British Speedway Forum

Long way for the speedway GP circuit to go for a pointless meeting. I don't think I have looked less forward to a GP in many a year.

• Like 1

Long way for the speedway GP circuit to go for a pointless meeting. I don't think I have looked less forward to a GP in many a year.

There's loads on this meeting.

You're looking at it from just a World title perspective.

Zmarzlik & Holder are chasing medal positions.

Woffy hanging on to a medal spot.

Iversen, Zagar and Lindbäck are chasing down the top 8 while Janowski is looking desperately to hang in there.

There was far less on last year's AusSGP with the title done and dusted but it served up some excitement.

Just enjoy it, all the rider's will be giving it 100%

• Like 4

Sadly true. Just not got the enthusiasm to get up early to watch Hancock win a gifted World Title and frankly I don't give a crap who comes 2nd or 3rd. I doubt Tai gives a crap either, he wants to win as it's all that matters.

The only thing I really care about is Lindgren finishes outside the top 8 so Bjerre doesn't get in. That aside it's just a speedway meeting now to me, nothing special or exciting. Such a shame after the SEC going to one of 9 being able to win it, it going down to a last heat decider where any of the 4 could win the title and the guy in 9th at the start of the day winning it. Bah.

Too many rounds Whose gonna lose a packet from this one or is it BSI promoted?

Locally promoted I'm sure. But a month ago u would have said it was shaping up as a promoters dream.

It's a superb series and the right length imo.

• Like 1

Sadly true. Just not got the enthusiasm to get up early to watch Hancock win a gifted World Title and frankly I don't give a crap who comes 2nd or 3rd. I doubt Tai gives a crap either, he wants to win as it's all that matters.

The only thing I really care about is Lindgren finishes outside the top 8 so Bjerre doesn't get in. That aside it's just a speedway meeting now to me, nothing special or exciting. Such a shame after the SEC going to one of 9 being able to win it, it going down to a last heat decider where any of the 4 could win the title and the guy in 9th at the start of the day winning it. Bah.

I know it's a weekend but 9am 1st race early !!!!
  • Like 1

Are you jesting?

Might be 9am first race for uk viewers but what time is that in Melbourne?

Are you jesting?

Might be 9am first race for uk viewers but what time is that in Melbourne?

Scb, who he was responding to, is not in Melbourne.

Meeting starts 7pm local time.

Mixed feelings going into Friday's practice kicking off the weekend. The Moto GP is also on at Phillip Island just outside of Melbourne, so a busy weekend for those doing both. As far as showcasing the event, a minute 30 clip of Crump doing circles, Hancock and Holder comments aired on Channel 9 tonight at 6.30. Again not sure if any riders did radio interviews on a couple of sports stations here, maybe someone knows. An estimated 25.000 was mentioned for Saturday and a lineup of events put on for the public Friday and Saturday outside the stadium. Practice is free with a ticket and starts at 3 til 4.30pm

As far as the GP goes, I'll have to suffer watching Joe Parsons dancing around like a coat hanger!!

Edited by Two Putt Shakur

As big a fan of Greg as I am, it's really a crying shame that we're not going to get the Doyle v Hancock showdown.

The championship always seems to be wrapped up by the time we get to Australia.

As others have said I've no interest in the battle for 2nd and 3rd place, nobody remembers those places, all I want is Lindgren to finish outside the top 8. As I'm sure most people do.

Not happy about the early start, if they ran it at 4am on Sunday then us British viewers could watch it at the usual time.

I think that's only fair and proper..

You're looking at it from just a World title perspective.

That's all I watch it for, first is first and everything else is irrelevant.

Just enjoy it, all the rider's will be giving it 100%

If you say so! For most it's just a pointless meeting.

Yes! :D :D

I'm with Shawn. Just can't get excited about it. It'll get recorded, I might watch it. Most likely will later but just whizz through it.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Also not that interested now that Jason is not in it, also the pub will not be open that early to watch it. If someone puts a utube link on here I will watch that, thanks.

Also not that interested now that Jason is not in it, also the pub will not be open that early to watch it. If someone puts a utube link on here I will watch that, thanks.

Well just in case your curiosity gets the better of you just jump on this fella's youtube channel (the guy with the leather cap) a couple of hours after the meeting and the GP should be there in full if the rest of the season is anything to go by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQCnmTrPRc

Don't thank me, thank racers & royals, he's the lord of the links in these parts.

I'm also nonplussed about this one but seeing as I finish work about 6am on Saturday I will endeavour to stay awake for it, after all it's a long winter without any live speedway.

• Like 1