British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Any one know if Chris was in the pits at Leicester last night

• Like 1

No but Davey Watt was last week at Poole No but Davey Watt was last week at Poole

He lives in Poole

Any truth to the rumour that Holder has been sacked ??????

No idea but if that is the case a few clubs might want to sign him before July 31st.

No idea but if that is the case a few clubs might want to sign him before July 31st.

Can a suspended rider be signed by another club while suspended? If not that will be his season over if he is released before Friday's deadline.

EDIT Neil Watson previously posted that Friday is the last date - not Monday

Edited by Steve0

Can a suspended rider be signed by another club while suspended? If not that will be his season over if he is released before Friday's deadline.

Not sure, but the question would be who has suspended him KL or the BSPA. If it is KL and he has been sacked then he would be free to go elsewhere, if it is the BSPA then I doubt he could be signed.

• Like 1

Yes they can, as long as they serve their suspension.

Why Lambert didn't go out was because he had asked for the ref to come down to the pits and inspect the track as it was dangerous, ref decided otherwise put the 2 mins on and when both Kings Lynn riders did not go out he then decided to head down looked at the track and buster had to do track work before meeting was allowed to go ahead. I totally agree with you Lambert has always been committed to the stars I would say also for the past 3 seasons

I was told the next day by a Kings Lynn rider that in his opinion there was nothing wrong with the track.

I was told the next day by a Kings Lynn rider that in his opinion there was nothing wrong with the track.

I for one believe that. It may have been very grippy but that should enable committed riders to not only ride well but race well too. So what was it all about? The V Poole element of the match where Holder's loyalties ( if he has any ) were torn OR was it an anti Buster confrontation by the KL heat leaders? That is more likely why everyone at the club wants to sweep it under the carpet and put it behind them. Hmmm.

Should tonight's meeting go ahead as rain is forecast for today- think it may be more interesting off track than on - big question is how many will turn up after Meltdown Thursday?

will separate the true core support from the fair weather fans.

There is big event on in sandringham today. So if you come from out that way then leave plenty of time!

Not sure, but the question would be who has suspended him KL or the BSPA.

Neither have, it's the speedway control board who have suspended him

• Like 1

Re the track and Holder saga. I have heard, in directly I must admit, that track had had many tonnes of new shale put on it a few days before. The riders complain was they couldn't turn their bikes because the new shale was sliding over the old shale. Understand it felt as if track was moving under the bikes, rather than bikes sliding through the shale. It's a bit like the problem they had at Twinkenham/Cardiff in the 6 nations rugby, when scrummaging. In that case the pitch was sliding over its base surface.

I haven't seen any comments from Holder as yet, perhaps when he does comment he may confirm this or not.

Re the track and Holder saga. I have heard, in directly I must admit, that track had had many tonnes of new shale put on it a few days before. The riders complain was they couldn't turn their bikes because the new shale was sliding over the old shale. Understand it felt as if track was moving under the bikes, rather than bikes sliding through the shale. It's a bit like the problem they had at Twinkenham/Cardiff in the 6 nations rugby, when scrummaging. In that case the pitch was sliding over its base surface.

I haven't seen any comments from Holder as yet, perhaps when he does comment he may confirm this or not.

I heard something similar from a steward after talking with a track grader, in that. the new shale laid over the old didn't bond. When the bikes slid over it separated instead of bonding. Hopefully a one off problem that won't raise it head again.....

Anybody watching could see there were problems with the track, even the Ref had he been interested. But that doesn't condone those who walked out...