British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

The good old times.I'd like a pound for every pint I downed every week standing on the 2nd bend,in the 80s 90's.Then after in Champs lol.

When you were all young, free and single eh, when life was easy, a laugh, money to spend on just what you wanted, the speedway was better, riders better, promoters better ....

Not to mention the team managers!! :P;)

Edited by Najjer

The good old times.I'd like a pound for every pint I downed every week standing on the 2nd bend,in the 80s 90's.Then after in Champs lol.

Me too,remember in Champs one night how Nigel Leaver raised money for a blown engine :party:

Now i know you.And you are right,those were the good old days.Alchohol,speedway,trips abroad=lots of fun.I remember being locked out of a cabin on a ferry once too,wonder who that was :lol:.Remember that huge pizza you got in Hamburg.Was you in the lift in Sweden when it got stuck in between floors momentarily,remember Wild Wayne being in it.It's all flooding back now.

You wouldn't believe the fun we had back in the 90's.

They where some great times mate, remember the ice racing trip to Assen, when we had to leave a night club quickly as we was the only two white people in the place and I don't think we were suppose to be there lol, and then having to get up early to leave as the mini bus was in the middle of the market square with two rival football teams either side of square. Don't think the English flags helped lol 😂

• Like 2

They where some great times mate, remember the ice racing trip to Assen, when we had to leave a night club quickly as we was the only two white people in the place and I don't think we were suppose to be there lol, and then having to get up early to leave as the mini bus was in the middle of the market square with two rival football teams either side of square. Don't think the English flags helped lol

I can certainly remember that night club,bit scary really when you look back at it.Although we must have had a few by then so we may had been feeling a bit braver than we normally would have been.

Brilliant times,enjoyed my weekend trips to Gronigen for the Assen Ice Speedway.Remember beer mat flipping once with M.Loram in Tramps bar,i think it was called(Rusky will know).Was the hotel called the Dohlen(another one for Rusky).Great times and memories from some great trips abroad all thanks to the organisation and driving of our old friend Rusky.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

I can certainly remember that night club,bit scary really when you look back at it.Although we must have had a few by then so we may had been feeling a bit braver than we normally would have been.

Brilliant times,enjoyed my weekend trips to Gronigen for the Assen Ice Speedway.Remember beer mat flipping once with M.Loram in Tramps bar,i think it was called(Rusky will know).Was the hotel called the Dohlen(another one for Rusky).Great times and memories from some great trips abroad all thanks to the organisation and driving of our old friend Rusky.

We should get rusky to do a reunion trip ! Hopefully Rob Lyon won't nick my underwear if we did a reunion trip lol 😂 great times 👍 Edited by lynnboy

We should get rusky to do a reunion trip ! Hopefully Rob Lyon won't nick my underwear if we did a reunion trip lol great times

Now that would be fun :t:.Dads army revisited :lol:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Yep the hotel was called the Hotel De Doelen, on the market square in Groningen. And yet again absolutely right Tellboy it was Tramps bar. Its a few years since I was there last but Tramps bar was closed then. Do you remember as well that Marky Boy was treated as a hero in some of the bars that we went in - remember him very well on the shoulders of some extremely tall Dutch lads (basketball team ?) in a bar with a very low timbered ceiling. Also remember he didn't see too much of the Sunday racing. I do remind him of that on the occassions that I see him.. :lol:

Of course currently there is no ice stadium at Assen, but i believe they are building a new one there.

And less of the old Tellboy..... just more experienced

It's great to have memories like that,because they were indeed some great times.Those Dutch lads were tall,but then they were all tall to me.I do remember Mark being asleep most of the time during Sunday's racing,he was sat in the seats on the start/finish line wasn't he.Obviously well hung-over from the night before.Marky boy,i haven't heard that in quite some time.

Edited by tellboy

I see Jake knight is coming back v.soon it wouldn't surprise me to see him come in for young josh and slot into the struggling NL side also.

I may be completely wrong but hes said hes got a new team just waiting to announce it..

Problem with signing J Knight is you never know how long he will ride before he retires again.

Jake Knight is not going to "cut the mustard" in the Premiership, that's for sure. And yes he does retire at the drop of a hat - who knows why.

Following in his father's foot steps was never going to be easy. People always want to compare.