British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
idh

Edinburgh V Somerset 16th Sept

I'd say Somerset have chosen their guests well but don't consider that they have strengthened. Regarding Lindgren, it's completely different guesting for an away team compared to a home side, particularly on a track where the home riders are so strong.

• Like 1

The top team in the league visit with only 3 of the riders who got them into that position,that's Speedway nowadays,a shambles .

• Like 3

I agree with what you say but Im sure I'm not the only one thinking this and giving the fixture a miss,speedway is just getting itself deeper in the mire every year with there hair brained ideas.IMO.Riders are getting far to easy and simply mess the Promoters about nowadays.Cake and Eat It comes to mind regarding riders. Sympathise with situation at Armadale though.

Sure Edinburghs alternative day is a Saturday could they not use it and have a match that day

Sure Edinburghs alternative day is a Saturday could they not use it and have a match that day

My thoughts exactly, even run a double header with an early start, 6pm? So that you can run two full meetings before the curfew.

• Like 1

I'd say Somerset have chosen their guests well but don't consider that they have strengthened. Regarding Lindgren, it's completely different guesting for an away team compared to a home side, particularly on a track where the home riders are so strong.

Agree completely with the above , I remember we used Robbo quite frequently a couple of seasons back as a guest and he never let us down as far as I recall. He then came to our place with his own team ( Rye I think) and didn't do much at all and was quoted as saying " it's a lot easier riding with the Rebels than against them". It's always awkward with guests imo , one you can generally cope with , but three plus an untried NL rider makes it very hard. I hope they do well and wish them all the best and a safe meeting.

Peterborough can't do Saturday.

And as far as I am aware we can't do Friday plus Saturday in a given week.

My thoughts exactly, even run a double header with an early start, 6pm? So that you can run two full meetings before the curfew.

they asked all 3 teams to come on Friday and only 1 of them said yes so not sure how they run a double header? As for Saturday half of Peterborough's team (Holub, Bjerre and Thomsen) are in Pardubice so I couldn't see them doing that even if Edinburgh offered it, it's a very strange situation if the Peterborough match does not take place before the cut off then Edinburgh are definitely in the play offs and they seemed to want to race the meeting and Peterborough who desperately need points didn't want to come up.

Glasgow are probably assuming Newcastle won't win at Ipswich and are safe in 2nd place without running the last match. I imagine they will be straight on the phone to try and get something arranged if Newcastle do win.

From an Edinburgh perspective if Sheffield get nothing tonight then they are in the play offs, so no pressure to arrange anything.

• Like 2

There we have it then, Sheffield beaten by Rye House tonight with the help of the skipper, Sam scored 10+1(4) for Rye House.

Unfortunately, Simon Stead had to withdraw with a wrist injury after his 2nd race..... Hope he is ok

• Like 1

Monarchs are in the play offs, brilliant

You are well done you have done better than some expected as the saying goes you have got to be in it to win it.

• Like 3

they asked all 3 teams to come on Friday and only 1 of them said yes so not sure how they run a double header? As for Saturday half of Peterborough's team (Holub, Bjerre and Thomsen) are in Pardubice so I couldn't see them doing that even if Edinburgh offered it, it's a very strange situation if the Peterborough match does not take place before the cut off then Edinburgh are definitely in the play offs and they seemed to want to race the meeting and Peterborough who desperately need points didn't want to come up.

Glasgow are probably assuming Newcastle won't win at Ipswich and are safe in 2nd place without running the last match. I imagine they will be straight on the phone to try and get something arranged if Newcastle do win.

From an Edinburgh perspective if Sheffield get nothing tonight then they are in the play offs, so no pressure to arrange anything.

I thought Glasgow were doing you a favour just in case you needed to win on Friday to qualify.

• Like 2

I thought Glasgow were doing you a favour just in case you needed to win on Friday to qualify.

what by allowing us to race against the team that won at Glasgow? seems a bit backwards

Don't need to win on Friday now after captain Sam helped Rye stop Sheffield from getting any points last night. I hope Stead is ok after his fall which was probably just as big a factor to the result.

Good to prove the doubters wrong with Monarchs making the play offs with 3 home matches to spare. Arguably the team have still not peaked this season with Clegg and Bewley showing improved signs recently it would be a good time to peak, just need more track time for Mark. Virtually guaranteed 4th or 5th which means if we can win the QF it'll be somerset again in the SF so maybe not a bad thing half their team are missing a warm up match on Friday.

• Like 1

Somerset didn't have a problem accepting the booking with four guests, so why would it be a problem for peterborough, fact is they could pick guests more suited to the dale, given the fact peterborough need a result, Somerset only racing for pride.

Was unaware of the fact Edinburgh could only race once a week, which is a pity.

Thought I read somewhere last weekend only Glasgow of the 3 were considering accepting an offer to race.

• Like 2