS very disappointing. Human nature to see it that way for some of us. We are told he has off track problems but that is the same for anyone - to keep their job they need to perform as expected and not far below what they were signed for.

• Like 2

Can't see holder going anywhere, just look who are team sponsors are and why are they sponsoring Kingslynn ? Because we signed Chris Holder if we sack Holder then we may be looking for a new team sponsor as well

I should have posted this here and not in another thread.

Holder has upset a lot of fans because he was all smiles when he signed for King's Lynn - at a price / package he agreed with and then later belittles that which is on offer. Or was it just for a visa? To then have a loss of form from the off, makes some people believe that it is lack of interest or effort and IF that is the case it IS very disappointing. Human nature to see it that way for some of us. We are told he has off track problems but that is the same for anyone - to keep their job they need to perform as expected and not far below what they were signed for.

Holder has been as poor in Poland as he has in the uk and he did not look good in the GP think he needs to take his engines back to Peter Johns or get a new tuner ! Or maybe try a GTR !

Perhaps Nicklas should sell his GTRs to Holder He was saying how good they were a few weeks ago has he changed his mind after Somerset and wolves or is his loss if form something else