British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

It's been said that Somerset wanted Kildermand but this rule prevented it. Unfortunately Poland have all the power, not a lot the riders can do in the short term. They can't risk losing that income.

Which I can't understand as 80% of the time they don't pay u in Poland

• Like 2

The Polish speedway authorities are NOT higher than EU employment laws, even if they like to think they are. A speedway authority has no power to demand where someone works. They cannot dictate which leagues riders can and cannot ride in.

Which EU employment law do u think is being broken Steve?

As far as I'm aware there is no law which states an employer cannot ask a contractor to work exclusively for that employer for the duration of the contract period.

But if I'm wrong I would be very interested to know the relevant law you think applies.

Makes you wonder if there's a problem between Holder and Ford there's more to it than his average

Steve Shovlar already confirmed this a few pages back.

can't see why poole could not put a team together with Chris in it kings Lynn have just my opinion

They could have done. But the extra 1.5 points they had elsewhere means they've ended up with a stronger team imo.

I think the kl team is almost as strong, boosted by the fact that I think both lambert and batch could actually improve their averages, but feel klindt>huckenbeck gives poole the edge.

Which EU employment law do u think is being broken Steve?

As far as I'm aware there is no law which states an employer cannot ask a contractor to work exclusively for that employer for the duration of the contract period.

But if I'm wrong I would be very interested to know the relevant law you think applies.

Steve Shovlar already confirmed this a few pages back.

They could have done. But the extra 1.5 points they had elsewhere means they've ended up with a stronger team imo.

I think the kl team is almost as strong, boosted by the fact that I think both lambert and batch could actually improve their averages, but feel klindt>huckenbeck gives poole the edge.

I think batch could be the snip of the season could easily be second heat leader behind holder
  • Like 1

Batch is a massive gamble, if it pays off you're laughing and if it doesn't well you'd be crying! Though I do think he is worth the risk.

Batch is a massive gamble, if it pays off you're laughing and if it doesn't well you'd be crying! Though I do think he is worth the risk.

Personally i think he's on the down grade, But perhaps Chris can kick his backside..

I think batch could be the snip of the season could easily be second heat leader behind holder

I don't get all this doubt about Batchelor. He has been about for many years, and has proved more than able heat leader during that time. He suffered terribly last year with his arm injury and his performance dropped. Lets not forget, form is only temporarily whereas skill is more permanent. I saw enough last year to know he has lost done of his gating ability and it was only his injury and strength that was his undoing. But even then he still showed the character of a fighter....

In this weakened league he will more than recapture that SGP form he had a few years back, adding many points to his ridiculously low average.

Some say a massive gamble, ..... I'd say Yeah,,, Odds On...... :t::t:

• Like 1

I wish Poole had taken a punt on Batch he still has a lot to offer imo

I personally think he's on the down grade..

I personally think he's on the down grade..

I think confidence has been a contributing factor as well as the injury we know what he is capable of.

His arm injury had him miss half of last season he will score points in this league people say he is a big risk i think the whole league is the big risk

Batch isn't a big risk at all. Along with Klindt he is one who could put a point on his team-building average. Most others will lose a point or more.

• Like 1

In this mediocre league really.?

We'l see. Thats my opinion.

The Polish speedway authorities are NOT higher than EU employment laws, even if they like to think they are. A speedway authority has no power to demand where someone works. They cannot dictate which leagues riders can and cannot ride in.

spot on I've been saying that all winter - Iversen or any eu citizen can earn a living were they see fit