British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

He's mental only answer I could come up with.

all decent speedway riders need to be a 'bit' mental,,, but is this a case of 'should be locked up' mental ??? ;)

all decent speedway riders need to be a 'bit' mental,,, but is this a case of 'should be locked up' mental ??? ;)

Did he not spend a bit of time at her majestys pleasure in his younger days? Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

It was this time last year we were hearing the same things about Robert and he has been nothing short of a sensation, and a model professional at that! Would still prefer Robert and Steve as our top two above anyone else though and the only replacement for Robert I would ever be happy with would be cookie if we could get him. Even on a huge average I'd take a strong top two any day, with riders who can improve in the middle order.

Wouldn't take up the sport otherwise.

Did he not spend a bit of time at her majestys pleasure in his younger days?

Is it really relevant? The guy can ride a speedway bike, obviously been in with the wrong crowd, if he can be taken away from that environment and given good guidance he could go a long way in the sport, unfortunately young people who don't channel their talents and earnings in the right direction often end up in trouble, unfortunately some can't be guided.

• Like 2

Wouldn't take up the sport otherwise.

Is it really relevant? The guy can ride a speedway bike, obviously been in with the wrong crowd, if he can be taken away from that environment and given good guidance he could go a long way in the sport, unfortunately young people who don't channel their talents and earnings in the right direction often end up in trouble, unfortunately some can't be guided.

yes it is relevant when its in a discussion about him being 'hard work' so to speak... imo

Did he not spend a bit of time at her majestys pleasure in his younger days?

a dunno,,, well, obviously they didn't throw the key away, so surely he can't be that bad,,, or can he ???

maybe he is just misunderstood and, everyone deserves another chance,,, or has he used all his up ? ;)

yes it is relevant when its in a discussion about him being 'hard work' so to speak... imo

People do change, possibly not always for the good, but don't think it's wise to bring up these sort of things without proof or relevance. That's how rumors start........

• Like 1

Regardless of his past, Garrity is a f**ing good speedway rider and would be an entertainment to watch every week

Just the person to bring the crowds in

Lambert will bring in the crowds of people who already know speedway, they know he's the next best thing

Someone new through the gates won't know that and will just see Garrity hanging off the side of the bike and think "Wow, I'm coming here again" New people come to new sports to be entertained, being relatively new to the sport myself I would say that I was far more interested in watching Robson than I was Newman for example, because Robson was more entertaining, I didn't know Newman had potential and I didn't know Robson was old, this is just a kinda scaled down version of Garrity Vs Lambert

And imo Garrity is more entertaining to watch than Lambert, as entertaining as Robert is himself, just my opinion

• Like 1

He is too wild too often and dangerous past an acceptable point IMO.

• Like 1

How about Howarth, always one i've rated and maybe, after his last performance at Brough has finally got to grips with it ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

How about Howarth, always one i've rated and maybe, after his last performance at Brough has finally got to grips with it ?

Probably at Sheffield next year, imo

He is too wild too often and dangerous past an acceptable point IMO.

As long as he's not deliberately hurting people, it's not too far, it's a tough sport

People do change, possibly not always for the good, but don't think it's wise to bring up these sort of things without proof or relevance. That's how rumors start........

By asking a question?? just because hes a speedway rider dont mean we can discuss him on a forum... like anybody, in any walk of life surely?.

I think that Garrity is, or seems to be, one of the very few heirs to the tradition of riders whose personality shines out from beneath the helmet - Banger, Sean Wilson, Biffer Beveridge and Jason Lyons to name only a few. People whose attitude shone out (for better or worse).

We have had what appeared to be troublesome riders in the past (e.g. Boxall, Hauzinger) and I'm sure George will know exactly who he wants for 2017, but I would welcome Garrity.