British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

That would fit comfortably,with nearly 2pts spare.Personally i would prefer Kerr to Nielsen and this would still give you plenty to spare.

Wow Worrall and another to get near the limit would leave a very solid side. Wouldn't be surprised if Holder soon gets back to his best though.

If Holder bangs in a 13 plus haul on Wednesday night are people still going to be after change ?

If Holder bangs in a 13 plus haul on Wednesday night are people still going to be after change ?

Yes, after the averages change see who we can replace Bailey with

You bother because you have passion for the KL Stars but I feel that there is no need to "boast' of all your efforts and hours as a volunteer. That is what volunteers do - give their time willingly and not in expectation of a "reward" in any way. And that 'reward' includes expecting other fans to put you on a pedestal of some kind. What you say in this overview is broadly correct but you are prepared to give a lot more leeway than other fans as to how the team does and is run. Other fans with a more sharpened sense of expectation are not blocked in any way from expressing their point of view. It appears to others that the management team are "sitting on their hands" and the only way to improve that is how they communicate with the fans about their intentions and efforts. Unfortunately Dale has chosen to make statements that leave him open to misinterpretation and come across as " everything is OK and will turn out well" - when in fact it would be better to take on board some fan's concerns and show a bit more affinity with them, if as you say they are so open and approachable.

I'm not bloody boasting for gods sake, how old are you? Pedestal lol oh dear.... I'm just in the minority on here prepared to give a little grace to riders, right or wrong, that won't change, that's me.

Come on Holder 😀

I would be happy with David Howe at reserve instead of Josh Bailey (not his fault but he is out of his depth)

Sure that we could fit him in on just under 5 if we could fit in Lewis Kerr that would be even better but don't think we will have enough though

And a Olly Allen as new team manager !

• Like 1

I cant see anything happening at least till first lot of averages comes in .

You may well be right.

The club may already know what the new team building averages will be and we could be well under that.

It was suggested that the it could be revised to about 42.

Currently we're at 37.91.

If that remains we could replace Bailey with a 6.09 rider

We have to stop Kerr completing 4 home 4 away with Poole then we can fit him in on the 5.98 for Bailey

How we would look then is:

1. Lambert 7.83

2. Rose 5.40

3. Kerr 5.98

4. Holder 5.41

5. Batchelor 7.67

6. Huckenbeck 4.84

7. Porsing 4.76

• Like 1

I was pleased to see Chris Holder on the Stars web site today, admitting the start to this season has been awful for him. Reading the article, he is at least trying to do something positive about it, which is to his credit. Lets hope we soon see the Chris Holder of old, as we know he can be a match winner when on form. Hopefully results will soon be forthcoming from him, and we can all get off his back (me included!)

• Like 1

You may well be right.

The club may already know what the new team building averages will be and we could be well under that.

It was suggested that the it could be revised to about 42.

Currently we're at 37.91.

If that remains we could replace Bailey with a 6.09 rider

We have to stop Kerr completing 4 home 4 away with Poole then we can fit him in on the 5.98 for Bailey

How we would look then is:

1. Lambert 7.83

2. Rose 5.40

3. Kerr 5.98

4. Holder 5.41

5. Batchelor 7.67

6. Huckenbeck 4.84

7. Porsing 4.76

Kerr's 28 days at Poole are up, so can't do 4h 4a. Only way he will do them is if Poole keep him and then you can't have him anyway! :D
  • Like 1

Trees I would never doubt your commitment to the club, I know from the KREST days how much work you put in then and must do now. However being so "close" to the club can have the tendency to cloud your judgement. Many people didn't share my opinions of Waggy but they didn't talk to him as much as me. You say management are approachable....not the issue. It's them that should be approaching the fans by way of better communication both in person and on social media. Their hearts might be in the right place but they have to show that not assume that the fans know it. This is especially so after the last few seasons of almost zero good PR (or any PR at times) and a now underperforming team.

Fans should never be taken for granted and IMHO that's what's happening at present.

They do a press conference after the meetings now, a good opportunity for fans to have their say, so those unhappy with Dale can tell him, rather than just spewing on here where he has no comeback...
  • Like 1

They do a press conference after the meetings now, a good opportunity for fans to have their say, so those unhappy with Dale can tell him, rather than just spewing on here where he has no comeback...

How many of the crowd actually attend them tho. . Jonathan used to walk around the terraces most weeks and was always approachable even if folk didn't always like the answers. Waggy was always about after meetings. Cyril Crane and Maury Littlechild were always about. Fans appreciate one to one conversations far more than easily controlled after match press conferences, although I agree they are better than nothing, but kids with school next day probably miss out on them!

No comeback on here....I'm pretty sure it was on the internet where I heard management refer to "keyboard warriors". There's nothing stopping any of the management replying to comments on here, even if they use an alias (members are pretty quick to work out who is who.

• Like 2

Well said star lady, Jonathan was always willing to talk to fans and even does now, I have had many chats with Rob and Buster in the past, but not Dale, he may be a nice person but from what I can see I don't think he is the right person to be team manager that is my personal opinion which I am entitled to. I cannot help if a lot of other fans think the same as me! I think dale would be better off carrying on with the juniors, I think Olly Allen would bring something completely different and would be very professional as he was always like that as a rider, may even be able to help the boys with their gating as some of them need it.

• Like 3

While I am at it, you've wound me up, well done lol

Why is getting in bloody free always mentioned, I've supported this club for donkeys years, I love supporting this club, I want us to succeed, to have some more success, our great days in the PL were awesome, I want that again in the Premiership and am doing my little extra bit for the club now via the Supporters Club again (last time was 2000+ and KREST, remember). I've spent bloody hours organising and getting organised, printing, designing, emailing, putting birthday cards together etc etc so I'm sorry if I don't feel the need to give Dale a hard time, we won the Pairs, the team won away, it's early days, I want the team to get sorted and race to their abilities, we all do. Rob, Troy, Lewis have had good starts to the season, Nick up and down due to his new GTR engines and learning new set ups, Kai has been ok, bit frustrating, of course Chris isn't doing the job we expect but I'm sure he's working on it, Josh has been chucked in the deep end but if the rest of the guys are doing their job it's such valuable experience for him and will bring him on.

I dunno why I bother ..... up yours lol

Roughly translated, I'm friends with dale and don't want him to get the sack. Edited by therefused
  • Like 2

Kerr's 28 days at Poole are up, so can't do 4h 4a. Only way he will do them is if Poole keep him and then you can't have him anyway! :D

Which Lynn could prevent if they so wished being Kerr's parent club.

The team put up earlier by Danny with Kerr in it and Holder at second string plus Huckenbeck and Porsing at reserve looks good.

• Like 1

Which Lynn could prevent if they so wished being Kerr's parent club.

The team put up earlier by Danny with Kerr in it and Holder at second string plus Huckenbeck and Porsing at reserve looks good.

But Kerr really wants to ride for Poole! ;) After all we gave you Chris Holder :D

the only place I'm going after heat 15 is home some of us has an early start for work the next morning . .