British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Nobody is putting him down but to say he is the next best thing is ridiculous. The story might be different if he could gate.

Does anyone think he can compete with Dudek, Holder, Helium etc in a couple of years time?

Dudek is 24. In two years time Lambert will still only be 20. Lambert is younger than Holder but has a higher average so I have every expectation that he can compete with Holder in the future.

Apart from maaksym drabik I can't think of a better rider aged 19 or under at the moment .

FWIW I'd rank the best Under 19s as;

1 Robert Lambert

2 Maksym Drabik

3 Brady Kurtz

4 Jack Holder

5 Bartosz Smektala

6 Dmitri Berge

7 Max Ruml

• Like 1

I think some people often forget how young Robert Lambert is. Myself included. His gating at times is terrible for a rider of his level but I bet compared to every other 19 year old in the World he's still top 3 gaters.

Its a wonder we have any British riders coming through when one of the best prospects of the speedway world is slated like this..... you lot are all half empty people and should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!!!!!!

An 18 year old at heat leader in his first season of elite league.... 3rd in the world U21 ... 3rd in Britain.... Team GB rider........... and you guys knock him!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

By the way , check out the video below..... Gating a world class rider and passing two other wold class riders....

If the fastest riders gated first every time....... speedway would be boring!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKy3YZ53jag

At last I read a post that recognises the serious talent that Lambert is

• Like 1

All the talk about Holder at NO1, me thinks Lambert could push him hard for the NO1 jacket if he carries improving like he has over the last 3 years. ENGLISH pride!

Well said. He would be first name down year after year for any team I supported.

Pure joy to watch and what a talent, and BRITISH!!

You only have to look at his World U21 final results to see he is good enough to be classed as potentially world class.

His improvement has been excellent season on season too.

• Like 3

Well said. He would be first name down year after year for any team I supported.

Pure joy to watch and what a talent, and BRITISH!!

You only have to look at his World U21 final results to see he is good enough to be classed as potentially world class.

His improvement has been excellent season on season too.

Totally agree with you Steve, well 99.9% of your post, British na ENGLISH!!

• Like 1

Totally agree with you Steve, well 99.9% of your post, British na ENGLISH!!

:t:

I was just being PC but i agree 100% with yours!

All this hype about Lambert I just can't see it, overrated at best.

If you think Lambert is overrated I wouldn't like to think what your opinion on the other young Brits.He is talent IMO .

If you think Lambert is overrated I wouldn't like to think what your opinion on the other young Brits.He is talent IMO .

More like he's the only chance we have. The new Premiership format basically guarantees that new British riders will never get the chance to excel at international level.

• Like 1

James Shanes

James Shanes

You've got to be kidding right? When we start saying riders like James Shanes are the future of British Speedway, we're accepting that the future of British speedway is very bleak!

You've got to be kidding right? When we start saying riders like James Shanes are the future of British Speedway, we're accepting that the future of British speedway is very bleak!

It is you have to face reality

Kings Lynn could have had Bjerre and Schlein instead of Holder and their two pointer (probably Bailey). Would have been a much stronger team.

Remains to be seen how well Holder does but the reason he hasn't been retained by Poole is because his average is unachievable, that's no different for him at Kings Lynn and Poole will be the ones to benefit when he goes back there for 2018.

Nobody is putting him down but to say he is the next best thing is ridiculous. The story might be different if he could gate.

Does anyone think he can compete with Dudek, Holder, Helium etc in a couple of years time?

The question is: can Holder compete with Lambert?

You can rule Helium out of this situation too, he's going right to the top.

It is you have to face reality

I already faced reality long ago. I've been saying since 2008 that the sport is heading completely the wrong direction. But to say that Shanes has more potential than Lambert is a bit laughable.

Give it 2 or 3 years and British speedway will be a thing of the past.

The question is: can Holder compete with Lambert?

Which Holder?

James Shanes

Older than Lambert and still NL standard,more interested in grass track IMO .Will compared their progress in the league at the end of the coming season though