British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I know it's hard having back riders who have performed badly but Bjerre 5.87, Schlein 5.12 and Batch 4.96 are signing that if you can make you just have to. They could ride at 2,4 and 6 when only 2 seasons ago they would have been considered a pretty impressive 1,3 and 5! Throw in Puk and Lambert then take whatever fills the gaps. Kerr 4.76 and Rose 5.00 is the limit is 42. Huckenbeck for Rose if the limit 40.

Not for me I'm afraid. Time for a completely fresh approach. Those three have had a million injuries between them and even if they regained their mojos they would all only be one crash away from shutting off into corners all over again. Just not worth the risk.

• Like 1

But you only need one of three to perform and you have a heat leader trio to rival any side. The other two at worst will be solid 2nd strings. And leaves you enough points for a good reserve pairing. You may need to rely on the other 4 team members for excitement though..

Isn't THJ last EL average 5.69? Or will that be thrown away now and he'll have a new assessed one? As for a team I'd like to see

1. Niels Kristian Iversen 8.99 (Obvious, strong number 1)

2. Lewis Rose 5.00 (Deserves a run in the main body, been impressive both in PL and EL)

3. Robert Lambert 6.92 (Always been a good rider for KL)

4. Richie Worrall 6.00 (BV will have to drop someone from their team) (Or THJ if 5.69 instead of Richie??)

5. Kenneth Bjerre 5.87 (Steal on that average based on his form this year)

6. Kai Huckenbeck 3.56 (Steal on that average Imo)

7. Lewis Kerr 4.31 (Comeback??? Solid reserve)

Other riders I wouldn't mind seeing in KL colours next year

Martin Smolinski

Vaclav Milik

Aaron Summers

Josh Grajczonek

Piotr Pawlicki (Although NO chance :( )

Maciej Janowski to come back??? Nahhh :(

Just some stupid suggestions ^_^

What IS the limit for teams in the EL???

Edited by Dandelion

This years limit was 40.5 but I think it might rise to 42.5 due to no EDR. I think Lynn should be looking into Newman as a low average rider. We will be after Ellis and Starke I feel so Newman could be yours.

And Magic J, not a chance! He is Poole! Now we lost Darcy he will be Poole through and through. Captain fantastic!

This years limit was 40.5 but I think it might rise to 42.5 due to no EDR. I think Lynn should be looking into Newman as a low average rider. We will be after Ellis and Starke I feel so Newman could be yours.

And Magic J, not a chance! He is Poole! Now we lost Darcy he will be Poole through and through. Captain fantastic!

I thought there'd be no chance :P But you never know in speedway ANYTHING could happen

I really want to see Magic, Lindback and Holder to ride for Pool next year with THJ, Ellis and two others

No particular order

Holder

Holder

Magic

Lindback

THJ

Ellis

Starke

Dunno if it fits??

Edit: Why am I talking about Poole on the King's Lynn thread? -_- Sorry

Edited by Dandelion

Would not fit. But it's because we don't have our own one. King Lynn from an outside view I think you need to start afresh that might even mean getting rid of NKI if you get someone in to replace him. If you got Peter kildmand on his average of 7.17 that's saving you 1.8 point rather than NKI which could be placed on a better team overall.

Would not fit. But it's because we don't have our own one. King Lynn from an outside view I think you need to start afresh that might even mean getting rid of NKI if you get someone in to replace him. If you got Peter kildmand on his average of 7.17 that's saving you 1.8 point rather than NKI which could be placed on a better team overall.

Exit EDR system, enter the new, improved, DER!

EDR = Elite Draft Reserve..

DER = Draft Elite Reserve....

DER = same rules, different name!!

Guest system abolished, in comes "IEL"

Instant Elite Loanee, same rules as the old guests apply.

Radical or what!!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

Based upon previous experience, and operating within the current financial constraints, I feel nobody is being realistic.

If things at the strategy of the club stays the same then I would rather we drop down to the Premier League.

My Stars 2017 team;

1. Robert Lambert

2. Lewis Rose

3. Nicklas Porsing

4. Lewis Kerr

5. Rory Schlein ©

6. Simon Lambert

7. Josh Bailey

Now that is a title winning team in the Premier League and they are all our own assets.

Finances don't allow for us to compete in the Elite League - can you imagine us splashing the cash to bring in a Greg Hancock like Poole did a few years ago? Never going to happen. We don't get enough crowds in to pay the big wages. Even when we were miles clear at the top of the EL a few seasons back we didn't get big crowds.

• Like 1

Based upon previous experience, and operating within the current financial constraints, I feel nobody is being realistic.

If things at the strategy of the club stays the same then I would rather we drop down to the Premier League.

Finances don't allow for us to compete in the Elite League - can you imagine us splashing the cash to bring in a Greg Hancock like Poole did a few years ago? Never going to happen. We don't get enough crowds in to pay the big wages. Even when we were miles clear at the top of the EL a few seasons back we didn't get big crowds.

Most people on here live in cloud Cuckoo Land. Even with a new stadium and a fantastic track, Belle Vue crowds are a long way from those in Poland. We have to cut our cloth to survive. All this talk of a team with 3 SGP riders is beyond apprehension . If each team could afford one each, that would be a step in the right direction...

Every team should be able to sign a big name number 1 all GP riders or someone such as KK. Poole will probably sign 2 next season in KK and Magic or someone similar. Even if Leicester can't sign a big number 1 they should be able to sign a Hans Andersen type rider or Batch riders who are larger names.

Some People are saying points limit will be 42.5 if 7 riders remain and EDR is destroyed. I think Kings Lynn could have this team.

1.Holder= 8.00

2.Troy Batchelor= 5.00

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Krzysztof Buczkowski=6.50

5.Zengota=7.79

6.Kyle Newman= 4

7.Kai Huckenbeck=3.56

Total= 41.77

Edited by poolebolton

Most people on here live in cloud Cuckoo Land. Even with a new stadium and a fantastic track, Belle Vue crowds are a long way from those in Poland. We have to cut our cloth to survive. All this talk of a team with 3 SGP riders is beyond apprehension . If each team could afford one each, that would be a step in the right direction...

Each EL team has at least one GP rider THIS season - bar Leicester, which is less to do with cost than their chosen preferred race night!!

Lambert

Porsing

Rose

Iversen if he can fully commit

Huckenbeck possibly

And 2-3 fresh faces.

• Like 1