British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I'm not sure that the number of laps done by the tractor necessarily bears any relationship to the quality of the preparation. I would expect a competent track curator to check and to know whether new shale has bound properly with the existing shale and if not, to know what to do to resolve the problem. The remedial work after the complaints from the riders at the very least greatly improved the track, so it seems plain that the solution was simple and relatively quick to carry out. I wonder what Chapman would have said if the track has been prepared by someone else. I suspect we may have been subjected to one of his usual outbursts.

It didn't to one rider of course.

Edited by tellboy

What's Batchelor done wrong?

lots

I'm sorry if I come under your childish category , but that was my thinking of your comments, for ' Buster bashing'.

I didn't think the track was too bad , until it started to rain. But I don't race the bikes, only look at the races... But my philosophy is, if one rider can race it so should the rest. There is a lot of talk about Lambert and Huckenbeck not going out to race, but this was only because the ref refused to go down to the pits to sort out the problem. I thought the ref was wrong to exclude them both before he went to investigate the issues. Once he went down to meet the riders, surely he should have re-instated them seeing that the ref was the reason for not going to the gate in the first instance.

Bearing mind the other issues surrounding Lynn officials I believe Lambert was in a no-win situation. At least he resumed the racing with the others once the remedy work had been done.

PS. I'm no team hater, But I dislike Holder and Batch with a vengeance for the way they have behaved this year. Probably the worst signings the Stars have ever made...

I think through no fault of their own Lambert and Huckenbeck got caught up in this due to the confusion with the remedial work, Middlo certainly confirmed with the referee immediately that the exclusions would stand after the remedial work.

It could be argued that Holder had a point due to the fact that the track needed remedial work but not in my view and as I have said before he still refused to race after having a good battle with his brother and the remedial had been done.

lots

To be honest Batchelor has a bit of a history with these things but he was having a pretty decent season.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

What's Batchelor done wrong?

Tell us more... know about not wanting to do the b/w ride at Leicester but want to know why not....

Whether people like Batchelor or not ,he hasn't done anything wrong. He was signed out of the Poole meeting with an injury. He has been treated very harshly by Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

I think through no fault of their own Lambert and Huckenbeck got caught up in this due to the confusion with the remedial work, Middlo certainly confirmed with the referee immediately that the exclusions would stand after the remedial work.

It could be argued that Holder had a point due to the fact that the track needed remedial work but not in my view and as I have said before he still refused to race after having a good battle with his brother and the remedial had been done.

To be honest Batchelor has a bit of a history with these things but he was having a pretty decent season.

This is the latest explanation to the reason for Batchelor's sacking.

He was sacked on disciplinary grounds for verbal and threatening behaviour towards the medical team.

It's in the referee's report that the medical team advised that Batchelor was fit to continue, packed his gear away anyway as he didn't want to ride, leaving the track without permission to do so.

Batchelor had already left the track when the referee advised the medical team to issue a medical exemption certificate so the team could operate IRR.

At this point we had no team manager and the referee insisted that the scoreboard operator becomes installed as Team Manager for the rest of the meeting.

Batchelor's situation is still with the SCB on this matter for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Whether true or not 306.gif

• Like 1

Whether people like Batchelor or not ,he hasn't done anything wrong. He was signed out of the Poole meeting with an injury. He has been treated very harshly by Kings Lynn.

Batchelor, supposingly injured, rode for Swindon at Bellevue the night following the Lynn/Poole match and scored double figures. Days later he guested again for Swindon against Leicester ( the tele meeting) and again top scored. When he next rode for Lynn (against Leicester) he insulted the Lynn fans by the way he casually rode round at the back each race scoring just 4pts, and beating only one opponent in one of his races.

Now you say he hasn't done anything wrong ??? I say he insulted the Lynn Club by his perpetual behaviour.

• Like 2

He was sacked on disciplinary grounds for verbal and threatening behaviour towards the medical team.

It's in the referee's report that the medical team advised that Batchelor was fit to continue, packed his gear away anyway as he didn't want to ride, leaving the track without permission to do so.

Batchelor had already left the track when the referee advised the medical team to issue a medical exemption certificate so the team could operate IRR.

At this point we had no team manager and the referee insisted that the scoreboard operator becomes installed as Team Manager for the rest of the meeting.

Batchelor's situation is still with the SCB on this matter for bringing the sport into disrepute.

i

If the part about threatening the medical team is correct he should be banned for life.

• Like 3

If not for life then certainly for the reminder of his life as a top class racer. 3 weeks should cover it

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

This is totally untrue. He never threatened medical staff. He was withdrawn from the meeting as a precaution. Also he was still at the track when heat 13 took place. I suggest people get their facts right before they start spouting total rubbish

If that turns out to be correct.He's worse than Folder.

No it isn't true it is a complete load of rubbish

Have you a source

Posted earlier on the Years Gone By thread.But seeing how the Aussie thing is still going.Feast your eyes on this.

I just found an old autograph book and Bettsy was in there,so i had a look at his riding history.

I had forgot how good he was :oops:

1966.......9.41 1st in KL averages

1967.......9.74 1st

1968 ......9.45 1st

1969.......9.35 1st

1970.......9.22 1st

1971...... 9.62 1st

1972......10.51 1st

1973.......9.95 2nd

1974.......10.32 1st

1975..... .8.87 1st

1976......9.71 2nd

1977......9.78 2nd

1978.....8.10 2nd

Mr King's Lynn :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 4

Thought KL put up a good battling performance at Swindon tonight and were very unlucky not to come away with a point. More importantly, they looked like a team and not a selection of individuals.

• Like 6