British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Hopefully we can bend the rules to get Holder in. Come on Matt the BSPA are thick I'm sure you can find a loop hole in the rule book.

Kings Lynns team for Wednesday is now:

Robert Lambert 7.52

Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

Michael Palm-Toft 6.33

Kai Huckenbeck 6.09

Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

Josh Auty 4.90

Simon Lambert 3.00

A decent 'one big League' team I would suggest...

A lot cheaper to pay for than one containing Messrs Holder and Batch too...

Is it 2018 already?..

(I would ask when is the deadline for announcing 2018 teams but 2020 would probably be the British Speedway answer)..😀

Edited by mikebv

I have to praise the Kings Lynn promotion for being brave here. Seems to me the majority of fans wasn't happy with Holder and Batchelor on that night and wanted them replaced asap. Kings Lynn haven't got the big hitters now but now have a side that will give 100%.

It seems they wanted Gomolski but for some reason it didn't happen.

Well done Buster no rider is ever bigger than his club - hope the fans rally round Buster at least he has now got a team that really want to ride for the club

Edited by startline sid
  • Like 6

Speechless !!!!!. Can't say I'm surprised. You cant have riders dictating, when, if and how they ride... No rider is bigger than the sport. It was obvious Buster had to do something to regain some confidence from the fans.... Concerned about THJ though, don't think he will be good enough, but the choices are few and far between.

We will have to wait and see......

• Like 1

Speechless !!!!!. Can't say I'm surprised. You cant have riders dictating, when, if and how they ride... No rider is bigger than the sport. It was obvious Buster had to do something to regain some confidence from the fans.... Concerned about THJ though, don't think he will be good enough, but the choices are few and far between.

We will have to wait and see......

I think riders should be entitled to a safe working environment, just like any of us would expect of our employers.

• Like 1

'A re-structure of the side at reserve now sees Josh Auty included alongside Nicklas Porsing, although the latter is currently ruled out after a crash in Poland on Sunday'.

HAS SIMON LAMBERT GOT THE BOOT AS WELL ?

'A re-structure of the side at reserve now sees Josh Auty included alongside Nicklas Porsing, although the latter is currently ruled out after a crash in Poland on Sunday'.

HAS SIMON LAMBERT GOT THE BOOT AS WELL ?

No.He riding Weds against Swindon

IT’S all change at King’s Lynn – as they look for one final push towards the play-offs!

Club owner Keith Chapman has spent the weekend restructuring his side with exciting Swedish talent Tomas H Jonasson coming in alongside fans’ favourite Michael Palm-Toft and Josh Auty.

Chris Holder, who is currently suspended, has been released along with fellow countryman Troy Batchelor.

Said Trucks R Us Stars chief Chapman: “I felt our season was heading towards a brick wall and had to do something.

“I would like to place on record my thanks to Chris Holder and Troy Batchelor for riding for the club and I’m sad it hasn’t worked out with them this season.

“Having said that I feel we now have an environment within the King’s Lynn team where everyone has the right attitude and they want to get out there and do their best for the club.

“Tomas H Jonasson has moved heaven and earth to get himself ready to come over from Sweden, Josh Auty and Michael Palm-Toft are well liked by the fans and I sincerely hope this can be the news we need to get our flagging season back on track.

“We don’t have an out-and-out No.1 but we have strength in-depth with a team full of riders with a good, positive attitude towards the club and towards the sport in general. They are all desperate to get started and do well for the club.

“Whenever Josh and Michael have been at King’s Lynn they have always entertained and given their best. Let’s see how the season goes from here and I would urge all King’s Lynn fans to turn out and back our play-off push, starting on Wednesday against Swindon.”

Simon Lambert will share a reserve role with Nicklas Porsing who is out injured on Wednesday.

King’s Lynn’s team for Wednesday is now:

Robert Lambert 7.52

Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

Michael Palm-Toft 6.33

Kai Huckenbeck 6.09

Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

Josh Auty 4.90

Simon Lambert 3.00

Share This: facebook.png twitter.png
Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

No.He riding Weds against Swindon

IT’S all change at King’s Lynn – as they look for one final push towards the play-offs!

Club owner Keith Chapman has spent the weekend restructuring his side with exciting Swedish talent Tomas H Jonasson coming in alongside fans’ favourite Michael Palm-Toft and Josh Auty.

Chris Holder, who is currently suspended, has been released along with fellow countryman Troy Batchelor.

Said Trucks R Us Stars chief Chapman: “I felt our season was heading towards a brick wall and had to do something.

“I would like to place on record my thanks to Chris Holder and Troy Batchelor for riding for the club and I’m sad it hasn’t worked out with them this season.

“Having said that I feel we now have an environment within the King’s Lynn team where everyone has the right attitude and they want to get out there and do their best for the club.

“Tomas H Jonasson has moved heaven and earth to get himself ready to come over from Sweden, Josh Auty and Michael Palm-Toft are well liked by the fans and I sincerely hope this can be the news we need to get our flagging season back on track.

“We don’t have an out-and-out No.1 but we have strength in-depth with a team full of riders with a good, positive attitude towards the club and towards the sport in general. They are all desperate to get started and do well for the club.

“Whenever Josh and Michael have been at King’s Lynn they have always entertained and given their best. Let’s see how the season goes from here and I would urge all King’s Lynn fans to turn out and back our play-off push, starting on Wednesday against Swindon.”

Simon Lambert will share a reserve role with Nicklas Porsing who is out injured on Wednesday.

King’s Lynn’s team for Wednesday is now:

Robert Lambert 7.52

Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

Michael Palm-Toft 6.33

Kai Huckenbeck 6.09

Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

Josh Auty 4.90

Simon Lambert 3.00

Share This: facebook.png twitter.png

That`s quite an interesting statement from Kings Lynn- any changes had to be with the BSPA by Friday 28th 11.59pm. Buster is quoted as saying he has spent the weekend restructuring the team- I sincerely hope he meant Friday !!!!!!

I'm very happy the virus around King's Lynn speedway has been eradicated.

This new line-up will never make the top 4 and will probably struggle to win another match at home but actually don't care.

We now have riders that will give everything to the cause (ok, maybe THJ excluded but worthy the benefit of the doubt) & 100% will be there backing this team to the hilt.

Having riders at the club that WANT to be here is far more important than those that NEED to be here.

Positives all round

t3431.gif

za2.gif

• Like 8

That`s quite an interesting statement from Kings Lynn- any changes had to be with the BSPA by Friday 28th 11.59pm. Buster is quoted as saying he has spent the weekend restructuring the team- I sincerely hope he meant Friday !!!!!!

I wonder if Buster reads BSF? See my post on this thread #3368

And you said it wouldn't happen lol.

Edited by Star Lady

Stars play off dream is well and truly over. The new riders are nowhere near as good as Batch and Holder.

Stars play off dream is well and truly over. The new riders are nowhere near as good as Batch and Holder.

Yes but they will ride after a rain droplet.

• Like 2

I'm very happy the virus around King's Lynn speedway has been eradicated.

This new line-up will never make the top 4 and will probably struggle to win another match at home but actually don't care.

We now have riders that will give everything to the cause (ok, maybe THJ excluded but worthy the benefit of the doubt) & 100% will be there backing this team to the hilt.

Having riders at the club that WANT to be here is far more important than those that NEED to be here.

Positives all round

Your best post ever

t3431.gif

za2.gif

They`re not supposed to be. They`re riders that hopefully want to race for there club.

• Like 3

If Holder and Batchelor had got away with their actions almost scot free I doubt any fan could go to a meeting in future in slightly inclement weather and be confident that it would go ahead.

A stand had to be made and Buster has made it, and probably with the tacit agreement of the rest of the promoters.

If the riders feel that agrieved, maybe they should form a Riders Association....oh hang on several have tried but the riders didn't want to know.

• Like 5