Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

more worrying could be if both reserves in your team are stars you could dominate whilst if you have 2 duffers it could be a long old season .............. at least previously with most teams trying to field a decent number 6 .. it kept a relatively level playing field.

thats where the shrewd management/team building come's into it ;)

• Like 1

I'm sure that George will come up with something good. He usually does.

I'm sure that George will come up with something good. He usually does.

It's not just George picking the team :approve:

• Like 1

It's not just George picking the team :approve:

True - but he probably has the biggest input and influence.

Am I correct that the team or majority of team to be announced at talk in held on 28 November 2016?

• Like 1

I think if we can put the same amount of effort into the team as we did last year we have to have a good chance of a successful season. Here's hoping we are on the front foot with signings as riders being snapped up quickly

Why dosent everyone just wait and see its the same every year who gona sign whos not and mr parks

stop putting everyone done mr no all your just a hanger on in the pits

Why dosent everyone just wait and see its the same every year who gona sign whos not and mr parks

stop putting everyone done mr no all your just a hanger on in the pits

That'll be Mr Park (no 's') and I haven't put anyone 'down', just giving The White Knight the information that it's not only George English putting the team together. As for 'hanger on' we've been through all that before.

That'll be Mr Park (no 's') and I haven't put anyone 'down', just giving The White Knight the information that it's not only George English putting the team together. As for 'hanger on' we've been through all that before.

Totally agree with you... George said himself in Speedway star couple of weeks ago that him and a certain other promotor/ director were in long distance phone calls over the make up of the team
  • Like 1

Totally agree with you... George said himself in Speedway star couple of weeks ago that him and a certain other promotor/ director were in long distance phone calls over the make up of the team

is one of them on holiday, like ? ;)

is one of them on holiday, like ? ;)

No they just had to buy a bigger bit of string to connect the two cups together!!! :P:P :P

• Like 2

thats where the shrewd management/team building come's into it ;)

your taking more of a leap of faith with inexperienced unknowns ...................

I think my real point is the weakness of reserves in this years huge 10 team league ... means that a team whose 2 reserves could click - could walk away with the league easily

I can easily see a decent reserve pairing picking up 10 points per meeting (say sissis and ayres riding for Glasgow) whilst a few others with 2 danny Philips (a little harsh I know) will average 3 points per every 8 races in a meeting - a 7 point differential is enormous and I can see that happening

so far - teams are packing the main body and the its reserves being squeezed............. I just think the 40 point average will create a runaway league champion (and sadly not us)

your taking more of a leap of faith with inexperienced unknowns ...................

I think my real point is the weakness of reserves in this years huge 10 team league ... means that a team whose 2 reserves could click - could walk away with the league easily

I can easily see a decent reserve pairing picking up 10 points per meeting (say sissis and ayres riding for Glasgow) whilst a few others with 2 danny Philips (a little harsh I know) will average 3 points per every 8 races in a meeting - a 7 point differential is enormous and I can see that happening

so far - teams are packing the main body and the its reserves being squeezed............. I just think the 40 point average will create a runaway league champion (and sadly not us)

How can you say that without knowing one single signing for the Diamonds so far?

• Like 2

One question, if Newcastle won the league would they go up and if Poole finished bottom would they come down ?

One question, if Newcastle won the league would they go up and if Poole finished bottom would they come down ?

Apparently, everyone has agreed to promotion and relegation, so yes.