British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

a rider of his supposed quality shouldn't be in the mix though, they should be out front IMO.

Agreed but the issue is whether he can be bothered or not, if he is 'in the mix' and putting in effort then he is. He should be winning races in Poland and GP's too, there is obviously something not right generally with him. If it was just in the UK that he was struggling it would be a different matter.

• Like 2

Take the last heat of the night at Wolves, Thorsell was gone and Chris was on the inside line, Robert bombing round the outside in 2nd/3rd. Chris was keeping Rory at bay to help Rob with his outside line but Rory got by him so Chris lost his point through helping Rob..... that's my take on it anyways...

Of course you could say he should have been up front ahead of Thorsell but he wasn't, but he was doing the right thing by his teamate?

Chris Holder will come good again. Form is temporary , class is permanent . Whether the Stars management are prepared to wait is another matter.

The problems with Lynns start to the season is not all about Chris Holder. Fair enough he's not firing at the moment, but we have not performed as a unit this season and everyone could have done better.. Winning just one race at Wolves was a massive statement from the whole team that they are not doing enough. We need to have a united front and get behind the whole side. Holder included.... I am in no doubt the team will come good, ... I just wish I could see that motivation, that is so desperately needed to kick start our season........

The problems with Lynns start to the season is not all about Chris Holder. Fair enough he's not firing at the moment, but we have not performed as a unit this season and everyone could have done better.. Winning just one race at Wolves was a massive statement from the whole team that they are not doing enough. We need to have a united front and get behind the whole side. Holder included.... I am in no doubt the team will come good, ... I just wish I could see that motivation, that is so desperately needed to kick start our season........

You won't get any motivation with allitt in charge
  • Like 1

Agreed but the issue is whether he can be bothered or not, if he is 'in the mix' and putting in effort then he is. He should be winning races in Poland and GP's too, there is obviously something not right generally with him. If it was just in the UK that he was struggling it would be a different matter.

Im actually very suprised he's rode here this year...

Im actually very suprised he's rode here this year...

Apparently it was to get a visa if other posters are to be believed.

Apparently it was to get a visa if other posters are to be believed.

Well if that is the case he had to ride for somebody then..

I do think that any more humiliating defeats - home or away - will affect the crowd levels at the AFA and it is for this reason changes need to be seriously considered ( if they haven't been already ). Losing even at home if the team puts up a good fight is not such a big problem but being turned over too often leaves people thinking " what's the point of going to watch ". It's what a defeat looks and feels like that matters. And of course the entertainment value on track and there was very little of that in the home loss to BV.

• Like 1

Indeed. Poor racing + a losing team = declining crowds. They need to sort at least one of the issues, preferably both.

Leicester next up at Saddlebow. No disrespect to Leicester but I really think the fans will be looking for 3 things ( IMHO) 1. A good home win. 2. Holder to show some sort of form with a score to match. 3. a Decent nights racing.

Could be a 'Meatloaf' night...... 2 outta 3 aint bad.

• Like 1

3 outta 3 would be perfect, here's hoping, chuck in a warm spring evening and we have a little bit of heaven 😁

Probably after reading Philip Rising damning verdict of AFA race track in todays SS, Hopefully Buster will do something about it.......

• Like 1

Probably after reading Philip Rising damning verdict of AFA race track in todays SS, Hopefully Buster will do something about it.......

don't have the ss so what was said ?

Would certainly imagine Mr Risings phone was red hot this morning. Apart from that I can not imagine Buster wants to relay hundreds of tons of shale which is my guess at where the problem lays.