British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Older than Lambert and still NL standard,more interested in grass track IMO .Will compared their progress in the league at the end of the coming season though

I'm not being funny but... anybody who buys a speedway bike can enter at James Shanes level with a month or two's practice.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

I already faced reality long ago. I've been saying since 2008 that the sport is heading completely the wrong direction. But to say that Shanes has more potential than Lambert is a bit laughable.

Give it 2 or 3 years and British speedway will be a thing of the past.

Which Holder?

It was meant to be, I like to joke as people on here get so wound up by the stupidest of things its fun.

• Like 1

It was meant to be, I like to joke as people on here get so wound up by the stupidest of things its fun.

Oh fair play.

Kings Lynn could have had Bjerre and Schlein instead of Holder and their two pointer (probably Bailey). Would have been a much stronger team.

Remains to be seen how well Holder does but the reason he hasn't been retained by Poole is because his average is unachievable, that's no different for him at Kings Lynn and Poole will be the ones to benefit when he goes back there for 2018.

Doubt if Schlein will ride for Kings Lynn again.

• Like 2

Didn't someone on her say David Howe was gonna reach the top?

He should have stuck around. He'd be SGB Premiership heat leader level

I'm not being funny but... anybody who buys a speedway bike can enter at James Shanes level with a month or two's practice.

I think you might be. Give me a couple of months practice on a speedway bike and I bet you if I went the fastest I could, the chances are I would be lapped by Shanes before the end of the race.

Shanes was the only rider to beat Ellis at Eastbourne. Sure he and other two pointers are going to find it hard to score but Shanes has potential.

To compare him to Lambert at this stage of his career is stupid though.

• Like 2

they can't and many don't get remotely close if you look at the amateur scene. Very few actually reach that ability.

Didn't someone on her say David Howe was gonna reach the top?

Someone on her??

On dear, poor choice of words or spelling. :rofl:

Another who gets the quotes wrong.

For clarity the quote was 'had the potential to be world champion'.

You would have to be a little daft to not see the difference.:t:

they can't and many don't get remotely close if you look at the amateur scene. Very few actually reach that ability.

Sorry but I really don't believe that. If Speedway were as accessible as karting then I'd imagine James Shanes would be pretty low on the list of options.

James Shanes

11 months older than Lambert and only average a point more in the NL than Lambert did in the EL. If Lamberts gating is poor then Shanes has no words to describe his!

What about your comment on Lambert take it was only a joke too!!!!!!!!

I don't know why some are getting hot under the collar about the latest Daily echo Holder story when it was announced days ago that he had been given permission to talk to Kings lynn which is like saying he will sign for them. All they have done is stated the obvious which is that he will probably be unveiled at the fans meeting tonight.

So if another club announced your signing of Newman the night before the big unveiling at your quiz night all Poole fans would be ok with it? 😂😂 Starman would be on every thread (which he hates) complaining.. there was just no need for it

God what have I started

What about your comment on Lambert take it was only a joke too!!!!!!!!

I could of worded it better I think, inconsistent fits better now do you want a mince pie?

Edited by Pirate Oliver

God what have I started

I could of worded it better I think, inconsistent fits better now do you want a mince pie?

Better than a mice pie!
  • Like 1

James Shanes is a brilliant racer, unfortunately his gating is worse than Robert Lambert's