British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

That could well be true.

But, the extra .65-.85 of a point higher average he might get over KK, is completely lost by the 1.5 + saving Poole made. Chris Holder is not 1.5 better than KK, so Poole get the advantage of KKs lower starting average. If Chris Holder finishes the season 1.5 higher average than KK, we would still have been better off with KK, as with Chris Matt Ford would not have been able to put together the team he has

100% the right call for Poole to use KK.

If you genuinely put the Stars & Poole teams side by side there is absolutely nothing between them.

Holder - KK

Rose - Newman

Batch - Kurtz

Porsing - Holder

Lambert - Andersen

Huck - Klindt

This is an argument that will only be settled in October or by injuries, certainly not by opinion

• Like 4

Maybe another team sponsor on board now then?? as trucks are us. sponsors holder, rose and Batchelor I think so may now come on board as a team sponsor !

If it is correct that Mitchell Davey is on a 3 point average then he is the option I would pick if not then go for josh bailey, but I guess they may want to see how he returns after his injury that ended his season

Why would TRU7 need to sponsor a reserve team too....already sponsor the no1 team in East Anglia 😛

• Like 1

I am very pleased Chris Holder is riding in the uk for Kings Lynn as Iversen clearly would rather ride elsewhere.

A big bonus for Kings Lynn and the sport in general in this country. I think his issues with Matt Ford and his other personal issues maybe have influenced the decision on all sides but i do think and hope he will be back at Poole in the future.

Good luck to Kings Lynn who deserve a bit of luck with their team next season after being very unlucky over recent years.

• Like 1

can't see why poole could not put a team together with Chris in it kings Lynn have just my opinion

• Like 1

If you genuinely put the Stars & Poole teams side by side there is absolutely nothing between them.

Holder - KK

Rose - Newman

Batch - Kurtz

Porsing - Holder

Lambert - Andersen

Huck - Klindt

This is an argument that will only be settled in October or by injuries, certainly not by opinion

But you don't ride with those line ups do you?

Pirates edge it for me.

If this is still the Kings Lynn section I would like to say that I would like to see Josh Bailey at the number 2 reserve because he is a LYNN rider and we wouldn't be training up someones else's asset. But as has already been said your must be sure he is fully fit first

It will be great seeing Chris Holder fly around Saddlebow Road, as I am still want to call it.

Also delighted that Robert Lambert is back and Lewis Rose too - local lads in a local team, can't be bad.

Rob Lyon getting it right.

• Like 1

It isn't. You appear the only person mentioning it.

Can't say I have read anything about this anywhere.

Nor me.

• Like 2

Interesting to note that everyone seems happy with the Stars team for 2017 ...as indeed I am :t: -But it should be said that this team isn't substantially changed from 2016 strength-wise so we can only hope that Troy or Niklas can be the 3rd heatleader that was missing this year!

As for the 7th rider - if averages allow it I think we ought to be looking at a rider at least of Simon Lambert's standard rather than an untried NL rider.... or is it compulsory that he must be?

Also - what has happened to 'squads'? I thought that idea was finally going to be implemented in 2017? :nono:

Why would TRU7 need to sponsor a reserve team too....already sponsor the no1 team in East Anglia 😛

As Witches fans we know how fortunate we are to have such a great backer - cant blame the country cousins for wishing for a bit of it too.

As you say though they will always be No2 at best in the East. 😛

Form is temporary but class is permanent as the saying goes ☝

I am very pleased Chris Holder is riding in the uk for Kings Lynn as Iversen clearly would rather ride elsewhere.

But harsh as he has to ride in Denmark and the other two big leagues pay more and only run once a week. A complete no brainer for him really. Sounds like he would have done all four but for those lovely Poles.

can't see why poole could not put a team together with Chris in it kings Lynn have just my opinion

Don't forget 'Hans was always going to be in the team' so that's nearly half the points on two riders. Be like Swindon.

As for the 7th rider - if averages allow it I think we ought to be looking at a rider at least of Simon Lambert's standard rather than an untried NL rider.... or is it compulsory that he must be?

We have just over three points left and Lambert averages just over five so ain't going to happen. Looking at what else is around we may as well go with Josh.

Makes you wonder if there's a problem between Holder and Ford there's more to it than his average

We have just over three points left and Lambert averages just over five so ain't going to happen. Looking at what else is around we may as well go with Josh.

The only thing that concerns me about bringing Josh in, is if he's already riding SGB Championship League, and presumably National League, would it, at such a young and still relatively inexperienced age be one step to far, to soon for him.

I'm not sure also whether he goes to work during the day, and if he does, that combined with three leagues of racing could cause him burn out problems.

He's a massive talent in the National League, and improves almost meeting upon meeting (when fit of course). He's still very much on a learning curve at Scunthorpe, and with absolute no disrespect to the lad, he's got a little way to go on that rung of the ladder yet, so it just worries me that the SGB Premiership would possibly kill off all the hard work he's done so far, and that the confidence that is growing along with it.

He's almost definitely one for the future, but I think 2017 is just a little bit to soon. Just my thoughts anyway, and I might be completely wrong.

• Like 3