British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

As like so many other occassions the fans are left waiting, wondering what the future holds. With the introduction of this new ruling of a deadline for signing riders by 29th July, I would have thought it would warrant some information about the Holder situation. We hear plenty of talk of him not riding again, he has obviously upset lots of people by his actions, but if he refuses to ride for the Stars, are we still allow to get a replacement after that date ???..

If we had any ideas of the Play-Offs, our forward thinking Promoter would have covered Chris's absence with a short term replacement. The fact that they didn't, does this mean he will be back? Has the club lined up a replacement ? Again more questions and no answers... and you wonder why the fans turn away...

• Like 2

think you've buried meltdown Thursday by that comment - I will be absolutely amazed if Holder rides for the club again and if by a very slim chance he does will he give a toss about the Stars ? The relationship between rider and promotion is shot to bits relationship between rider and fans is shot to bits also the only reason Holder will return is £s no other reason .We will see what happens after the weekend when hopefully the club will announce a new rider or two and hopefully Holder is dumped . Sedgeman MPT are two that are available .

I've just not taken the opinion of you and a few others and yeah of course we need to put that night behind us, we were 3rd/4th in the league and had just won away at Poole with reportedly THE best team spirit ever, having spoken to someone in the know, so I really do think some fans have blown everything out of proportion, these fans who are generally VERY negative towards the club full stop.

I've just not taken the opinion of you and a few others and yeah of course we need to put that night behind us, we were 3rd/4th in the league and had just won away at Poole with reportedly THE best team spirit ever, having spoken to someone in the know, so I really do think some fans have blown everything out of proportion, these fans who are generally VERY negative towards the club full stop.

I give up I've heard it all now .

Maybe nothing to report at the moment? No news probably means no news?

Could make some up?

And you honestly believe that.!!!! If there is no news to report then we have no replacements lined up, We have no new riders before the deadline, we have no development taking place, in fact we have done nothing to report,,,,,

You go and make some up... You obviously thinks its funny.......

Where can that be found please?

Exactly! Speaks volumes, doesn't it!

Exactly! Speaks volumes, doesn't it!

Whatever he had said some people have made up their minds so he'd have been wasting his breath on them...

Ok,Holders made a mistake.Like Trees said time to move on get him back to where we know he should be and make the play-offs.Before anyone wants to slate me again,some of the older generation on here who is slating Holder need cast their minds back.How many chances did Lee get,and i bet he wouldn't have got half the flak Holder has got.Lee was a law unto himself but people but up with it because he was so good.Shouldn't make any difference though.How many wanted Lee out of the team back then? and he probably pissed Lynn about 10 times worse than Holder.

Ok,Holders made a mistake.Like Trees said time to move on get him back to where we know he should be and make the play-offs.Before anyone wants to slate me again,some of the older generation on here who is slating Holder need cast their minds back.How many chances did Lee get,and i bet he wouldn't have got half the flak Holder has got.Lee was a law unto himself but people but up with it because he was so good.Shouldn't make any difference though.How many wanted Lee out of the team back then? and he probably pissed Lynn about 10 times worse than Holder.

Oh he did indeed, food poisoning my arse lol

Such a good call Tellboy!

Edited by Trees

Is there a statement from Holder? Many are waiting to read it, so if we can be told where to find it, please do post it. A serious request.

Just on a tangent i find it an absolute joke that Rye House now have KK at reserve due to his 5.51 average. How long had this been planned one begs the question? I now feel Rye House have a good chance of making the top four. In speedway it seems all about timing and manipulation (averages) at the appropriate time of the season.

Michael Lee was more much more deeply embedded to KLS ( as Holder is to Poole ). Lee was more naturally gifted on bike and achieved better results than Holder has so far. Yes, Lee's personality was more of a problem ( than what we know of Holder ) but as a "local" we did forgive him more. Of course we always hope to learn from lessons of the past and not repeat them.