Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

As far as I'm aware, it's for withholding his services by refusing to ride. As for Batchelor, he was injured (apparently)

Rode for Swindon the next day OK though :D

His injury had been treated enough on the fri morning to allow him to ride.

But Batch had an injury, so the medic would have had to had signed him out in order for the club to use irr.

I kid you not. Batch walked away as well, but like you say he was dismissed as a supposed injury. If anything Batch actions were even worse than Holder as he showed he could ride the track. His win in heat one was the quickest time of over 9 years.... Holder was just being bloody minded, probably to assist the Pirates to get a result...., Who knows......

whatever heat it was, he got what he deserved imo even if it was for just 'threatening not to ride') and you can bet he was urging the rest of the team to do the same....hopefully we'll sign someone more reliable for the last couple months of the season..... hopefully Polish .... and i don't mean a swap for Ksprzak) :wink:

So is the ban for 28 days in this league or this country?

So there was some serious condemnatory official reaction to Holder's actions. Even if it weakens the Stars it is better to see that holding the fans in contempt will not be accepted. Will he learn? Will he get paid his guarantee package during his ban? Will other riders take note of what is unreasonable behaviour. We can only hope so.

• Like 1

I do agree with this, as I always say, it's their bodies, their bikes, their lives .... nobody can argue against that .....

Other ways of earning a living are available......

• Like 1

Bet Holder signs for Poole after 28 days,bet you.!!!!

over the cut off date :party:

• Like 2

lol - it would be a surprise if he didnt.... its probably been planned for months ....

He can't, it'll be past the transfer deadline.

If Poole want Bratchelor then that's where he'll be.

more likely Swindon?

...and a big yes to Lebedevs :t:

I do agree with this, as I always say, it's their bodies, their bikes, their lives .... nobody can argue against that .....

What a surprise your defending them for me Lambert Holder Batchelor all deserve a 28 day ban and big fine as for Huckenbeck I feel he was swayed by his mate back to the defence Poole riders got there head down and got on with the job and fully deserved there win so tell me how can you defend the Lynn riders who refused to come out
  • Like 1

Can't change team (except injury) after 31st July. Holder is a Lynn rider until end of his 28 day ban - so until mid August. He may well be sacked by Lynn on that day to.