British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Perhaps Nicklas should sell his GTRs to Holder He was saying how good they were a few weeks ago has he changed his mind after Somerset and wolves or is his loss if form something else

Porsing seems to be riding the GTR alright in Poland

Ok, so how does it work then.

Who the hell knows!?!?!?

THIS!

Logically you have to use what season averages or at the very least have a conversion between the leagues once riders get averages. But the BSPA hadn't thought this far ahead :rolleyes:

Holder will get the push from Lynn due to poor form. KK gets the push from Poole soon after. Holder signs for Poole and his form picks up.

Holders firm isn't just poor for King's lynn though. He was poor in the SGP and is hit and miss abroad.

Personally I don't regret Rory moving on, I think he had become stale at Lynn at you always had the feeling that the next big smash was only just round the corner. Both he and Bjerre were old hat at Lynn and needed pastures new which seem to be working for them. Best for all parties that they moved on.

• Like 1

Holders firm isn't just poor for King's lynn though. He was poor in the SGP and is hit and miss abroad.

But had you still been running you would have been more than happy to take him, wouldn't you ..

Missing NKI big time 100% but gotta get over it Chris must and will sort his gating out everywhere, it's not just for us. If we don't support him he'll never settle in, just imagine how he must feel about leaving a club that he's been with since his early days here, somewhere he thought he'd spend the rest of his career in the UK, somewhere he made his home, where his child was born and lives, just put yourself in his shoes. OK he's an Aussie, used to travelling but I think he has feelings, he's not a robot. Speedway is no ordinary 9-5 job, you can't fluke it or hide away til you are in a better place or pull a sickie or two. He's gotta tough it out, put things right, he deserves support doesn't he, he's a top rider, he'll sort it!!

Totally agree Trees, I really feel for Chris, but unfortunately this is a ruthless sport, just how long do we wait for him to "settle in." I can understand moving tracks is unsettling, but the guy was a World Champion not so long ago and I think the fans expect more than they are getting at the moment. Several of the team are under performing, but to have your number one doing it, is a route to failure. I hope he shows us what he can really do, but just how long the fans and management can wait when other teams are surging ahead is the question?

I hate getting on his case, because I admire him as a rider, and he has has gone through a lot recently, but in the grand scheme of things we all want what is best for our team and at the moment his performances are leading to a lot of frustration from the fans. What will happen next, is anybodys guess, but with memories of last seasons failed campaign fresh in my memory, I feel we need to sort this sooner, rather than later.

• Like 1

Roll on the 10th so we can go again and hope for good performances and a win...

Found it very interesting reading the last four pages of this thread as to the many ideas of improving the team. Many people seem to think that we should be replacing Josh and I'm afraid im in agreement with them even though I was one of those at the start of the season that said we should give him a chance. The only way the team can support a 2pointer is if you have a big hitter at number 1 which we are supposed to have so imo it's not Josh's fault he needs to be replaced its Chris Holders. Trouble is to replace Josh we also have to replace somebody else but does anybody else deserve to be bombed out at this early stage,personally I say no except for Chris but will he come good or can the club afford to get rid of him. Somebody suggested bringing in Ritchie Worrall and another rider with an average around 6/7 which if the club did make some changes this would be the way I would prefer them to go but if no changes were made I could also live with this and hope Chris comes good.

Missing NKI big time 100% but gotta get over it Chris must and will sort his gating out everywhere, it's not just for us. If we don't support him he'll never settle in, just imagine how he must feel about leaving a club that he's been with since his early days here, somewhere he thought he'd spend the rest of his career in the UK, somewhere he made his home, where his child was born and lives, just put yourself in his shoes. OK he's an Aussie, used to travelling but I think he has feelings, he's not a robot. Speedway is no ordinary 9-5 job, you can't fluke it or hide away til you are in a better place or pull a sickie or two. He's gotta tough it out, put things right, he deserves support doesn't he, he's a top rider, he'll sort it!!

Totally agree Trees, I really feel for Chris, but unfortunately this is a ruthless sport, just how long do we wait for him to "settle in." I can understand moving tracks is unsettling, but the guy was a World Champion not so long ago and I think the fans expect more than they are getting at the moment. Several of the team are under performing, but to have your number one doing it, is a route to failure. I hope he shows us what he can really do, but just how long the fans and management can wait when other teams are surging ahead is the question?

I hate getting on his case, because I admire him as a rider, and he has has gone through a lot recently, but in the grand scheme of things we all want what is best for our team and at the moment his performances are leading to a lot of frustration from the fans. What will happen next, is anybodys guess, but with memories of last seasons failed campaign fresh in my memory, I feel we need to sort this sooner, rather than later.

Somewhere where i think he'l be better off.

Don't think that Holder has much to worry about at Lynn but he might have more worry about his form in Poland because they run a squad system Don't they??

Indeed they do operate a squad system in Poland and no one is immune from being dropped, if they fail to perform as expected. The loss of Super Dooper Pay nights over there might push Holder into giving it his all in the UK. If of course it is his state of mind and not his machinery that is his form problem. The mystery of loss of form is truly puzzling but as 90% of speedway is said to be psychological ( after reaching a decent level of technique ) perhaps a sports psychologist is more vital for riders in Holder's position than even some riders accept.

Holder was definitely trying on monday at wolves. In all of his heats he was in the mix. Id wait til the aves are out and bring in someone better at number 7.

• Like 1

superguest, on 03 May 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

Holder was definitely trying on monday at wolves. In all of his heats he was in the mix. Id wait til the aves are out and bring in someone better at number 7.

Clearly you have a different opinion of "in the mix" than I do

a rider of his supposed quality shouldn't be in the mix though, they should be out front IMO.

• Like 1