British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

So Chris Holder and Troy Batchelor can come all the way to Kings Lynn from Australia, but Lambert can't make it from up the road?

Clearly the fact that Chris has signed for KL has "rattled your cage"................ with any luck he won't want to return to Poole after 2017 .............. massive long-term cock-up by Fraud if that transpires.

Anyway have a nice Christmas and try not to lose too much sleep over the issue!

Its been well reported.

It isn't. You appear the only person mentioning it.

Can't say I have read anything about this anywhere.

Maybe another team sponsor on board now then?? as trucks are us. sponsors holder, rose and Batchelor I think so may now come on board as a team sponsor !

If it is correct that Mitchell Davey is on a 3 point average then he is the option I would pick if not then go for josh bailey, but I guess they may want to see how he returns after his injury that ended his season

Perhaps the number seven delay is to allow Josh to prove his fitness. Would have him over Davey every day if the week and probably anyone else seeing as the young Brum lads will be tied up on Wednesdays. Perhaps Williamson if he fits.

I think you've named the top four there unless Leicester or Belle Vue declare something remarkable when they name their sides.

Clearly the fact that Chris has signed for KL has "rattled your cage"................ with any luck he won't want to return to Poole after 2017 .............. massive long-term cock-up by Fraud if that transpires.

Anyway have a nice Christmas and try not to lose too much sleep over the issue!

Rattled my cage? Lol!

I applaud the fact that Chis has got himself fixed up in the UK. It would have been a tragedy if he lost our to the new regs. Kings Lynn have a top world star.

Whether he ever returns to Poole I have no idea but.I will continue to cheer him on in the GPs. He has probably just increased his fanbase by 100%. I am pretty sure most Poole fans will still continue to cheer him on in his attempt to reclaim a world title. I wish him the very best.

• Like 1

No we haven't.

KK no GP's = No distractions. No Swedish meetings either which means KK wont get burnt out as the season goes on.

As much as I like C. Holder I wanted KK back at Poole from day 1.

Great but the reality is Holder is a better rider and away from home there could be a few blips away from home from KK.To sacrifice Holder i would have expected to have seen a stronger line up than the one you have assembled. Edited by Sidney the robin

Oh so you havent seen it? Shock horror in shovlar stirring rubbish again. You seem to have in for Lambert anyway, is that because hes not tempted by Frauds chequebook?

I am not ine to spend hours going back searching for the posts but it was reported on this forum on two seperate occasions last season, by Kings Lynn fans.

Agree every team has question marks.

KK will lead by example week in week out. Honestly KK is a different rider when riding for Poole especially with no distractions (GP's & Swedish Meetings). He has been waiting a long time to get back in a Poole race suit I am 100% sure he wont let us down.

Andersen with the new format will be just fine. Not spectacular but very consistent. Also a good team man to have in the pits to help out the younger riders.

Now here is the problem. I don't expect J. Holder to do too much in his first top flight season because he hasn't ridden the majority of the tracks in the top flight. However I will support him just like I will support the rest of the boys.

Brady will be better next time around. Brady has now ridden all of the top flight tracks which means he now has a rough idea on how to get round some of them. Brady would only struggle around Rye (Possibly) and Wolves (Defo) imo.

Klindt can be hot or cold. I have no doubt in my mind that Nicolai will bang in big points at reserve week in week out however when Nick moves into the 1-5 that is when it gets serious.

Not that worried about Shanes as he will only get 3 rides a meeting. If James can get 2 points per meeting then that is job done. We will always have a high scoring reserve to bang in the points.

Overall my prediction for the top 4 at this moment in time is Poole, KL, Wolves and Rye

Every team has question marks. Poole as I mentioned above. KL (Batchelor - Can he bothered when the going gets tough, Will Huckenbeck & Rose improve), Wolves (Will they have enough fire power at reserve?) and Rye (Will Watt do better than last year, Will Perks & Robson be consistent enough)

Time will tell.

Didn't you support the Swindon riders one year?

Great but the reality is Holder is a better rider and away from home there could be a few blips away from home from KK.To sacrifice Holder i would have expected to have seen a stronger line up then the one you have assembled.

All riders have blips. Holder in the semis at Monmore. Holder at Swindon. Even Rickardsson had the occassional mare.

The extra points gained by sacrificing Holder for KK could prove crucial during the season. It gives us a reserve who can score points all the way through, whether its Klindt, Newman, Holder or Kurtz. With Chris in the team we would not have that luxury.

With Kings Lynn going for Chris, it means Rose is in the top 5. Whilst that may be ok at home, away its a different story.

Still, until I see that BV and Leicester teams, a top four of Poole, Rye House, Kings Lynn and perhaps Wolves looks likely.

All riders have blips. Holder in the semis at Monmore. Holder at Swindon. Even Rickardsson had the occassional mare.

The extra points gained by sacrificing Holder for KK could prove crucial during the season. It gives us a reserve who can score points all the way through, whether its Klindt, Newman, Holder or Kurtz. With Chris in the team we would not have that luxury.

With Kings Lynn going for Chris, it means Rose is in the top 5. Whilst that may be ok at home, away its a different story.

Still, until I see that BV and Leicester teams, a top four of Poole, Rye House, Kings Lynn and perhaps Wolves looks likely.

I don't see Holder having many blips in this league motivated he will clear up most weeks Doyley(Better😅) the only other rider who is on his level.

They will both have blips away from home. Both riders will struggle at Rye and Wolves for starters.

Around Wimborne there is nothing in it.

Will wager a pint of Shandy 😅that Holder has a higher average than KK and this is from someone who is a KK supporter at his best he is class.

I don't see Holder having many blips in this league motivated he will clear up most weeks Doyley(Better) the only other rider who is on his level.

That could well be true.

But, the extra .65-.85 of a point higher average he might get over KK, is completely lost by the 1.5 + saving Poole made. Chris Holder is not 1.5 better than KK, so Poole get the advantage of KKs lower starting average. If Chris Holder finishes the season 1.5 higher average than KK, we would still have been better off with KK, as with Chris Matt Ford would not have been able to put together the team he has

100% the right call for Poole to use KK.

• Like 2

Proof that you can build a decent side with a top notch number one. Obviously there are issues with Holder and Ford and it wouldn't surprise me if Holder never rode for Poole again.

Rubbish. If there was a big fallout between Chris and Matt you really think Jack would ride for Poole?

Rubbish. If there was a big fallout between Chris and Matt you really think Jack would ride for Poole?

Why not, i'm sure young Jack is his own man and makes his own decisions...

KK can be flaky at times but apparantly he never will when riding for Poole..

No one has said that! Poole fans have been saying KK has been very reliable when in our team in the past. Which is all we can base it on.

Why not, i'm sure young Jack is his own man and makes his own decisions...

True but i wouldn't have thought he would come if Chris left badly.