British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Christ !! you don't half talk some crap..... How you can defend this lack lustred approach to advertising is beyond me . This is nothing more than incompetence, at the highest level, and you are looking to defend them..

If the club cant be bothered to provide the information on a forth coming meeting, then why should the fans bother to go.... At a time when the social media is there for all to use it has never been easier to promote a meeting... All that's needed is 5mins in front of a computer . Probably this goes someway at to explain why the attendances are always dropping....

Years ago we always had updates of future meetings in the local rag, with interviews and photos too. No wonder the sport is just about dead ....

What he said ^^^

We were promised changes "for the fans" to enhance the Speedway experience.

A change in the management was done to try just that as Buster had to much on.

So far, what have we got?

1. Meetings run through quicker with less track grading
  2. Some random flame thrower

Most important of all though, the racing from 2 home matches has been atrocious and there doesn't seem to be anyone bothered about it from the management team.

• Like 1

Roynon for Bailey?

I like Roynon,but not sure whether he would be an improvement.Unfortunately all of his injuries are catching up with him.He is also contemplating retiring.

The media team will put it out tomorrow I guess.....

What media team and guessing tomorrow ain't no good the way they are going they don't deserve a crowd
  • Like 1

Management team don't give a toss about the fans. As long as we keep giving our 17 pounds they ere happy.

• Like 1

New mic man who interviews any supporter who wants their say,

Press conference after the meeting,

Supporters Club who run some away trips, give u a chance to pick your Rider of the Night and watch from the centre and run. 50/50 draw.

Supporters Club who run some away trips, give u a chance to pick your Rider of the Night and watch from the centre and run. 50/50 draw.

mmmm now don't try telling me that was a management initiative Trees :wink:

• Like 1

least the stock car promotion work at getting a crowd the old fashioned way with advertising banners on the side of many main roads least stock car fans no there is a meeting on this weekend .

I'd just like to see some promoting going on for speedway for a change .

with regards to supporters clubs, Peterborough have a thriving supporters club that have regular quiz nights, dart nights, social events, as well as raising money to purchase track equipment and airfence panels etc.

at Kings Lynn, it needs the supporters to get behind the events and behind the club, instead of laughing at what they're trying to achieve.

and for the record, I'm nothing to do with the supporters club at KL, just see what potential is there

• Like 1

Never mind press conference after a meeting. Give us some info before the meeting. Promoters should be promoting the club.

I crazed them so much with ideas that they shut me up by asking me to do it haha. It's been good on the whole, one or two things haven't happened which we hoped but we have something to build on 😊

with regards to supporters clubs, Peterborough have a thriving supporters club that have regular quiz nights, dart nights, social events, as well as raising money to purchase track equipment and airfence panels etc.

at Kings Lynn, it needs the supporters to get behind the events and behind the club, instead of laughing at what they're trying to achieve.

and for the record, I'm nothing to do with the supporters club at KL, just see what potential is there

Trust me I'm not laughing at anything the supporters club are trying to do Steve. I know how hard they work and offered my support from the very start altho I no longer class myself as a fan.

They are up against it when it comes to social nights etc because of the rural catchment area, whereas Peterboro has a core of urban support.

Edited by Star Lady

Never mind press conference after a meeting. Give us some info before the meeting. Promoters should be promoting the club.

All part of it m8, getting the news from the horses mouth is great...

New mic man who interviews any supporter who wants their say

We'll see if total honesty is allowed, I'll speak to Gav Wednesday

Press conference after the meeting

I have a 2yo to get home after the meetings, I sure as hell ain't attending press conferences

All comes as an extra expense to the fans.

I don't see anything the supporters club do give anything back to the fans.

That's not a dig at you, it's not your responsibility to do that as it should be the club directly that does incentives.

Nothing is added to the fans experience in terms of atmosphere and quality of racing.

I recently went to a funeral that had more atmosphere than the AFA.

I've not read anyone laughing at the supporters club, and every club should have one.

What Peterborough do is all well and good but none of those add to the race night experience.

Neither should they, it's the responsibility of the management to deliver that to the fans.

Riders like M Loram and Henka made a meeting memorable with there racing style. The last rider to create atmosphere was S Parker. Races are mainly won from the gate now so there's not much to get the crowd excited about. Can't blame the management for that. Bikes are to quick ,tracks are to slick.

• Like 1

Riders like M Loram and Henka made a meeting memorable with there racing style. The last rider to create atmosphere was S Parker. Races are mainly won from the gate now so there's not much to get the crowd excited about. Can't blame the management for that. Bikes are to quick ,tracks are to slick.

Christ, don't u enjoy watching Lambert, he's fantastic and a Norfolk boy too! Always does at least one great pass a meeting 😊

We'll see if total honesty is allowed, I'll speak to Gav Wednesday

I have a 2yo to get home after the meetings, I sure as hell ain't attending press conferences

All comes as an extra expense to the fans.

I don't see anything the supporters club do give anything back to the fans.

That's not a dig at you, it's not your responsibility to do that as it should be the club directly that does incentives.

Nothing is added to the fans experience in terms of atmosphere and quality of racing.

I recently went to a funeral that had more atmosphere than the AFA.

I've not read anyone laughing at the supporters club, and every club should have one.

What Peterborough do is all well and good but none of those add to the race night experience.

Neither should they, it's the responsibility of the management to deliver that to the fans.

For those who win the 50/50 draw, watch a race from the centre and choose their Rider of the Night it does. We also do shout outs for members birthdays. What else do you want us to do? Your ideas are very welcome!