British Speedway Forum
superclamp

Woffinden's Language.

Could any tell me if Woffinden is ever brought to task about his foul language when he is being interviewed.

He seems to find it quite amusing, and yet again on saturday when being interviewed he couldnt stop himself from swearing.

He is the world champion who is supposed to be representing our sport, if any other sportsmen whilst being interviewed on tv constantly swore like he does, im sure there would be repercussions.

• Like 5

Many young people use swear words in normal speech now days. But Tai should be asked to stop swearing or not be interviewed. It sounds awful. If his sponsors get no TV coverage he will soon alter his way.

We have debated this subject more than once and never come to any conclusion either way, I wont hold my breath that this thread will be any different.

No point asking him to stop, he revels in it.

He was asked before, on air, but just repeated the "f" word.

Sure, lots of people use bad language, but very few (if any) high profile personalities do so when being interviewed.

It certainly shows a lack of respect towards those listening to him.

He seems to enjoy it, it's another sign of his attention seeking, (and he displays enough of those attributes already). Sad, really.

He really is in need of a guiding management and PR hand.

In the meantime the only way to change this, is to stop interviewing him completely, (my preferred option) or when he does swear, just curtail the interview with a brief "thanks Tai". Perhaps we could petition Steve Brandon, or BT / Sky on this basis?

• Like 4

Fantastically talented on a Speedway bike ,but nothing between the ears I'm afraid.

Agreed. A description that could have also been applied to Ward if his off track antics were anything to go by.

• Like 3

I would rather they just stop interviewing him for a few GPs (and any one else that uses same language on camera), they would soon learn, after maybe their sponsors question why their "man" is not fully promoting their product.

Then give him a chance to show he learned to clean up, but if he "slips" up during an interview just curtail it.

He does seem to have cleaned up since the Cardiff debacle, if he swore on Saturday night at Teterow then I didnt hear it, mainly because I mentally turn off when he being interviewed. A good rider, but I dont like his personality.

I wonder if Tai uses that language in front of his partner, or doesny mind others using that language in front of his partner.?

If he does object to foul language being used in front of his partner, then why does he think its ok to swear in front of my wife (when she watching).

All through the olympics from Rio I watched a lot of the sport, paticularly in the velodrome. All the young Brits being interviewed and I didnt hear any foul words at all - and they were putting in as much effort as speedway riders do.

• Like 4

To me it's as if he's doing it as a bit of dare to try and impress his buddies in the pits , just trying to push it to the limit , very childish IMHO

• Like 1

I wonder if Tai uses that language in front of his partner, or doesny mind others using that language in front of his partner.?

If he does object to foul language being used in front of his partner, then why does he think its ok to swear in front of my wife (when she watching).

Times have very much changed, you would be deemed as sexist by many for such comments now.

I swear all the time, so Foook it!..Change the subject for Christs sake...BORING!

I swear also but would never do it at work. I'd get a disciplinary if I did. It's called having standards. if you are representing something or somebody, you should act accordingly.

The comment about young people swearing in normal conversation is an interesting one. None of the kids I know do so and my son hates it when I do. The language in the streets just walking around the local town centre however does back up what you were saying.

I swear all the time, so Foook it!..Change the subject for Christs sake...BORING!

Now you know the subject bores you, no need to look again. Simples - just go away :lol: See, the point can be put over without foul language.

Times have very much changed, you would be deemed as sexist by many for such comments now.

Times may have changed, but it doesnt mean everyone approves it nor accepts it. If you just accept "times have changed" goodness knows what the future is going to bring.

Tourettes??

I dont think so, not in Tai's case.