Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

so why didn't Poole blade their track for the last 6 or 7 years?

They do, whats your excuse.. And then you wonder why speedway has lost many good track staff.

Just seen the forecast for Wednesday. Wet again so another call off is probable.

POSIBLE. DEPENDS WHAT TIME THE RAIN TURNS UP. Assuming it does.

Edited by Starman2006

As like so many other occassions the fans are left waiting, wondering what the future holds. With the introduction of this new ruling of a deadline for signing riders by 29th July, I would have thought it would warrant some information about the Holder situation. We hear plenty of talk of him not riding again, he has obviously upset lots of people by his actions, but if he refuses to ride for the Stars, are we still allow to get a replacement after that date ???..

If we had any ideas of the Play-Offs, our forward thinking Promoter would have covered Chris's absence with a short term replacement. The fact that they didn't, does this mean he will be back? Has the club lined up a replacement ? Again more questions and no answers... and you wonder why the fans turn away...

Two points:-

1) What's it got to do with the fans?

2) The owner is too busy driving his tractor to worry about things like this.

Just seen the forecast for Wednesday. Wet again so another call off is probable.

Holder's ban could be over before Lynn appear on track again. :D

• Like 1

It's time for the Stars fans to write this season off and look forward to next season. Start with a clean slate and a new team.

Sorry to stick my nose in. But as a speedway fan I find the Kings lynn thread so depressing and all the problems could harm the sport I love and this post tops the lot.I know its all probably pie in the sky but as an outsider looking in if everyone involved with the club,the promotion the riders and the fans could rally round and get over the problems of the first half of the season and all do the jobs they should then this club could really fly.

On paper you have one of the best teams in the league.Possibley as a group the best 3 heat leaders, good strong 2nd strings a strong number 6 and a number 7 who is not a 2 point youngster.

You are only 4 points behind a play off spot with 4 matches in hand on a struggling Poole side.You might never have a team as strong as this for quite a while. In fact if the club could pull itself together and reach the play offs you could even win the bloody thing

So for the good of the sport come on Kings lynn get your act together and put your club back together. best of luck.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

And now after predicting a dry and warm August,the Met Office are now saying it is going to be the wettest in five years.If that's the case, some clubs are going to struggle to complete all their remaining fixtures. Edited by Tommy Sweetman

And now after predicting a dry and warm August,the Met Office are now saying it is going to be the wettest in five years.If that's the case, some clubs are going to struggle to complete all their remaining fixtures.

I mentioned this on the Somerset thread. Whoever scheduled all these meetings in August needs a kick up the ar#e.

I saw a tweet of a monkey working a computer keyboard, it could have made a better job of the scheduling.

Sorry to stick my nose in. But as a speedway fan I find the Kings lynn thread so depressing and all the problems could harm the sport I love and this post tops the lot.I know its all probably pie in the sky but as an outsider looking in if everyone involved with the club,the promotion the riders and the fans could rally round and get over the problems of the first half of the season and all do the jobs they should then this club could really fly.

On paper you have one of the best teams in the league.Possibley as a group the best 3 heat leaders, good strong 2nd strings a strong number 6 and a number 7 who is not a 2 point youngster.

You are only 4 points behind a play off spot with 4 matches in hand on a struggling Poole side.You might never have a team as strong as this for quite a while. In fact if the club could pull itself together and reach the play offs you could even win the bloody thing

So for the good of the sport come on Kings lynn get your act together and put your club back together. best of luck.

It seems that most people accept that crowds are falling at nearly all clubs, in all leagues. They are likely falling locally because of the disorganised way that KLS has been run for the last two or three years. The promotion could easily and without much cost, repair a lot of the issues, which some fans find more than disappointing. One promoter has stood down ( or back? ) only last week and the other remains unwell. The owner has said he will not risk running future meetings if the track conditions and weather are not as the riders want them. There is not much for the fans to "get behind". A number of fans do not want the banned rider to return and are unhappy about the attitude of others in the team and that has caused a lot of disillusionment.

I suspect that the owner now believes that the core numbers of the crowd are not likely to fall much more and that he can go on with things as they are. That might be true and hence the lack of "repair work" to this situation. That may be the situation at a number of UK speedway tracks.

When the season started I'm sure a lot of clubs seemed to be getting decent crowds but with every shambles that comes along (on a regular basis) I'm sure that's why fans are giving up. As usual I planned to do a fair few meetings but with lack of regular meetings I've lost a bit of interest and have not done as many as I intended

Batchelor has tweeted he's been sacked.

Not in the least bit surprised. Buster had to do something and it was either get rid of Batchelor or Holder......or maybe both :wink:

Batchelor has tweeted he's been sacked.

Oh dear that means 1 guest and R/R for Chris does it not if as I understand Chris is suspended.

Edited by A ORLOV

Another twist and turn to the Stars season.

Wonder who we're bringing in as a Number 1?

Hopefully someone fully committed. Average immaterial after that.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn can't bring in a number 1 unless it was done before the deadline. Can you have a guest for a rider you've sacked?