Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Not sure

Lets face it.Stox get bigger crowds than speedway.The stox/bangers winners get next to nowt but a trophy.If Buster gets the gate and not just track rental,then thats where his money is

Lynn was a speedway track long before stock cars Haza.Its a speedway track that makes money,more from stox these days(maybe)

I've heard that Chapman gets rent from TSR and all the catering/bar monies (which is significant when the Stockies are on). TSR get the gate money (less various running expenses).

Sack Holder because he isn't getting double figure scores every week. well maybe. but can you give me list of who you replace him with. who want to ride in this country.

Sack Holder because he isn't getting double figure scores every week. well maybe. but can you give me list of who you replace him with. who want to ride in this country.

There isn't really anyone and the ones that would, can't cos the Polish 3 leagues rule. :rolleyes:

Pretty obvious that if you sack Holder, you go with a much more solid line up and strong reserves so no 'big name number one' is required. Two Championship riders would come in for Holder and Bailey.

• Like 1

Ritchie Worral Kevin Wolbert Richard Lawson there is 3 . Worral would be the one I'd go for as being an ex Lynn rider

I wouldn't want Wolbert back, was far too inconsistent last time. Although there wouldn't be the priority issue with him that there would be with others.

Would Worrall and Stefan Nielsen fit for Holder and Bailey? Nielsen Seems to have started the season well despite not having a club at the start.

While I am at it, you've wound me up, well done lol

Why is getting in bloody free always mentioned, I've supported this club for donkeys years, I love supporting this club, I want us to succeed, to have some more success, our great days in the PL were awesome, I want that again in the Premiership and am doing my little extra bit for the club now via the Supporters Club again (last time was 2000+ and KREST, remember). I've spent bloody hours organising and getting organised, printing, designing, emailing, putting birthday cards together etc etc so I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to give Dale a hard time, we won the Pairs, the team won away, it's early days, I want the team to get sorted and race to their abilities, we all do. Rob, Troy, Lewis have had good starts to the season, Nick up and down due to his new GTR engines and learning new set ups, Kai has been ok, bit frustrating, of course Chris isn't doing the job we expect but I'm sure he's working on it, Josh has been chucked in the deep end but if the rest of the guys are doing their job it's such valuable experience for him and will bring him on.

I dunno why I bother ..... up yours lol

I admire your attitude and yes its admiral the way you put in hours of work to support this team, but I'm surprised at your blinkered opinion of how the team is performing, We as a club didn't win the pairs, it was the excellence of Holder and Lambert, Next you will say we won the under 21 championship, when again it was Lambert individual ability. Yes we won at Somerset, but was eternally thankful to Craig Cook and some luck when it was needed. Our other three matches we have been dire. Not just beaten but thrashed out of sight.. How you can be happy with our start to the season amazes me.... If we, as a team, as fans, as Promoters can't recognise when things are going wrong there can be no hope.

This lean spell will either fester or it has to stop now. I think the team is more than good enough to reach the play-offs but we need to start performing now with no excuses.

And that's down to Management......

• Like 2

Why is getting in bloody free always mentioned, I've supported this club for donkeys years, I love supporting this club, I want us to succeed, to have some more success, our great days in the PL were awesome, I want that again in the Premiership and am doing my little extra bit for the club now via the Supporters Club again (last time was 2000+ and KREST, remember). I've spent bloody hours organising and getting organised, printing, designing, emailing, putting birthday cards together etc etc so I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to give Dale a hard time, we won the Pairs, the team won away, it's early days, I want the team to get sorted and race to their abilities, we all do. Rob, Troy, Lewis have had good starts to the season, Nick up and down due to his new GTR engines and learning new set ups, Kai has been ok, bit frustrating, of course Chris isn't doing the job we expect but I'm sure he's working on it, Josh has been chucked in the deep end but if the rest of the guys are doing their job it's such valuable experience for him and will bring him on.

You bother because you have passion for the KL Stars but I feel that there is no need to "boast' of all your efforts and hours as a volunteer. That is what volunteers do - give their time willingly and not in expectation of a "reward" in any way. And that 'reward' includes expecting other fans to put you on a pedestal of some kind. What you say in this overview is broadly correct but you are prepared to give a lot more leeway than other fans as to how the team does and is run. Other fans with a more sharpened sense of expectation are not blocked in any way from expressing their point of view. It appears to others that the management team are "sitting on their hands" and the only way to improve that is how they communicate with the fans about their intentions and efforts. Unfortunately Dale has chosen to make statements that leave him open to misinterpretation and come across as " everything is OK and will turn out well" - when in fact it would be better to take on board some fan's concerns and show a bit more affinity with them, if as you say they are so open and approachable.

Would Worrall and Stefan Nielsen fit for Holder and Bailey? Nielsen Seems to have started the season well despite not having a club at the start.

That would fit comfortably,with nearly 2pts spare.Personally i would prefer Kerr to Nielsen and this would still give you plenty to spare.

Trees I would never doubt your commitment to the club, I know from the KREST days how much work you put in then and must do now. However being so "close" to the club can have the tendency to cloud your judgement. Many people didn't share my opinions of Waggy but they didn't talk to him as much as me. You say management are approachable....not the issue. It's them that should be approaching the fans by way of better communication both in person and on social media. Their hearts might be in the right place but they have to show that not assume that the fans know it. This is especially so after the last few seasons of almost zero good PR (or any PR at times) and a now underperforming team.

Fans should never be taken for granted and IMHO that's what's happening at present.

• Like 2

So is the 'inconsistent' start to the season down to :

1. Buster Chapman (he is the man controlling everything,budget, track etc)

2. Dale Alitt ( he is the man entrusted with getting the maximum out of the riders he has)

3. Chris Holder ( signed as a big hitter No1 but performing no better than a 2nd string)

4. Trees ) Cos she is working her butt off for the good of the Club and is very protective of it)

Come on guys, I smell a bit of a witch hunt. Not on is it ? What makes her opinion worth less than aanybody else's ? just because you don't happen to agree with it.

• Like 1

L Kerr & R Worrall...would score 15/16 points per meeting.

You have to act fast to show the fans that you take them seriously. Will Buster do it?

• Like 1

L Kerr & R Worrall...would score 15/16 points per meeting.

You have to act fast to show the fans that you take them seriously. Will Buster do it?

short answer- NO

I cant see anything happening at least till first lot of averages comes in .