British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I enjoyed those days in the PL, the riders were a TEAM, there was a lot of fun with the riders at the club, and that's what helped the club to win trophies - it was that spirit that pushed everyone forward and the opposition hated coming to Kings Lynn because they felt intimidated.

Things going on at Peterborough is the club trying to involve the supporters, make people feel part of things, we need that to happen at Kings Lynn again

They were special times with many of the team living locally, Kings Lynn being their main/only club, away riders hating our track, great team spirit which winning helps to charge up ...... but then it all went pear shaped ...

i wouldn't say the Warnes family are hangers on. But in general there are to many people who get in for nothing but don't contribute anything to the meeting.

I cannot believe the Warnes family have been dropped like a hot brick.. For what they have done for the club, I would have thought they'd had free admission for life. Like you I have always thought there were far too many hanger's on (stewards) walking about with their blue vests on doing nothing. I could name 4 people that I know, that go every week for free and do next to nothing. They even have a program board to fill I the results... Surely the Warnes are a more deserving cause than some of them.....

• Like 1

There we are King's Lynn fans, everything you need to know about how the club is run.

A family / company that's pumped £50,000+ into the club for the last 10 years given the cold shoulder.

It proves the point categorically that the clubs opinion of us fans that pass over £17 a meeting must mean even less to them.

We are no longer fans just customers, if we don't return it's no big lose to them.

I'm seeing out my season ticket for 2017 then that's it.

I feel totally unrecognised as a fan, loyal supporter of this club and treated just as a number.

Well, as a customer the product is sh!te and I will spend my money in future somewhere where it's more appreciated :cry::cry::cry:

• Like 4

A family / company that's pumped £50,000+ into the club for the last 10 years given the cold shoulder

I would imagine the number is much higher than that, possibly around £200,000 Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

Did none of you enjoy our PL days, funny old lot.

I'm concerned about the quality of the racing and have come to the conclusion that lay down engines need to be abolished with up rights coming back again but meanwhile make the track slick so the riders aren't bombing round the end of the dirt line .... any other suggestions?

I certainly enjoyed those days. The atmosphere was superb, there were characters on the sport, we had a HUGE home track advantage and the fans were 100% behind the team. In the couple of seasons I did after the team moved into the Elite League I felt the atmosphere had dropped and the fun had gone with it.

Really sad to read some of the comments on here and I genuinely hope things improve on and off the track in the months ahead.

As a few of you will know, I've been invited to present at Kevin Doolan's testimonial meeting in June so flights from Brisbane are booked and I plan to make a couple of visits to see if anyone remembers me at Kings Lynn! :-)

• Like 3

As a few of you will know, I've been invited to present at Kevin Doolan's testimonial meeting in June so flights from Brisbane are booked and I plan to make a couple of visits to see if anyone remembers me at Kings Lynn! :-)

Who are you ? lol.

Be good to see if all the old skills are there Mike.

• Like 1

There we are King's Lynn fans, everything you need to know about how the club is run.

A family / company that's pumped £50,000+ into the club for the last 10 years given the cold shoulder.

It proves the point categorically that the clubs opinion of us fans that pass over £17 a meeting must mean even less to them.

We are no longer fans just customers, if we don't return it's no big lose to them.

I'm seeing out my season ticket for 2017 then that's it.

I feel totally unrecognised as a fan, loyal supporter of this club and treated just as a number.

Well, as a customer the product is sh!te and I will spend my money in future somewhere where it's more appreciated :cry::cry::cry:

Wherever you go sport wise you are treated just as a number.

Doesn't mean you have to like or accept it.

This is true, but as a customer (no longer a fan) the product has to be top notch or the customer goes elsewhere.

This customer is choosing to stick it's fingers up to Speedway as a whole at the end of the season

This is true, but as a customer (no longer a fan) the product has to be top notch or the customer goes elsewhere.

This customer is choosing to stick it's fingers up to Speedway as a whole at the end of the season

Personally i can't see where i am being treated differently now as to what i was 30 years ago.

Once upon a time, to me British Speedway was a religion. My whole world revolved round speedway. I can remember going to every meeting, home and away year after year. The rows it caused between the wife and I were countless.. I use to meet up with Alan Littlechild and off we went. It not as though we were going to win, but the fight and passion, the atmosphere, the excitement , the banter , made it all worthwhile. I remember one year going to Coatbridge and winning , next we were in Newcastle and got well beaten. Miles and time meant nothing. You had this feeling of belonging to the club. They appreciated you and you, in return stayed loyal with your support....

How times have changed. Even when losing, Alan and Cyril always had their finger on the pulse. The fans always knew what was going on and what they were thinking of. Now we are a club with possibly the worst communication with the fans ever. It is run as one big secret making the fans feel unimportant... If the promotion are as distant with the riders as they are the fans its little wonder they perform like they do.,

Peter Adams, with his finger on the pulse, has stolen a march on every club with his forward thinking. Just for once, I would have loved that to have been our team.. But good luck to them .

​Having won 26 out of their last 30 races at home they sure are looking mighty strong. That's the difference. between them and Lynn. Here the fans are aware of our short falls and are only to willing to suggest their opinions. We don't hear a Dickie bird from the club, not even a view or response or a whisper., Yet someone like Adams goes out and sorts its....

Me... It wouldn't bother me if I go now or not. I hate feeling as if I'm being taken for a ride...... All the good times have gone. We have pay good money to watch processional races, The generated atmosphere is false . The riders think their Gods and we have to bow to their every whim. Where once they would mix and talk with the fans now they cant wait to go.. Its a far cry to the sport that ruled my life for more years than I care to remember..... I feel sorry for the young supporters who don't know any different, At least my memory banks are full of all the good times that Speedway once was.....

Any solutions/ideas to make things better then?

Whilst I can appreciate the improvements which have been made this season by the BSPA, How re-assuring would it be if the BSPA were working on some kind of 'white paper' on the future of British Speedway - something which would spell out all the issues we have now/and foresee in the future - before setting out short/mid and long term plans for the sport in this country. This could be shared, at least then we'd all know where we stand and where we are going and how knows, there may be optimism rather than pessimism among speedway fans in this country?

This kind of strategic planning goes on in business, why shouldn't it in speedway?

• Like 1

Personally i can't see where i am being treated differently now as to what i was 30 years ago.

Ah right, that's ok then :rolleyes:

The fact that the way you feel you've been treated is the same as 30 years ago says exactly where Speedway is.

Danny. Are you still going to be interviewed by Gavin tonight?

No, why?

Never said I was, just that I'd ask how honest we can be on the mic.

Due to illness I struggle to put a sentence together so my point wouldn't​ be heard or make sense anyway :lol:

Ah right, that's ok then :rolleyes:

The fact that the way you feel you've been treated is the same as 30 years ago says exactly where Speedway is.

Well there's a few on here who thinks it was better years ago,so it can't have been that bad.If i feel it's the same as back then i must be in a good place :wink:.

Anyway looking forward to tonight as i haven't seen any speedway since the away match at Rye.Weather's good for a change,lets hope for some decent racing and a good result from the Stars.

Any solutions/ideas to make things better then?

Whilst I can appreciate the improvements which have been made this season by the BSPA, How re-assuring would it be if the BSPA were working on some kind of 'white paper' on the future of British Speedway - something which would spell out all the issues we have now/and foresee in the future - before setting out short/mid and long term plans for the sport in this country. This could be shared, at least then we'd all know where we stand and where we are going and how knows, there may be optimism rather than pessimism among speedway fans in this country?

This kind of strategic planning goes on in business, why shouldn't it in speedway?

I have loads of ideas , but they have been voiced so many time before. What we desperate need are transparent rules set in stone; Clubs to take advantage of the social media and promote the club and the sport, so fans and people are aware of what is going on. Promote the club to the people, and make them feel involved...... Assure us of good racing where VFM is the No 1 priority.

What is so annoying, at Kings Lynn we have the makings of a brilliant set up.. We have no competition of big sport in the facinity. We have fans who would die for the club, and are desperate for success, 52 years, we have waited to win the Premier league, we are no closer now than we were all them years ago..... Surely we have learnt something from that time.....

• Like 3