British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

So your saying let's not upset the riders just in case of the future but it doesn't matter what the riders done to the club against Poole cos the way I look at it Holder Batchelor Lambert and Huckenbeck all want sacking Holder refused to ride Lambert and Huckenbeck done the same all be it they got excluded for 2mins and Batchelor withdrew with a wrist problem but 24hours later guested for Bellvue so I say sod the riders

Do you even go?

Well, it looks as though it's happening again,

R.Lambert missed last nights fixture but is included in tonight's Masarna line-up :rolleyes:

Well, there's a massive surprise! :shock:;)

Troy's first bad meeting of the season and you all want to get rid of him!!!!!!!

Before everyone jumps to their own conspiracy theories why don't you ask him about his injury he picked up at kings Lynn at the next home meeting.

Like most sports speedway is a results sport. So if Batch goes or if he stays makes no difference. If the team start winning people will go to watch hem. If they are losing crowds will drop off.

If your fed up with it I would suggest throwing your programs and speedways stars away.. the ones you had a lot of years 👍 ☝️ ✌️🖐 a lot of years 😉

Well, it looks as though it's happening again,

R.Lambert missed last nights fixture but is included in tonight's Masarna line-up :rolleyes:

Wow,this hasn't happened before with many riders.I guess this is another rider the fans want to get rid of now.

As a fan, I want riders to be proud to don the colours of my club. I want them to have some sense of belonging and I want them to look out for their team mates, even team ride occasionally.

On the other hand I can see it from the riders side. Teams making mathematically driven whole sale changes mid season don't help and track preparation is a whole other story.

The whole concept of league racing is a much more volatile environment compared to previous times and maybe I'm living in the past expecting riders to turn up and give their all.

Well, there's a massive surprise! :shock:;)

That's exactly what his mum said he was doing, a day of rest then try on Tues Weds Do you deny he was in a pile up at the Under 21s?

As a fan, I want riders to be proud to don the colours of my club. I want them to have some sense of belonging and I want them to look out for their team mates, even team ride occasionally.

On the other hand I can see it from the riders side. Teams making mathematically driven whole sale changes mid season don't help and track preparation is a whole other story.

The whole concept of league racing is a much more volatile environment compared to previous times and maybe I'm living in the past expecting riders to turn up and give their all.

For riders to be proud and give their all an environment of togetherness, support and happiness has to reign, the more of that they get I guess the more everything and everyone works well. Same with any club, any business, any family, any group.
  • Like 1

I can understand Lambert missing yesterday. He took a massive off and immediately held his wrist and it was pretty obvious he was in pain. Adrenalin got him thro his third ride but then the long delays meant his last two rides was very much under par. That hit him personally remember not any club,5 or 6 points is a lot to make up in a World Championship. I guess he then had to make the decision to ride Monday or not. Of course he could have waited until Monday lunchtime and then told the club but he didn't and gave them time to sort some sort of replacement. He has to ride again sometime and he is riding for one of his own clubs, not guesting.

I'm prepared to cut him some slack on this occasion. If however he becomes a serial offender I might change my mind.

• Like 5

So your saying let's not upset the riders just in case of the future but it doesn't matter what the riders done to the club against Poole cos the way I look at it Holder Batchelor Lambert and Huckenbeck all want sacking Holder refused to ride Lambert and Huckenbeck done the same all be it they got excluded for 2mins and Batchelor withdrew with a wrist problem but 24hours later guested for Bellvue so I say sod the riders

No I'm not saying that at all.

What I'm saying is if we want to make changes, then do it. Just don't do it in a vindictive way to try and stop them from riding elsewhere.

As for Batchelor, can't see why anyone is surprised. Been that way since he's been over in the U.K. He's just a mood rider and always likely to be.

In understand that Robert stayed in Poland to get a medical assessment on his wrist as he thought it was broken. I see no issue with that. He's had the all clear so heads to Sweden tonight.

I would have an issue if he then didn't turn up on Wednesday but sure that he will. As far as I can recall he has never messed us about and always been committed to the Stars (heat 9 last week the exception).

After batchelor's mediocre performance at Leicester I can't see how he cannot be sacked - in any other business he would as he's simply not doing his job

Palm-Toft would be a more than adequate replacement and presumably cheaper than a Pole. However, Holder needs the boot too so an established Pole or Dane( or from anywhere tbh ) is needed if only to show supporters the promotion are not as apathetic as they seem.

So c'mon Buster get your moth-eaten wallet out !

Edited by Star Fever

Do you even go?

Well what's that go to do with you whether I go or not

Do you even go?

Whats my attendance or non attendance as you quote got to do with the issue in hand you want to concentrate on sucking up to Buster as you do and don't worry about me

Well what's that go to do with you whether I go or not Whats my attendance or non attendance as you quote got to do with the issue in hand you want to concentrate on sucking up to Buster as you do and don't worry about me

I'm not sucking up to Buster, he's not always right, none of us are, even you!

After batchelor's mediocre performance at Leicester I can't see how he cannot be sacked - in any other business he would as he's simply not doing his job

Palm-Toft would be a more than adequate replacement and presumably cheaper than a Pole. However, Holder needs the boot too so an established Pole or Dane( or from anywhere tbh ) is needed if only to show supporters the promotion are not as apathetic as they seem.

So c'mon Buster get your moth-eaten wallet out !

If riders were sacked every time they didn't perform as expected, they'd be sacked monthly lol Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

I'm not sucking up to Buster, he's not always right, none of us are, even you!

If riders were sacked every time they didn't perform as expected, they'd be sacked monthly lol

If If I refused to do my job 100% I'd be sacked it's not about performing as expected it's about doing a job disregard how many points they score it's about being on the track and 3of them refused one being Holder who was gonna explain to us his reasons for a no show after the weekend and hasn't done so why shouldn't me and a lot of us on here be a little irate
  • Like 3

I've always rated Michael Palm-Toft as a rider, and after his performance at Leicester last night, we would be silly not to consider him if he is let go by Somerset, as some suggest?

• Like 1

If riders were sacked every time they didn't perform as expected, they'd be sacked monthly lol

That's a fair comment, but there 2 sides to that. Would you expect the fans to come if riders continued to perform badly.

Batchelor, when riding for Swindon, the previous week, he scored 10 from his 4 rides against a much stronger Leicester side that fielded both Nilsson and Przedpelski. Last night in his 5 rides, he only beat someone in only one of those rides. Clearly no where near as efficient as he was previously. It wasn't as much the points, but the lack of determination, Had he rode last week with the same determination then Swindon would have lost also. How many more performances like that would you suggest is OK ???

Batchelor is really pi**ing the fans off, and while Buster does nothing, will only do the same... If Buster wants to keep him then I suggest his contract is changed to a point basis only...

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1