British Speedway Forum

Also not that interested now that Jason is not in it, also the pub will not be open that early to watch it. If someone puts a utube link on here I will watch that, thanks.

will be on here http://www.cricfree.tv/bt-sport-2-live-stream don`t download anything if prompted- just click on small crosses until you can get on full screen option

• Like 1

Will still thank you nw42 and R&R for info.

I know it's a weekend but 9am 1st race early !!!!

4am here in Trumpland but the alarm is set. :lol::t: Join you then. Alan.

Speaking to a lot of guests in our hotel last night here for the Speedway, and mostly not having heard or seen any advertising for the GP in Melbourne leading up, other than advertising spots on Fox Sports, and not terrestrial TV. Not everyone has pay TV here!

I noticed there was no coverage in the Herald Sun and The Age newspapers, Melbourne based news outlets today in their sports section. Another noticeable thing during practice yesterday was the only GP rider who has any merchandise other than the regular SGP gear on sale was Greg Hancock with his Grin range, nothing from any other rider.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is nobody seems to know an event like this is being held at a premier venue in Melbourne, other than those who follow the sport itself. A busy area is Southern Cross station and a main business area nearby the stadium. There is literally no advertising anywhere in the vicinity which is mind blowing when you're trying to exceed last year's attendence around the 26.685 mark. They've forecasted around 25.000 for this year. Are the organisers leaving money on the table because I think they are massively.

I can't see how the organisers are getting the word out there attracting new customers, and this is Australia, a good source of Motorsport is held around the country. Holding it the same weekend as the Moto GP is bonkers in itself. That's a key market who are an hour down the road for three days not at the Etihad as an example. It just feels it's not taken as seriously as it should be, and the same people will just come each year, or eventually numbers will drop off demographically.

That's all I watch it for, first is first and everything else is irrelevant

A lot of people watch speedway for the racing... :(

Steve

• Like 1

Bit of an anti climax for the Championship but there`s still places to fight for further down the list, lets hope its a decent meeting.

Very early (4am ) here in the USA. Nice UK stream here

http://stream4.freehdsport.com/bt2.html

Lets hope this is a good meeting, though like most, i'm gutted for Jason Doyle. Good , safe racing is my hope.

Alan.

Probably would have been larger had Doyle been there. Looks empty though.

Kildermand should of gone there , perhaps he was unsettled by he mini straight half way round the corner

Looks a bit gate and go so far, track looks packed in hard.

Congratulations to Greg Hancock, certainly a speedway legend.

Looks a bit gate and go so far, track looks packed in hard.

Are you watching the same meeting as everyone else. Loads of passing and close racing in the opening 4 heats.

Well done Greg Hancock. I had him written off several years ago but he has just got better like vintage wine.