British Speedway Forum

If a footballer is penalised incorrectly for delibarate handball, does he walk off the pitch carrying the ball? Or does he get on with it and protest his innocence after the game.

For too long the sport has indulged the likes of Middleditch, who decided Hancock was innocent and threw his toys out the pram IMMEDIATELY because the Ref had the temerity to apply the rules. What kind of attitude is that????? You have to stay firm at this point, because there is an attitude in a certain speedway clique that they can do what they like and the rules are just there for the plebs. Fair play to Hancock if he is genuinely innocent, but I choose to listen to Kelvin, another ex rider who's opinion I actually respect.

i was surprised that Kelvin said what he did. He was surprised he had to say it..

It was very poor taste, no doubt. The worst of it all, is that it was 100% totally pointless.

There have been other situations in the past; Loram/Screen as mentioned before, but the one that sticks out for me is Vojens '96 - again involving the yanks! Without that interference, I am convinced Nielsen would have been world champion.

Whilst you could never ever condone such actions, there was a world title at stake.

But Hancock was well, words fail me.

I don't know the ins and outs of the rule book, but would love it if there was an option of docking points being added in the future to try and prevent such instances happening again. It may just make a few of these guys think.

• Like 3

Hancock taking the p*** there coming into Holder's interview with his big cheesy grin and hugging him.

As for Pearson and his constant "Based on opinion" crap....

That's the spoon connection, you can never take the spoon out of the man
  • Like 1

Manipulating a race to help a friend/countryman or in this case Monster teammate is never acceptable. I would still say the same if Greg was helping Tai out tonight.

Pulling out did help him.
  • Like 1

Hancock proving what a fake he's always been. He's not a nice guy, he doesn't give a sh17 about his fans (those who admit it) and he's all about himself and no one else. Some world champ to cheat and then walk out on fans who see him once a year. Good riddance, counting down the day until he retires and hopefully takes that other odious Yank with him.

Spot on!

if the equipment showed a fault in his first heat, got worse in the 2nd heat, why didn't his team change the part, repair it or use another bike if a repair could not be made. Why would a rider who sounds so scared to ride a bike thats not 100% go out on a bike that isn't knowingly 100%. I smell a rat

Edited by marky
  • Like 4

Nobody complained when he let Harris past at Cardiff a few years ago! ;-)

• Like 1

if the equipment showed a fault in his first heat, got worse in the 2nd heat, why didn't his team change the part, repair it or use another bike if a repair could not be made. Why would a rider who sounds so scared to ride a bike thats not 100% go out on a bike that isn't knowingly 100%. I smell a rat

because they are a blatant CHEAT
  • Like 1

Can't stand the knob and don't buy all this mr nice guy caper never have, tbh wish he would just P off out the sport!

• Like 4

Fantastic Greg at 46 4 times world champ, God bless America The Olympic Champions Apple Pie Ben and Jerrys Maccy Ds Baseball Clint Eastwood Mickey Mouse Hilary Barry Obarmy Donald Duck and Donald Dump. We whooped your European and Aussie asses good n proper...yeehaa!

Fantastic Greg at 46 4 times world champ, God bless America The Olympic Champions Apple Pie Ben and Jerrys Maccy Ds Baseball Clint Eastwood Mickey Mouse Hilary Barry Obarmy Donald Duck and Donald Dump. We whooped your European and Aussie asses good n proper...yeehaa!

Now please take your medicine and go back to bed(lam)

• Like 1

Looking at his statement he said he felt that strong about it that is why he pulled out.Would he have said or done the same had the unfortunate Doyle been riding,simple answer no.

• Like 5

Looking at his statement he said he felt that strong about it that is why he pulled out.Would he have said or done the same had the unfortunate Doyle been riding,simple answer no.

The bloke is full of brown stuff

The bloke is full of brown stuff

It's all that crap energy muck he allegedly drinks :wink:

• Like 1