British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Would Lewis Kerrs average fit to replace Bailey?

Too high at the moment,hopefully when the averages come out he can.Now this would make Lynn into a very good team imo.

I believe it's after 4H and 4A matches which would be after the Rye home meeting on 24th May. Holder obviously missed Somerset away so don't know when his will change, presumably after two more away matches?

All of Bailey's points have come by way of a riders fall, exclusion or retirement bar two 3rd places at home to Belle Vue off Smith. Iknow there is not a lot of riders who could have started at 7 for K/Lynn at the start of the season but I think he should stand down & concentrate on his other 2 leagues.

Time will tell whether the other riders doing 3 leagues(Bewley, Smith, Perks) will suffer burn out or mechanical issues.

I believe it's after 4H and 4A matches which would be after the Rye home meeting on 24th May. Holder obviously missed Somerset away so don't know when his will change, presumably after two more away matches?

That was asked of Dale last night and he said early June was the 4h4a for us. He is well aware that Josh is struggling but there is currently no better rider to take his place so it's a matter of supporting and encouraging him.

Hope they are paying Josh a small guarantee.Otherwise loosing money through no fault of his own

It was always going to be difficult for Bailey competing in the top league. I believe he has done relatively well and has shown a fare turn of speed. If he could sort out his gating he would be in the mix against most reserves. Once the races have started Josh has not problem keeping up the pace, but you cant compete on level terms when you are constantly slow from the gate......

• Like 1

I guess it's confidence he lacks to attack from the gate, it will come, he's certainly finding out what is necessary in this league and hopefully the experience will stand him in good stead for the future.

He has a very bright future and its great to see a young lad graduate from the MDL team right through to the senior side, but it's come a year or two too soon unfortunately. As has been said its all at the gate as he is quick enough.

If we can replace him with a solid middle order rider once the averages change it will transform the side.

• Like 1

Think its a no brainer that Josh will be replaced, but until the averages change to create an opening the Club will have to stick with Young Bailey. When the time comes for the change it could be the decision that makes or breaks the season.

Think its a no brainer that Josh will be replaced, but until the averages change to create an opening the Club will have to stick with Young Bailey. When the time comes for the change it could be the decision that makes or breaks the season.

from what I've heard the replacement no7 or the rider I've heard that's coming in is only going to be marginally better . So I'd not get too excited
  • Like 1

from what I've heard the replacement no7 or the rider I've heard that's coming in is only going to be marginally better . So I'd not get too excited

Yes not the rider I had hoped for to make us title challengers. but to be fair he is a lot better than josh, that's not being nasty to josh it's just a year or two too soon for him

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

So who the rider then ?

Two on here are saying they know who the new no 7 is so why are they not saying who, if they won't say then they should not mention it at all, and people say the club is secretive.

• Like 2

Two on here are saying they know who the new no 7 is so why are they not saying who, if they won't say then they should not mention it at all, and people say the club is secretive.

bit like the club then

Yes not the rider I had hoped for to make us title challengers. but to be fair he is a lot better than josh, that's not being nasty to josh it's just a year or two too soon for him

yes better than Josh but won't turn the team into championship winners .