British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I can't see how any Australian can fit with under four points to play with. Kozza's last average was over six was it not? New assessed Aussies come in on five and as far as I'm aware no foreigner can come back on less than four however low their average was from the previous year.

I can't see how any Australian can fit with under four points to play with. Kozza's last average was over six was it not? New assessed Aussies come in on five and as far as I'm aware no foreigner can come back on less than four however low their average was from the previous year.

I take it things have changed since we signed Darcy.I'm sure we signed him on a 3 didn't we.

Dodging all the snipes about sticking up for a local paper vs sticking up for speedway, I would like to concentrate on the team.

I think it has playoff potential for sure. If Batchelor and Porsing can do well, they could be a very strong side to beat at home and a really good move by them to sign Chris Holder.

I would say they are the dark horses so far.

Dark horses? I'd say it's apparent that they are one of three trams named so far that could win the league. Poole still favourites imo, but this kl side id say just shades the wolves side, though clearly that depends on final wolves signings.

I take it things have changed since we signed Darcy.I'm sure we signed him on a 3 didn't we.

Proof that you can build a decent side with a top notch number one. Obviously there are issues with Holder and Ford and it wouldn't surprise me if Holder never rode for Poole again. This Lynn team looks strong and may well start favourites

• Like 2

Grow up.

C. Holder wouldn't of given KL a thought. If we offered him a 2017 contract.

I wanted KK as our No.1 from day 1. Tbh I am being biased on this one as I am a big fan of KK's. I wanted Chris Holder in our team as well but due to averages that was not possible

Anyway NEW POST!

KL have built a very very good line-up for 2017 no matter who fills the No.7 spot. KL & Poole fighting it out for top spot imo.

Good luck to Chris at KL. No doubt we will see him back in a Poole race suit one day.

KL fans get behind Chris. Don't knock him down if he has a poor meeting (Accusing him of average fixing). He is one of the very few GP boys fully committed to British Speedway.

Your team has made a big mistake as Holder is more reliable than KK also there is more to come from Chris a fresh start will do Chris the world of good.It is great than Lynn have put a good side together that has to be good for the league.
  • Like 4

Decent lineup should make top four if they steer clear of injuries.

same goes for Poole. If they can keep a fully fit 1-7 then I can see Poole possibly grabbing that 4th play off spot
  • Like 1

So, having a fish around it looks like Mitchell Davey is the other option, now riding NL as dual national and has a PL average of 3.00 from 2013.

no thank you lol Edited by hair

A completely full function room of fans, great to see, even after the cats were let out of the bags on social media lol

Buster will be continuing to do the track but Rob Lyon has taken over all other responsibilities re the speedway so it's his baby now, he has loads of plans, is looking forward to his new challenge so everything looks rosy to me. Dale has his new challenge as full time team manager as well as assisting Scott Campos with the youngsters so his hands are pretty full. A dedicated team 😊

I'll echo what Rob said last night, (the Tesco advertising must work ha), 2017 Season, BRING IT ON 😃

Thanks to everyone who bought tickets in the Supporters Club Xmas Stars themed raffle, one or two prizes there money can't buy 😊 Look out for details of a function or two we hope to run in the new year 😊

• Like 2

Proof that you can build a decent side with a top notch number one. Obviously there are issues with Holder and Ford and it wouldn't surprise me if Holder never rode for Poole again. This Lynn team looks strong and may well start favourites

im sure we could have built quality side around chris as well i always thought its more than averages anyway said before kings lynn gain our lose i await replys from the usual subjects

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening last night. As expected a full house showed again the interest the Stars generate. Buster spoke about alll the work going on behind the scenes and assured all that solutions to both BV and Leicester were imminent. Hoping one would be finalised this coming week. Up to the interval was taken up with news and information of club and personnel changes, and what is hoped for the future. A short break to replenish your glass, then it was down to the real business of team selections.

All announcements went as we had all imagined. Huckenbeck and Lambert sent messages apologising for their absence, but well pleased to be in the team again.. Porsing and Rose were the first to be introduced, both expressing the desire to improve on last year, before the arrival of Batchelor. He breezed in like a breath of fresh air. So vibrant and alert. you could see the happiness all over his face. It was obvious he was pleased to be part of the team. he explained his poor form last year and wants to put it to bed. He said he was doing a full season in Aussie land and expects to be at full fitness for when our season starts in March. He expects to do much better this year....

Finally the arrival of our new No1. I don't know if he expected such a generous applause but he received a huge welcome. Taking centre stage ( even Buster gave up his chair) He thanked KL for the opportunity to continue racing in the UK and assured us he welcomes the new challenge that lays ahead. It wasn't long before Troy got involved bantering all the questions Chris was being asked. It was obvious there is a big friendship there and this spirit can only benefit the whole team. From the oft, it was like a new beginning all smile and jokes, something we have rarely seen.

When Chris was asked about the reasons he left Poole , he said obviously the loaded average was an issue but it was not the whole story. Not wanting to air his dirty washing, he said he wants to move on now and give his all for KL and cant wait to ride against his old club where he has points to prove........... Interesting.......

Welcome to Kings Lynn Chris... I'm sure you'll be just fine....

Really enjoyed a good night....

• Like 8

Good side seems to have rattled one or two bluenoses....

I sure hope so haha, they so need to be brought down a peg or two, success has gone to their heads!

Holder has always had a good welcome at Lynn, as a Pirate an all, I'm sorry his inclusion has come about because of Niels being dictated to by the Poles, but he's a great rider, likes Lynn and now has a point to prove. Of course Batch will enjoy having Chris in the team, Aussies always stick together and so they should. I really do hope Batch can get back to his best, he certainly seemed happy last night 😊

Edited by Trees

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening last night. As expected a full house showed again the interest the Stars generate. Buster spoke about alll the work going on behind the scenes and assured all that solutions to both BV and Leicester were imminent. Hoping one would be finalised this coming week. Up to the interval was taken up with news and information of club and personnel changes, and what is hoped for the future. A short break to replenish your glass, then it was down to the real business of team selections.

All announcements went as we had all imagined. Huckenbeck and Lambert sent messages apologising for their absence, but well pleased to be in the team again.. Porsing and Rose were the first to be introduced, both expressing the desire to improve on last year, before the arrival of Batchelor. He breezed in like a breath of fresh air. So vibrant and alert. you could see the happiness all over his face. It was obvious he was pleased to be part of the team. he explained his poor form last year and wants to put it to bed. He said he was doing a full season in Aussie land and expects to be at full fitness for when our season starts in March. He expects to do much better this year....

Finally the arrival of our new No1. I don't know if he expected such a generous applause but he received a huge welcome. Taking centre stage ( even Buster gave up his chair) He thanked KL for the opportunity to continue racing in the UK and assured us he welcomes the new challenge that lays ahead. It wasn't long before Troy got involved bantering all the questions Chris was being asked. It was obvious there is a big friendship there and this spirit can only benefit the whole team. From the oft, it was like a new beginning all smile and jokes, something we have rarely seen.

When Chris was asked about the reasons he left Poole , he said obviously the loaded average was an issue but it was not the whole story. Not wanting to air his dirty washing, he said he wants to move on now and give his all for KL and cant wait to ride against his old club where he has points to prove........... Interesting.......

Welcome to Kings Lynn Chris... I'm sure you'll be just fine....

Really enjoyed a good night....

Everyone knows there was an issue between Ford and Holder and the averages was a handy smokescreen.

Can see this being a long term thing if Holder does well

• Like 1