British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

[quote name="Bald Bloke" post="3016467"

Have you a source

Posted earlier on the Years Gone By thread.But seeing how the Aussie thing is still going.Feast your eyes on this.

Yes I know for a fact it isn't true

I just found an old autograph book and Bettsy was in there,so i had a look at his riding history.

I had forgot how good he was :oops:

1966.......9.41 1st in KL averages

1967.......9.74 1st

1968 ......9.45 1st

1969.......9.35 1st

1970.......9.22 1st

1971...... 9.62 1st

1972......10.51 1st

1973.......9.95 2nd

1974.......10.32 1st

1975..... .8.87 1st

1976......9.71 2nd

1977......9.78 2nd

1978.....8.10 2nd

Mr King's Lynn :t:

Edited by Stars85

This is the latest explanation to the reason for Batchelor's sacking.

He was sacked on disciplinary grounds for verbal and threatening behaviour towards the medical team.

It's in the referee's report that the medical team advised that Batchelor was fit to continue, packed his gear away anyway as he didn't want to ride, leaving the track without permission to do so.

Batchelor had already left the track when the referee advised the medical team to issue a medical exemption certificate so the team could operate IRR.

At this point we had no team manager and the referee insisted that the scoreboard operator becomes installed as Team Manager for the rest of the meeting.

Batchelor's situation is still with the SCB on this matter for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Whether true or not 306.gif

I love Drunk History too. You crack me up. Well done.

Batchelor, supposingly injured, rode for Swindon at Bellevue the night following the Lynn/Poole match and scored double figures. Days later he guested again for Swindon against Leicester ( the tele meeting) and again top scored. When he next rode for Lynn (against Leicester) he insulted the Lynn fans by the way he casually rode round at the back each race scoring just 4pts, and beating only one opponent in one of his races.

Now you say he hasn't done anything wrong ??? I say he insulted the Lynn Club by his perpetual behaviour.

So he came back from injury and rode for another team and performed better at a track than when representing your team. If we are sacking riders for that then we've had it.

If he was casually riding round at the back how did he beat someone and why haven't they been sacked, casually or otherwise.

Not happy to say the least. We were going to Belle Vue on 6th Sept to see the Stars and BV have changed fixture to the 1st :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Not happy to say the least. We were going to Belle Vue on 6th Sept to see the Stars and BV have changed fixture to the 1st :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Friday 1st & Weds 6th have both been on the calendar for some time.

Should imagine Weds 6th will now be at home to Rye House

Great to here last night that Buster is already planning for next year .

Buster came across as a horrid character, prickly and spiteful.

• Like 1

Buster just providing a balanced view on Rosco's 'version' of events...

• Like 1

Buster just providing a balanced view on Rosco's 'version' of events...

Yes, he was right to and no problem with that - and even for me as a Swindon fan Rosco is totally annoying - but Buster came across as utterly charmless, off-hand and ignorant. A terrible attitude for the chairman of the BSPA. He should have been pleasant and enthusiastic. Jim Lynch and Muddlo have come in for a lot of criticism but they always have a smile for the camera and a positive attitude. Up your game or stick to your tractor, Buster!

Yes, he was right to and no problem with that - and even for me as a Swindon fan Rosco is totally annoying - but Buster came across as utterly charmless, off-hand and ignorant. A terrible attitude for the chairman of the BSPA. He should have been pleasant and enthusiastic. Jim Lynch and Muddlo have come in for a lot of criticism but they always have a smile for the camera and a positive attitude. Up your game or stick to your tractor, Buster!

mainly because they are all dinosaurs which is also why social media isn't used correctly as they dot understand it!

The quicker the likes of Olly Allen, Simon Stead and Hawkins are in the 'Premiership' as team managers the better - friendly current / knowledgeable and they all have a laugh with eachother. Would create a much better watch for the viewer.

I'm amazed Olly Allen hasn't been asked to step up and be Team maanger, even if only while Dale is off ill. Having a different one each meeting is not the way to go. and Buster showed Last night TM is not something Buster does well.....

I thought Olly would be a fantastic choice....

• Like 1

Friday 1st & Weds 6th have both been on the calendar for some time.

Should imagine Weds 6th will now be at home to Rye House

Still disappointing when you book your hols to go and see Lynn at BV to find it has been changed :sad:

Still disappointing when you book your hols to go and see Lynn at BV to find it has been changed :sad:

I remembered this happening a few years back and was so annoyed at the change in fixture dates. It was at a time when booking holidays was extremely difficult . I was left with a decision to take them or lose them so we had little choice. We took our break in the Lake District and had enjoyed a wonderful time. It showed me then, that Speedway needed the fans, far more than the fans needed the speedway.

What a pity the BSPA don't realise this.....

• Like 1

i

If the part about threatening the medical team is correct he should be banned for life.

If this can be substantiated ( that Batchelor did threaten the medical team ) he should be brought back before the SCB and banned for whatever is an appropriate time. Possibly for life because if the SCB don't clamp down on things like that there is no point in having any structure within the sport. However did the referee instruct the medical team to issue a certificate of some kind?

If this can be substantiated ( that Batchelor did threaten the medical team ) he should be brought back before the SCB and banned for whatever is an appropriate time. Possibly for life because if the SCB don't clamp down on things like that there is no point in having any structure within the sport. However did the referee instruct the medical team to issue a certificate of some kind?

This is all false news apparently..