British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

The last meeting against Rye House on the other hand may just be a meeting where all the riders can go out and race, earn their money, enjoy it, no pressure from anyone but themselves, bit like an end of season meeting should be eh ... well apart from Stars Pride which has been a little displaced eh ... go Stars!!!

• Like 1

The last meeting against Rye House on the other hand may just be a meeting where all the riders can go out and race, earn their money, enjoy it, no pressure from anyone but themselves, bit like an end of season meeting should be eh ... well apart from Stars Pride which has been a little displaced eh ... go Stars!!!

:lol::rolleyes:

Everything's rosy in Trees garden still, Stars Pride ffs has been totally sucked out from the club

• Like 2

have to admire your loyalty and enthusiasm to the club I'm sorry to say loyalty has worn very thin with me this season - very unsure if I will attend this meeting as it's totally meaningless meeting as neither team has any thing to race for .

I've been a rather vocal critic of Buster in the past and probably will be in the future. However I did support his stand on Holder and Batchelor and most of the rest of this seasons farce followed on from that. The double header......well we all saw what happened at Wolves last night, down to 4 riders and that certainly wasn't Buster's fault.

He is who he is, and I doubt he will change at his age. So folk have two choices, stick with him and support him next season or give up all together.

I gave up some time ago but if the sport does go down the one big league/regional all same level league and we have less of the prima donnas I could well be tempted back IF and I appreciate it is a big if, fans are treated with more respect and the entertainment level increases. Get rid of a few of the more stupid rules would help too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is speedway has been a massive part of my life (as it has most of the rest on here) and I would hate to see it go. I'm not sure someone else taking over the complete promotion would necessarily be a good thing, the Waggy era didn't end well :wink: .Very mixed feelings at the moment ;) Much as I disagree with Trees on some things I can see her point of view.

Well I will be there on the 13th to cheer the team on, plus he says there could be a statement regarding 2018

KL need to drop down a league next year. Be better for them. Build a team around R. Lambert, L. Kerr & L. Rose.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

I'll wait to see the statement in the press.

£17 to just hear a statement about 2018 is bullox

• Like 1

I'll wait to see the statement in the press.

£17 to just hear a statement about 2018 is bullox

Wont even be a statement just Buster lying to his paying customers again.

Can't see us dropping down a league. Change of race night and a new signing for next season?

or a new promotion?

Waggy's days may have ended with big disappointment but the first 2 years he was there it was the most professionally run as I can recall at Lynn. The guy certainly ramped it up a level in terms of entertainment. Trouble was the likes of Crump were to expensive for what was coming through the gate and he had great difficulty in getting any form of Team Sponsorship because of the run down state of the stadium, at that time.

Now I am not suggesting for one moment that if someone was to take it on that they would pay out well over the odd's for riders, but I am sure the 'show' could be much more appealing and more professionally run. I am not convinced Buster understands that concept or has it in his locker to allow someone else to make those changes with him still in situ. It would cost money, there lies the rub.

Be interesting to hear JC's thoughts on that, and if he sees it the same way. It is simply not enough these days to put a few inches of BS in the local EDP throw open the gates, take people's money and offer poor VFM in return.

• Like 1

Think it will be a team signing for 2018. Always a way to cheer up fans and get them excited. Wonder who it could be?

Thomas J as a full asset would not surprise me!

Think it will be a team signing for 2018. Always a way to cheer up fans and get them excited. Wonder who it could be?

Thomas J as a full asset would not surprise me!

From what I have seen he has been excellent and should be retained.

• Like 2

From what I have seen he has been excellent and should be retained.

I think he is Kings Lynn rider of the season.

Robert Lambert has not really kicked on as much thought this year. He needs to have an experienced rider with him in the team who is a high points scorer!

IMO Niels should return to Britain in 2018. No GP's anymore for him (I cant see NKI getting a wildcard).

Why let the Polish rule you. NKI has suffered big time this season due to the Polish rule.

If he has to drop out of the top tier in Poland (Forget about the money) then so be it. Do Denmark, Poland (2nd division), Sweden & Britain

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic