British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Probably after reading Philip Rising damning verdict of AFA race track in todays SS, Hopefully Buster will do something about it.......

He wrote it himself???? Blimey!!

What happens if Holder does get the boot, does his Visa get revoked if he doesn't pick up another club in a certain amount of time? This crossed my mind with Davey Watt retiring as well, will the border agency be knocking on his door to deport him back to Oz now he's not gainfully employed here?

Probably after reading Philip Rising damning verdict of AFA race track in todays SS, Hopefully Buster will do something about it.......

Let's be fair Phil Rising is right, the Norfolk Arena is a dreadful gate and go track, despite going occasionally since the 70,s I haven't seen what you might call decent racing there since Ryan Sullivan regularly raced there with the Panthers.

• Like 1

What happens if Holder does get the boot, does his Visa get revoked if he doesn't pick up another club in a certain amount of time? This crossed my mind with Davey Watt retiring as well, will the border agency be knocking on his door to deport him back to Oz now he's not gainfully employed here?

Davey Watt did the British citizenship test a few years ago, so he should be okay.

Davy Watt says he wants to stay involved in speedway. Would he make a good team manager for the Stars?

• Like 1

What does here we go again mean? Is no one allowed to suggest anything concerning the Stars team or management ?

• Like 1

Would certainly imagine Mr Risings phone was red hot this morning. Apart from that I can not imagine Buster wants to relay hundreds of tons of shale which is my guess at where the problem lays.

In my time of watching speedway at Saddlebow Road, I have been privileged to have seen some fantastic racing there. Unfortunately the days now when the racing is good are few and far between.. Like you, I also think the problem relates to the shale being used..... The accident where Porsing being hit by a brick from the back of Neils last year would never have happened years ago. It appears that the stuff Lynn uses ( don't think shale is the correct word), is anything but ideal for the purpose. Buster must be embarrassed sometimes with the crap he hand picks off the surface when walking past the track....

Obviously cost must be a factor. But there must be somewhere in-between where we could get a compromise and much better racing.....

Davy Watt says he wants to stay involved in speedway. Would he make a good team manager for the Stars?

I think Davy Watts would be ideal as a TM, linking up with the other Aussies in the team.., He's been there done that..... Worn the Tee shirt... Brilliant choice....

Oh No! At times yes a very good rider but always a"mood" rider all to eager to ease up trying, if any aspect of the track conditions were not to his liking. The motivational, man management skills needed ( as well as a very sharp grasp of tactics and race by race form of your team members ) are not immediately transferable from any rider whatever the heights he might have scaled. And in this case - for me anyway, too much appears to be lacking.

Would certainly imagine Mr Risings phone was red hot this morning. Apart from that I can not imagine Buster wants to relay hundreds of tons of shale which is my guess at where the problem lays.

If what JC says is true, then Buster has no choice except to relay hundreds of tons of shale if he has earlier made the wrong choice of material. If Buster puts out the same stage as for the BV match, I for one would walk away from attending and further leakage of fans is likely to be critical as the terraces have slimmed down quite a bit in the last three years in particular.

Here we go again .....

got them blinkers on again ? And head buried in sand - everything in the KL garden is rosey

got them blinkers on again ? And head buried in sand - everything in the KL garden is rosey

That's because Trees must get free admission as she is so defensive of the management of kingslynn, perhaps she is the internet spy or spokesperson?? As soon as anyone mentions anything negative she is straight on to them, it's a Fans forum we don't need to lick @ss to post on here

• Like 1

If the shale is at fault for speedway all I can think it must be ideal for stock cars - I've a few stock car friends and they say KL is the best shale track in the country as we used to say about speedway. I guess stocks are were the money is made - as I've said before KL is a stock car stadium that just happens to run speedway as well it's sad but Buster is in it to make money and we can moan about the track and lack of good racing all we like but it's the Stock Cars that comes first .

• Like 1

Hahaha I can assure u I don't get in free, but u think what ya like, I've been about here too long to worry about the likes of you!!

Of course I am in contact with the management and am supportive of them, they are totally approachable and I think a few of you should speak personally to Dale and Rob about your concerns, they deserve that .... this isn't football, people are available to speak to, they aren't hid away.

While I am at it, you've wound me up, well done lol

Why is getting in bloody free always mentioned, I've supported this club for donkeys years, I love supporting this club, I want us to succeed, to have some more success, our great days in the PL were awesome, I want that again in the Premiership and am doing my little extra bit for the club now via the Supporters Club again (last time was 2000+ and KREST, remember). I've spent bloody hours organising and getting organised, printing, designing, emailing, putting birthday cards together etc etc so I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to give Dale a hard time, we won the Pairs, the team won away, it's early days, I want the team to get sorted and race to their abilities, we all do. Rob, Troy, Lewis have had good starts to the season, Nick up and down due to his new GTR engines and learning new set ups, Kai has been ok, bit frustrating, of course Chris isn't doing the job we expect but I'm sure he's working on it, Josh has been chucked in the deep end but if the rest of the guys are doing their job it's such valuable experience for him and will bring him on.

I dunno why I bother ..... up yours lol

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Not sure

If the shale is at fault for speedway all I can think it must be ideal for stock cars - I've a few stock car friends and they say KL is the best shale track in the country as we used to say about speedway. I guess stocks are were the money is made - as I've said before KL is a stock car stadium that just happens to run speedway as well it's sad but Buster is in it to make money and we can moan about the track and lack of good racing all we like but it's the Stock Cars that comes first .

Lets face it.Stox get bigger crowds than speedway.The stox/bangers winners get next to nowt but a trophy.If Buster gets the gate and not just track rental,then thats where his money is

Lynn was a speedway track long before stock cars Haza.Its a speedway track that makes money,more from stox these days(maybe)

Edited by Bald Bloke