British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

While Holder has got his ban,does anyone think Doyle should get one for witholding his services.It just seems he can ride in Sweden and Poland but not in England for Swindon.

• Like 1

While Holder has got his ban,does anyone think Doyle should get one for witholding his services.It just seems he can ride in Sweden and Poland but not in England for Swindon.

But like Batchelor he was covered by medical certificates. In both cases it's the rules that are wrong IMO. If a rider is declared unfit during a meeting , like Batchelor, there should be a minimum time out period.e.g. Three days. After all riders bang on about safety, so if a wrist is not deemed strong enough to race on Wednesday surely the same wrist would be unsafe 24 hours later. Therefore riders should support it ...yeah right safety is only an issue sometimes

Not sure what can be done about riders riding overseas

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 6

So Kings Lynn sign Holder on 8.95 (real money) - and must be highly unlikely he will return- and he leaves on a less than 7 average.

No guessing who already has him pencilled in for 2018.

If Kings Lynn are stupid enough to take him back, its almost certain that average will fall further.

• Like 1

So lambert and hukenburk get away Scott free, they also refused too come out in one race

• Like 1

Can't change team (except injury) after 31st July. Holder is a Lynn rider until end of his 28 day ban - so until mid August. He may well be sacked by Lynn on that day to.

Couldn't they sign a rider now, ready to come in after 28 days?

• Like 1

Can't change team (except injury) after 31st July. Holder is a Lynn rider until end of his 28 day ban - so until mid August. He may well be sacked by Lynn on that day to.

Well that's a loophole big enough to drive a double decker bus through. I wonder which Poole rider will come down with a season ending injury this year.

Something I would love to know is where Rob Lyon has been during all of this. He is officially a promoter alongside Buster.

So was he even at this meeting or is he just a promoter to appease the BSPA rules?

• Like 1

Good to see Holder punished.

Shame that weasel Batchelor has got away with it due to faking an injury.

• Like 6

Couldn't they sign a rider now, ready to come in after 28 days?

I suppose they could sign a rider now.And if he turns out a good replacement they could get rid of Holder.I did say a few months back i think we should get rid of Holder before the averages dropped.We could have got a very good rider then,but now choices are limited with such a low average to work with.

But like Batchelor he was covered by medical certificates. In both cases it's the rules that are wrong IMO. If a rider is declared unfit during a meeting , like Batchelor, there should be a minimum time out period.e.g. Three days. After all riders bang on about safety, so if a wrist is not deemed strong enough to race on Wednesday surely the same wrist would be unsafe 24 hours later. Therefore riders should support it ...yeah right safety is only an issue sometimes

Not sure what can be done about riders riding overseas

I suppose in Doyle's case he could have a medical certificate in each country but only decided to have one in England.Hows that make Swindon feel knowing that they come the lowest on his list of priorities.But as there are some on here calling for a ban for Batchelor then the same must apply for Doyle.

• Like 1

What a surprise your defending them for me Lambert Holder Batchelor all deserve a 28 day ban and big fine as for Huckenbeck I feel he was swayed by his mate back to the defence Poole riders got there head down and got on with the job and fully deserved there win so tell me how can you defend the Lynn riders who refused to come out

I'll defend any rider who thinks a track is dangerous, I want to see good racing with riders having confidence to race 100% ....

Apart from Nicki Pedersen of course ....

So Kings Lynn sign Holder on 8.95 (real money) - and must be highly unlikely he will return- and he leaves on a less than 7 average.

If Kings Lynn are stupid enough to take him back, its almost certain that average will fall further.

He's dropped his average everywhere hasn't he? Edited by Trees

Well that's a loophole big enough to drive a double decker bus through. I wonder which Poole rider will come down with a season ending injury this year.

For that to happen Kings Lynn would have to release Chris Holder, without being able to replace him.......

on current averages, will Chris be eligible for the Championship next season?

And some said we shouldnt have let him go!

Something I would love to know is where Rob Lyon has been during all of this. He is officially a promoter alongside Buster.

So was he even at this meeting or is he just a promoter to appease the BSPA rules?

Rob was there at the start there after no one knows maybe he done a runner

I do agree with this, as I always say, it's their bodies, their bikes, their lives .... nobody can argue against that .....

Nobody forces them to ride speedway.

• Like 1