British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Agree, he'll improve once again but not by enough to challenge Holder this year. He'll probably get to that level one day but not just yet. I certainly wouldn't swap him for anyone else on his average.

• Like 1

Cant see Lambert being any better than Harris. His gating is atrocious and you can't give top fivers a couple of bikes lead by the first bend and expect to get it back.

All this hype about Lambert I just can't see it, overrated at best.

Disagree.

Talented ..definitely

Trouble is he is inconsistent. . Even in the Championship League for Newcastle

As much as I like to watch Lamberts races, and yes he has improved progressively, he's a long way off the quality of SGP riders like Chris Holder. Yes he has tons of ability and youth is on his side, but how many years do we wait before he masters the art of gating. I find it astonishing this is still his Achilles Heel .

Unless he is able to overcome this massive disadvantage, he most probably, will never reach the height that everyone prophesised he would.......

All this hype about Lambert I just can't see it, overrated at best.

There is no other Brits to get excited about though! I you think he is overrated doesn't say much about the rest.!

Cant see Lambert being any better than Harris. His gating is atrocious and you can't give top fivers a couple of bikes lead by the first bend and expect to get it back.

Are you talking about Lambert or Harris? ;)

Robert is only eighteen and only going one way. Bomber's best days are behind him. No brainer which one is better value. That said agree with everyone who has pointed out his gating, until he sorts that he will find things extremely difficult. Hopefully one day soon it will click.

• Like 2

Bronze in the U21, um & who did he beat in run off!

• Like 2

Why are you poole fan still even here

Anyway who do we want for the last riders boys and girls ?

Picked this match at random. Can't see a great deal wrong with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhMTluBuEc

Bronze in the U21, um & who did he beat in run off![/quote

Quite right. 2 years younger, already heat leader in the Premiership & a superb racer - can't believe how some people put him down

• Like 1

Nobody is putting him down but to say he is the next best thing is ridiculous. The story might be different if he could gate.

Does anyone think he can compete with Dudek, Holder, Helium etc in a couple of years time?

Two years is a long time and a lot of speedway meetings, it's quite possible. He'll still only be twenty so even then younger than the riders you mention are now. I don't think people fully appreciate just how much ability he has at such a young age. He is years off his probable peak.

• Like 3

Its a wonder we have any British riders coming through when one of the best prospects of the speedway world is slated like this..... you lot are all half empty people and should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!!!!!!

An 18 year old at heat leader in his first season of elite league.... 3rd in the world U21 ... 3rd in Britain.... Team GB rider........... and you guys knock him!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

By the way , check out the video below..... Gating a world class rider and passing two other wold class riders....

If the fastest riders gated first every time....... speedway would be boring!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKy3YZ53jag

• Like 3

Have no worries, we'll always back him at Lynn whatever happens, as long as he's enjoying his career that really is the main thing. He's a talented racer and I love watching him 😊

Why get hung up on who's better than who, just so u can say told ya so? nah!

• Like 1