British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Did anyone notice anything in last night's programme.

The very same programme which was printed beginning of week and available to buy in advance.

Holder only pulled out last minute yet miraculously Adam Ellis was printed in the programme as riding in it.

They kept that quiet

my program had a review of the Elite League Final so that cant have been printed until Thursday at the earliest.

Not a great advert for speedway but fairplay to those riders who showed up.

Well done Freddie, great 1st and 2nd turn in the final!

my program had a review of the Elite League Final so that cant have been printed until Thursday at the earliest.

Yep good point. Even read that and never even thought. Doh

Edited by Phil The Ace

Congratulations to Freddie Lindgren on his victory last night and to the rest of the riders who made a go of it on a very average track surface which turned out to be a pretty uninspiring evening. The whole event seemed a bit flat to me and to be honest it seemed like a barometer for the Elite League in general.

As I said in an earlier post the only hope for this meeting, I feel, is as a curtain raiser like it was last year. I think most of the riders would see it as an good opportunity to get race fit early in the season.

Special mention to Freddie, NKI, Bomber and Ed Kennett who really got stuck in and gave the event some integrity.

As already mentioned it was a decent crowd, something the BSPA hardly deserved.

1 last moan from me. And I mean no disrespect to conor dryer here but how can you take an ELRC serious when a NL reserve/MDL rider gets a ride in an ELRC. Surely reserves should at least be PL standard at the very least.

Tbf in the 80s they had track reserves so the likes of lee Edwards, berne collier, Glenn hornby etc.

Sorry state of affairs when people will turn up in numbers to watch a load of crap just because it will be six months before they can watch another load of crap, BSPA loving this.

Tbf any speedway meeting can be good and any can be rubbish. Decentish line up I can understand people going along to this.

You need to look at the BSPA official averages.They are both behind Tungate and Ellis is nearly a point behind Morris.From the original line-up mdmc was correct in saying they were only above Starke in the averages.

Tbf surely the most releant are those for the 2016 season, so those on speedway stats are a better guide than BSPa rolling averages.

And of course they never used the stupid semi final/final system in a one off meeting, its just plain nuts imo. A meeting that used to be more competitive than a World Final, and now they can't even run it with 16 riders...Shocking :cry:

This I fully agree with

The Elite League RC has been plagued with withdrawals for a number of years and it makes a farce of the competition when reserves from the team end up riding.